2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Need opinions on buying a new mustang

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/14, 02:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Congrats on the order. I hope the incentives go up when your VIN arrives. BTW, if your married send for the $750 in your spouses name also. Double your chances. It's good for everyone in the household, and can be used on top of all other incentives. Good luck.

Also, you can contact Deysha ( our Ford Customer Rep. here), and she will track your car for you as the process moves along. The wait is terrible, but it helps when you know where the car is during that wait.
Old 2/7/14, 08:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
The wait is terrible, but it helps when you know where the car is during that wait.
I just ordered my car earlier today and I already can't stand the wait
Old 2/7/14, 08:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I've had mine for just shy of one year now and love it. It has 17,500 miles on the clock and may get to go on a Western States National Parks tour this spring.
Old 2/8/14, 06:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
I've had mine for just shy of one year now and love it. It has 17,500 miles on the clock and may get to go on a Western States National Parks tour this spring.
Is the National Park Tour a Mustang event? Where can I find out more about it?
Old 2/8/14, 08:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by elkk
Is the National Park Tour a Mustang event? Where can I find out more about it?
No, it's just us in our Mustang on a trip we are planning. Tentative plans include the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion, Capital Reef, Canyon Lands, Arches, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and possibly a few other stops.
Old 2/8/14, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Find another dealer. Period. My dealer didn't require a deposit. I used the X-plan and on top of that, rebates increased after I ordered - and when my car arrived, I got the additional rebate amount...and my $750 coupon.

Good luck!

Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 2/8/14 at 12:25 PM.
Old 2/9/14, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
No, it's just us in our Mustang on a trip we are planning. Tentative plans include the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion, Capital Reef, Canyon Lands, Arches, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and possibly a few other stops.

Tom, you'll have a ball. We took nearly the same tour in 2012, and it is beautiful country to see. Also, you will enjoy the Mustang, but as you know packing is an adventure in itself. You may already know, but we took ours as far as Gallup, NM from North Carolina in 2013 for three weeks. As I tell folks, it was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Have a great trip.
Old 2/10/14, 08:28 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ampzor
I ended up ordering the car, but I was told I couldn't lock in the incentives until the VIN is generated. The order is tied to my name, but I can opt out at any time. My dealer wants me to come in when the VIN is generated so they can close the deal and agree on the price/incentives. I also put a request in for the mustang brochures; fingers crossed I get a coupon.
Congrats on your new order and welcome to the forum, ampzor!

Congrats on the order.

Also, you can contact Deysha ( our Ford Customer Rep. here), and she will track your car for you as the process moves along. The wait is terrible, but it helps when you know where the car is during that wait.
Thank you for the mention, wanted33! I already have him under my wing.

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I just ordered my car earlier today and I already can't stand the wait
Welcome and congrats to you as well, Joeywhat! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Deysha
Old 2/21/14, 08:08 PM

Hey all,

Just a quick update. The car has a VIN! It will be delivered some time early/mid next month. That is surprisingly quick considering I ordered it Feb. 4th. Does anyone know if there are any finance incentives?

Also, I received the $750 coupon in the mail , but since I will be using the Competitive Lease Conquest incentive, I won't be able to use it . Or at least that is what it says in the fine print...
Old 2/21/14, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey all,

Just a quick update. The car has a VIN! It will be delivered some time early/mid next month. That is surprisingly quick considering I ordered it Feb. 4th. Does anyone know if there are any finance incentives?

Also, I received the $750 coupon in the mail , but since I will be using the Competitive Lease Conquest incentive, I won't be able to use it . Or at least that is what it says in the fine print...

This reminds me of when I ordered my Shelby last year. Keep checking on updates, talking to other members about mods, can not stop thinking about the Mustang...Glad to see others are still excited about ordering and thinking about there Mustang....You will Love it...
Old 2/21/14, 09:19 PM
Cobra Member

Tom, you'll have a ball. We took nearly the same tour in 2012, and it is beautiful country to see. Also, you will enjoy the Mustang, but as you know packing is an adventure in itself. You may already know, but we took ours as far as Gallup, NM from North Carolina in 2013 for three weeks. As I tell folks, it was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Have a great trip.
The trip is planned and reservations are all made. It is down to 15 days after the decision to skip the Grand Canyon - been there. I'm hoping it will be top down most of the way. Packing is no problem. We travel light. Once we get started I'll try to maintain a thread on our trip with photos. Love that Mustang and looking forward to this trip.
Old 3/7/14, 09:02 PM

So I just wanted to give you all a little update. My car arrives sometime in the next few days! Has anyone used the new college graduate incentive or a related incentive? My dealer insists that it can't be used as money down on the car, rather it will be a check mailed to me after the deal is completed... Does this sound right?
Old 3/8/14, 07:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats on the order. I hope the incentives go up when your VIN arrives. BTW, if your married send for the $750 in your spouses name also. Double your chances. It's good for everyone in the household, and can be used on top of all other incentives.
Last three new Fords I bought I received the 'incentive' coupon (or two or three!) a month or so later.
Old 3/8/14, 08:57 AM

I received the $750 private offer in the mail, but when I tried to use it the dealer said that the certificate wasn't pulling up in Vincent so now I have to call the Marketing Department on Monday... I'm almost there...
Old 3/8/14, 12:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on being so close! Post some pics when your baby arrives!
Old 3/8/14, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

So I just wanted to give you all a little update. My car arrives sometime in the next few days! Has anyone used the new college graduate incentive or a related incentive? My dealer insists that it can't be used as money down on the car, rather it will be a check mailed to me after the deal is completed... Does this sound right?
Can't say for sure, but sounds like total BS, just like most of the other stuff this dealer has told you. Why would Ford go through the hassle of cutting people physical checks for an incentive when they should just subtract it off the price of the car to begin with?

Congrats on the car though!
Old 3/8/14, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by puma1552
Can't say for sure, but sounds like total BS, just like most of the other stuff this dealer has told you. Why would Ford go through the hassle of cutting people physical checks for an incentive when they should just subtract it off the price of the car to begin with?

Congrats on the car though!
I was told it was because Ford needs to confirm that the transcript or whatever proof you are giving them is valid. I agree, I think it is BS, but I'll check with Ford's Marketing Department on Monday.

Last edited by ampzor; 3/8/14 at 04:59 PM.
Old 3/8/14, 04:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ah that could be…what did you order?
Old 3/8/14, 05:08 PM

Deep Impact Blue 402A Package w/ Navigation
Old 3/11/14, 11:35 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I received the $750 private offer in the mail, but when I tried to use it the dealer said that the certificate wasn't pulling up in Vincent so now I have to call the Marketing Department on Monday... I'm almost there...
Did you ever get this addressed, ampzor?

Deysha

Quick Reply: Need opinions on buying a new mustang