2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

narph's 2014 GT Track Package Carnage *not for the faint of heart*

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/14, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking car. I'm sorry about your misfortune, but as a dear friend of mine says, never replace...UPGRADE! About a year ago, a guy backed into the hood of my parked 2011 kona mustang gt. He bashed in my hood, grill, front bumper... It was ugly, but only cosmetic. I was considering going with a ram hood before this happened and it was a great chance to make the change. When I was done, better than ever. I got zero in loss of value, but the drivers insurance company was absolutely concerned with making the car perfect!

I may have lost a buck or two in value, but it's hardly worth worrying about day to day.
Old 2/15/14, 12:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by eric n
Great looking car. I'm sorry about your misfortune, but as a dear friend of mine says, never replace...UPGRADE! About a year ago, a guy backed into the hood of my parked 2011 kona mustang gt. He bashed in my hood, grill, front bumper... It was ugly, but only cosmetic. I was considering going with a ram hood before this happened and it was a great chance to make the change. When I was done, better than ever. I got zero in loss of value, but the drivers insurance company was absolutely concerned with making the car perfect! I may have lost a buck or two in value, but it's hardly worth worrying about day to day.
Not much you can do to a fender, but I understand what you are saying. Apparently the insurance sent a bunch of info to the house, I'll hafta check it out after I leave work today.
Old 2/15/14, 12:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Ya kno, I really dont think the situation is that bad my man. I mean most of us have been there and have dealt with much more damage. Yes it makes you absolutely sick to your stomach but u have to look at it as a god send that the damage was contained to only one panel of the body. And on top of that its replaceable. Further more, you have a non metallic black paint which is 1000x easier to match with the rest of the car then lets say a metallic sterling grey. My advice to you (since ive been in this situation with a previous car) do everything in your power to get the insurance company to allow you to pick a reputable body shop. NO DEALERS!!! And fight hard to get that panel REPLACED and not FIXED inorder to retain sharp fender lines that dull when repainted over. Good luck man.
Nothing wrong with dealer body shops if it's a good dealer. There's value in the guys there likely having worked on the same car previous to your own, IMO.
Old 2/15/14, 01:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Great looking car. I'm sorry about your misfortune, but as a dear friend of mine says, never replace...UPGRADE! About a year ago, a guy backed into the hood of my parked 2011 kona mustang gt. He bashed in my hood, grill, front bumper... It was ugly, but only cosmetic. I was considering going with a ram hood before this happened and it was a great chance to make the change. When I was done, better than ever. I got zero in loss of value, but the drivers insurance company was absolutely concerned with making the car perfect! I may have lost a buck or two in value, but it's hardly worth worrying about day to day.
Eric, so which hood is that and where'd you get it? I like that.

Sorry for side question narph.
Old 2/15/14, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

The estimate came in, and is just short of $1k, including the complete replacement of the fender. I will contact the body shop first thing Monday; hoping I can get this fixed by my Birthday.
Old 2/15/14, 04:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Eric, so which hood is that and where'd you get it? I like that.

Sorry for side question narph.
cervini's Cobra R hood. I heard from some people that it was a really tall cowl and that people were having a hard time seeing over it. I was some concerned as I am just a hair short of 5'8" (so height is not my friend) but no problems. Quality was outstanding delivery was fast. Body shop gave many compliments about the quality of the piece.
Old 2/15/14, 04:47 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
cervini's Cobra R hood. I heard from some people that it was a really tall cowl and that people were having a hard time seeing over it. I was some concerned as I am just a hair short of 5'8" (so height is not my friend) but no problems. Quality was outstanding delivery was fast. Body shop gave many compliments about the quality of the piece.
Very nice man. I might consider switching my stock one for that some time in the future. I love the 10-12 stock hoods, unlike the 13-14s. That cobra r hood is like the stock hood in steroids lol
Old 2/17/14, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Some of you guys might know, I'm not sure, but I need to get a rental car setup for when my car goes in the shop, but there is one problem, I'm 19 years old. Does anyone know how to go about this, because from what I heard, you can't rent at that age. I tried to call enterprise this morning, but was on hold for 20 minutes of the same looped sound track before I hung up.

Thanks.
Old 2/17/14, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by narphenal
Some of you guys might know, I'm not sure, but I need to get a rental car setup for when my car goes in the shop, but there is one problem, I'm 19 years old. Does anyone know how to go about this, because from what I heard, you can't rent at that age. I tried to call enterprise this morning, but was on hold for 20 minutes of the same looped sound track before I hung up. Thanks.
You're insurance should be taking care of this. What have they said? Every accident I've been in they always took care of my rental for the duration of the repairs. They set everything up and I just showed up to pick up the rental.
Old 2/17/14, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
You're insurance should be taking care of this. What have they said? Every accident I've been in they always took care of my rental for the duration of the repairs. They set everything up and I just showed up to pick up the rental.
The note from the insurance company(his insurance) reads as renting the car, then seeking reimbursement from them.
Old 2/17/14, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by narphenal
The note from the insurance company(his insurance) reads as renting the car, then seeking reimbursement from them.
Contact your insurance company. They or the other company should set up the rental for you. For my accident, my company, Allstate, set the entire rental up for me even though the other company is going to pay for it. Also, check your policy to see if you have rental coverage. I have a $30 per day for 30 days on mine. Enterprise should just need the claim number to get you squared away. Good luck. The wait to get my car back is killing me.
Old 2/17/14, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
Contact your insurance company. They or the other company should set up the rental for you. For my accident, my company, Allstate, set the entire rental up for me even though the other company is going to pay for it. Also, check your policy to see if you have rental coverage. I have a $30 per day for 30 days on mine. Enterprise should just need the claim number to get you squared away. Good luck. The wait to get my car back is killing me.
Sweet. Waiting to here from the Sewell Collision Center on getting an appointment setup. Talked around and heard good things about their work. They book based on estimated repair time, and when I talked to them last week, they are only 1-2 weeks out depending.

Other than getting the odometer reading wrong on the appraisal(31,386, opposed to 3,138.6), and putting that I had cloth seats instead of leather, everything seems to be alright. Sent a message to the adjuster addressing a few of my concerns, one of them being in regards to the diminished value on the vehicle, and waiting to hear back.
Old 2/17/14, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It really would be less of a hassle for you if the insurance company and Enterprise deal directly with each other instead of using you as a middle man. That's how it should be. You shouldn't be bothered with chasing the insurance company for reimbursement. That's why we pay them! lol

I wish my estimate was that low. I'm sure your car will be good as new in no time.
Old 2/17/14, 10:04 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
ouch. Glad he didn't back up completely over your hood! I HATE parking lots and try like hell to avoid any opportunities for **** like that to happen. of course it's impossible to avoid all possibilities. Looking forward to seein her completely back to perfect. Where did you order the MGW from?
Old 2/17/14, 10:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interested in seeing if your insurance company can get you a rental. As you already mentioned, most, if not all of the car rental places will not rent an automobile to anyone under 20. Hertz advertizes they will rent to a 20 year old (on their site), but the insurance charges are higher. I'd think the person who hit you insurance would have to cover that.

Budget's web site states they will rent to 18 year olds and up, but a "small surcharge" is required. They also posted this on their site:

Insurance Replacement Renters
At corporate-operated locations, a customer involved in an Insurance Replacement from one of the following companies may rent at the minimum age of 18: Allstate, American Family, Bristol-Myers Squibb, CCRG Claims, Progressive, State Farm, Travelers.

Last edited by Bucko; 2/17/14 at 10:31 AM.
Old 2/17/14, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
It really would be less of a hassle for you if the insurance company and Enterprise deal directly with each other instead of using you as a middle man. That's how it should be. You shouldn't be bothered with chasing the insurance company for reimbursement. That's why we pay them! lol I wish my estimate was that low. I'm sure your car will be good as new in no time.
hoping by my birthday March 1st, although I know that isn't going to happen.
Old 2/17/14, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
ouch. Glad he didn't back up completely over your hood! I HATE parking lots and try like hell to avoid any opportunities for **** like that to happen. of course it's impossible to avoid all possibilities. Looking forward to seein her completely back to perfect. Where did you order the MGW from?
MGW direct
Old 2/17/14, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
Interested in seeing if your insurance company can get you a rental. As you already mentioned, most, if not all of the car rental places will not rent an automobile to anyone under 20. Hertz advertizes they will rent to a 20 year old (on their site), but the insurance charges are higher. I'd think the person who hit you insurance would have to cover that. Budget's web site states they will rent to 18 year olds and up, but a "small surcharge" is required. They also posted this on their site: Insurance Replacement Renters At corporate-operated locations, a customer involved in an Insurance Replacement from one of the following companies may rent at the minimum age of 18: Allstate, American Family, Bristol-Myers Squibb, CCRG Claims, Progressive, State Farm, Travelers.
I might just have my dad pickup the rental car, and just have me drive it. Luckily we share the same name.
Old 2/17/14, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I feel your pain. 4 yrs ago, a kid in a truck in a high school parking lot backed into me when I was stopped in the aisle to pick up my daughter. There were kids crossing so I had to stop anyway. He backed in the rear bumper. Crumpled it and damage the trunk latch. This was my 07 V6 convertible. His insurance paid for it and you could not tell that the bumper had to be replaced, but it is not the same feeling. I am nor paranoid in parking lots, park away from others when I can. My husband got mad at me this weekend when we went to a school function for our daughter. I chose to park in the front parking area with nice wide spots and no one behind me which meant a slight little walk. He wanted me to park in the crowed lot behind a bus because it was closer to the gym. The back end of the bus was in the next parking spot on the drivers side.
Old 2/17/14, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Mama
Sorry to hear about that. I feel your pain. 4 yrs ago, a kid in a truck in a high school parking lot backed into me when I was stopped in the aisle to pick up my daughter. There were kids crossing so I had to stop anyway. He backed in the rear bumper. Crumpled it and damage the trunk latch. This was my 07 V6 convertible. His insurance paid for it and you could not tell that the bumper had to be replaced, but it is not the same feeling. I am nor paranoid in parking lots, park away from others when I can. My husband got mad at me this weekend when we went to a school function for our daughter. I chose to park in the front parking area with nice wide spots and no one behind me which meant a slight little walk. He wanted me to park in the crowed lot behind a bus because it was closer to the gym. The back end of the bus was in the next parking spot on the drivers side.
Glad to hear everything worked out for you; I'm feeling very optimistic now. Got an appointment with the body shop for the 25th!

Ironically, I've always been the person that parked far away from everyone else, I just happened to drive by the busy parking!

Quick Reply: narph's 2014 GT Track Package Carnage *not for the faint of heart*