2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Need opinions on buying a new mustang

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/14, 11:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Von Bek
A quick question guys, I've been trying to decide weather to wait for the new model or get a 14 since it would probably be a bit easier on the bank account with the rebates coming down. I haven't really been able to find too much information on the deals though. Is there a place I can go to find them?

Von, for the incentives in your area go to www.ford.com, under "shopping tools" on the top right of the page, click. At the bottom of the middle section you'll see "Incentives & Offers". That will give you the up to date info.

There won't be any info. on the '15's, just the 14's. I wouldn't expect any incentives on the '15 for quite a few months as it's the new generation.
Old 2/3/14, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe it varies from dealer to dealer. My dealer lets me order and then take the incentives that are the best deal...either at the time of order or at the time of delivery.

Yes, I guess I'm lucky. Small town dealership that I know well and have done business with for years. They treat their customers well.
Old 2/3/14, 08:34 PM

Thanks Deysha for the insight.

I talked to a dealer today who gave me a great deal and said they would check on whether they will lock in the incentives tomorrow. Fingers crossed they will say yes so I can put an order in . If not, I wonder what the odds are that the incentives in April will be worse than the ones now... If I put the order in tomorrow, do you guys think the car will arrive before March 31st?

Last edited by ampzor; 2/3/14 at 08:40 PM.
Old 2/4/14, 05:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am willing to bet the incentives will be the same or better. My dealer said the same thing when I ordered back in Dec...as we approach the release of the 15's they most likely will increase the incentives and even if they don't go up, I really doubt they would reduce them...but hopefully he will lock them in for you and you would be good to go....
Old 2/4/14, 06:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ampzor

I talked to a dealer today who gave me a great deal and said they would check on whether they will lock in the incentives tomorrow. Fingers crossed they will say yes so I can put an order in . If not, I wonder what the odds are that the incentives in April will be worse than the ones now... If I put the order in tomorrow, do you guys think the car will arrive before March 31st?
FYI I had the same situation last year and the incentives rose in April. Be sure and send for your brochure with the $750 coupon.asap.

Originally Posted by JCStang
I am willing to bet the incentives will be the same or better. My dealer said the same thing when I ordered back in Dec...as we approach the release of the 15's they most likely will increase the incentives and even if they don't go up, I really doubt they would reduce them...but hopefully he will lock them in for you and you would be good to go....
They may not offer such a big incentive on the 2014 if the 2015 price gap is a big one. The 2015 may increase enough to make a Hugh difference.
Old 2/4/14, 09:13 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You’re very welcome, ampzor! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Deysha
Old 2/4/14, 12:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

ampzor, Ford's fine print says that the incentives are the best of the two options. The day you order, or the day you purchase. My dealer showed me this in writing. So, to me that says the dealer cannot change this. Good luck.

Last edited by wanted33; 2/4/14 at 12:03 PM.
Old 2/4/14, 12:56 PM

The dealer told me today that they will lock in the incentives, but if they go up, I don't get the better ones. At this point, with the amount of money off I am receiving, not including the $750 coupon (if it works), I can't really complain. I'll try to talk to the salesman when I go in after work today to order it.
Old 2/4/14, 02:06 PM

We ordered our Mustang Friday and we were assured the incentives were locked in but if they are better when the car arrives we get the better incentives.
They said a deposit wasn't required and we signed a contract with an agreed price.
Old 2/4/14, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks all for the input. I liked the idea of ordering the car because I'm still in a lease and that ends in a few months which would be, hopefully, when the car would arrive from the factory. I was just curious about the incentives because if the car arrives after March 31st, I would loose out on the current incentives if I couldn't get them locked in... On the bright side of things, the salesman assured me that I was not bound to an agreement to buy the car when it comes in. Also, I would receive the $1000 off for the Competitor Lease Conquest and $500 for being a new grad. Could I use the $750 in conjunction with those two incentives? I don't mean to bombard you guys with all of these questions, but you all are so knowledgeable Tukatz, I actually tried to use the Truecar price voucher and the salesman said no-can-do because it was only valid for in-stock vehicles.
dude this dealer thinks they have u over a barrel. Take your business to another one. I've never bought a car without playing dealers off each other.
Old 2/4/14, 02:19 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, sounds like you're still getting jerked around by the dealer. They're hoping the incentives will go up, and they get to pocket the difference as profit. If you don't pay attention to the incentives yourself, the dealer will happily give you the lesser incentives on your purchase price, but collect the better incentives directly from Ford and keep the difference as additional profit on the sale for them.

If I were you, I'd insist on getting the better of the two as per Ford's policies, or walk. I don't begrudge dealers a profit, but ones who get it by lying to or misleading you don't deserve your business. So far, it sounds like both the dealers you've worked with fall into the latter group.
Old 2/4/14, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

reading through this thread, all i could think of is how messed up it is that people gotta deal with dealerships. Kept reminding me of Tesla. Imagine how awesome things could be if ford would just directly sell us the cars.

ampzor i hope you get the best deal possible
Old 2/4/14, 02:37 PM

Thanks guys. If anyone knows where in the "fine print" it says that you get the better of the two incentives, then I'm all ears. I'll be heading to the dealer in a few hours to negotiate and I would like to go in with some ammunition .
Old 2/4/14, 03:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Unfortunately, it's not fine print. It's policy between the dealer and Ford.
Old 2/4/14, 04:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Ampzor, sorry for the delay. It was my weekend off and Monday we got slammed with a heavy snow (I couldn't make it in). When you get a chance, shoot me a PM with a number I can contact you at and I'll be happy to answer any dealer related questions. I'm one of the sales guys on here and the other members can vouch for my honesty. I'll help you in any way and I can check on all the rebates you are eligible for and if they are all compatible. I'm glad to help.
Old 2/5/14, 11:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

@ampzor, do contact Jeff. He'll give you the straight skinny on incentives. He helped me a bunch when I was preparing to buy.
Old 2/5/14, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks guys. If anyone knows where in the "fine print" it says that you get the better of the two incentives, then I'm all ears. I'll be heading to the dealer in a few hours to negotiate and I would like to go in with some ammunition .
Just write it in your purchase contract. You can add conditions to the sale / purchase, too.
Old 2/6/14, 09:07 AM

I ended up ordering the car, but I was told I couldn't lock in the incentives until the VIN is generated. The order is tied to my name, but I can opt out at any time. My dealer wants me to come in when the VIN is generated so they can close the deal and agree on the price/incentives. I also put a request in for the mustang brochures; fingers crossed I get a coupon.
Old 2/6/14, 09:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
It took 22 days for my VIN to show up. YMMV
Old 2/7/14, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I checked my spam email folder a few weeks AFTER I ordered.

"What's this?!" $750 bucks!

Quick Reply: Need opinions on buying a new mustang