2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Need advice on 2010 deal

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/10, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phanattic
Sounds as though you got them down to dealer cost less the rebates, plus tax, no? Have you seen truecar.com? I think it's a good price, but feel that if you are willing to take the gamble, you can do better next month - it's costing the dealer to keep the car on the lot, and it will be less desirable as the '11s are more readily available. I'm hoping to see Ford offer dealer cash, which could get passed on to the buyer.

Bottom line, is losing this car worth the possibly of saving another $500?
Yes, that is the big question... What will Ford do on June 1st......... I have a feeling the car will still be there... But, will the rebates go up, stay the same, or go down.....
Old 5/30/10, 09:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fordonly
What a coincidence. I am looking at an extremely similar car here locally. I have access to A Plan and after that and rebates the price was 27,951. The one I was looking at had the comfort package too though. I was hoping to find one a little less optioned to make the deal closer to $26k myself. Sounds like you worked a pretty good price considering you don't have A Plan or anything. They are working close to invoice.

Be sure to drive a 2011 v6 and compare. My friend thought the v6 pulled better up top.
Old 5/30/10, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by ttbit
What a coincidence. I am looking at an extremely similar car here locally. I have access to A Plan and after that and rebates the price was 27,951. The one I was looking at had the comfort package too though. I was hoping to find one a little less optioned to make the deal closer to $26k myself. Sounds like you worked a pretty good price considering you don't have A Plan or anything. They are working close to invoice.

Be sure to drive a 2011 v6 and compare. My friend thought the v6 pulled better up top.
I just always think they can do a little better on price. I guess that is my problem.... I drove a base '11 v6. I liked it a lot. Had great power. Just not the sound I want.....
Old 5/30/10, 10:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just always think they can do a little better on price. I guess that is my problem.... I drove a base '11 v6. I liked it a lot. Had great power. Just not the sound I want.....
The sound between the two is great, for sure! I would say that is probably the biggest difference. Of course, the steering is quite different in the 11 too.
Old 5/31/10, 07:43 AM

Yes, that is the big question... What will Ford do on June 1st......... I have a feeling the car will still be there... But, will the rebates go up, stay the same, or go down.....
I cannot see them taking any money off the table, especially in regions that have a lot of stock.

To your point from a different response, they always seem more flexible on the last day of the month, so maybe you can get the price where you want it today.