Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My ideal 2011 Ford Mustang -- let's see what yours is, too!

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/10, 10:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ideal 2011 Ford Mustang -- let's see what yours is, too!

Here's my ideal 2011 Ford Mustang GT, when I get it. Give me opinions, please -- but constructive criticism only. Don't be a jerk, because I wouldn't be one to you! And, tell me what your ideal 2010/2011 Ford Mustang is, options and all! I'd love to hear your ideas and dreams, and return the favor of feedback!

(I'm assuming I'm going to choose a Race Red 2011 Ford Mustang GT.)

Factory Options

401A Rapid Spec Premium Trim package
Six-Speed Automatic Transmission
Security Package
HID Headlights
Spoiler Delete
19 Inch Wheels
Shaker 1000

That's it for my factory options. I'm keeping it fairly simple, but here's where I start changing it up. Here are my planned visual changes. Despite the fact I want to use the GT500 front fascia, I absolutely refuse to disrespect GT500 owners by putting Shelby or Cobra badges on my car. I love these cars too much to do something so rude and inconsiderate.

Cosmetic Modifications

GT500 Front Fascia, with GT "Power-dome" hood modified to fit.
Roush rear fascia, with an LED license plate light.
Rocker panel "M U S T A N G" stripes in matte black.
GT500 19 x 9.5 wheels wrapped in Pirelli high-performance tires (or possibly Michelin, after eci recommended them). Preferably, I want to powder-coat the GT500 wheels black.
Tri-Bar Running Pony fender emblems done in black chrome, like the grille horse of the 2010 GT.
CDC deck-lid panel.
Dark window tint, as much as legal in the state of Texas.
Over-the-top wide stripe, also done in matte black to match the rocker stripes.
If they still offer it with the new 5.0 engine, I'd like to mount a Shaker on top of it, give it a bit of old-school styling.

And lastly, here are the performance modifications I think I want. This is a pretty bare bones line-up, since my 5.0 will be a garage queen.

Performance Modifications

Ford Racing FR3 Handling Package, if offered. I want to upgrade the full suspension with a package, like could be done on the 2005/2009 Mustangs.
Upgraded brakes. Slotted, cryo-treated rotors with high-performance brake pads.
Roush exhaust. Probably full, but I'm not sure if I'll get headers as well.
3.73 Ford Racing gears, professionally installed/tuned so as not to void my warranty!
Of course, I'll want the obligatory 93-octane custom tune, just to have her running at her sharpest.

So, there you have it. That's my ideal 2011 Ford Mustang; what do y'all think? Here's another question for somebody who's more tech-savvy than I -- would it be worth it to go with full exhaust, and get headers from Roush as well? I've got O.C.D. bad, so I'd want my exhaust system to be consistent. Thanks for input -- now let's see what you guys are dreaming of!

-Kevin

Last edited by The Blue Bomber; 1/8/10 at 11:12 PM.
Old 1/8/10, 11:09 PM
Cobra Member

hmm if it were me and i were old enough to buy it, heres what mine would be.

Factory Options

Kona Blue, Black, or Sterling Grey

6-speed manual
19 inch wheels (maybe upgrade to GT500 wheels)
Track Pack (questionable)
Spoiler Delete
3.73s
Security Package

Cosmetic Modifications

Roush front end (maybe)
After market grill that gets rid of the GT fogs but it still black. (if i'd go with the Roush treatment)
GT500 rear splitter (questionable)
Paint the 'diaper' (maybe)
Tint the tail lights
Black chrome the 5.0 bades (maybe)

Performance Modifications

Tune (questionable)
Shocks/Struts/Springs (unless its the Track Pack)
CAI (unless the stock one is perfect)
Stainless works exhaust (maybe...love how they sound on a GT500)
Some sort of sticky tire lol (again unless its the Track Pack)
I would say bigger throttle body but we dont know what the aftermarket has to bring for the 5.0 yet.

Last edited by Red Jay; 1/8/10 at 11:15 PM.
Old 1/8/10, 11:17 PM
V6 Member

That sounds like it'd be a pretty slick 5.0 Mustang. What color would you want? The Roush grille and front end is really kick-***. I didn't care too much for the '05-'09 Roush front fascia, but they really nailed it with the new one. That's why I want their rear fascia as well, they've really outdone themselves for the second muscle car war.

I wish they could make the Track Pack available for automatic transmissions, but I suppose I can possibly find better parts to use in place of it.

As far as the stock CAI goes, I've heard from a lot of the posters on here that you can't gain much more by replacing it, but that you can gain a few more horsepower by dropping in a K&N filter versus the stock one. I might be wrong, though. If I am, somebody please correct me!
Old 1/8/10, 11:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by The Blue Bomber
That sounds like it'd be a pretty slick 5.0 Mustang. What color would you want? The Roush grille and front end is really kick-***. I didn't care too much for the '05-'09 Roush front fascia, but they really nailed it with the new one. That's why I want their rear fascia as well, they've really outdone themselves for the second muscle car war.

I wish they could make the Track Pack available for automatic transmissions, but I suppose I can possibly find better parts to use in place of it.

As far as the stock CAI goes, I've heard from a lot of the posters on here that you can't gain much more by replacing it, but that you can gain a few more horsepower by dropping in a K&N filter versus the stock one. I might be wrong, though. If I am, somebody please correct me!
yeah i remember a rumor about ford challenging the aftermarket to come up with a better air intake system than stock. so im not sure on that, but id take some sort of dark color and i think id take Sterling Grey.
Old 1/8/10, 11:27 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Jay
yeah i remember a rumor about ford challenging the aftermarket to come up with a better air intake system than stock. so im not sure on that, but id take some sort of dark color and i think id take Sterling Grey.
There are better, the problem is none of the air is needed.
Old 1/8/10, 11:30 PM
V6 Member

I'd heard something similar to that, eci. I think Ford actually did a pretty good job with the air intake it's got, which again makes me happy that there's competition again.
Old 1/9/10, 12:18 AM
Cobra R Member

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=479172

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=479468
Old 1/9/10, 12:24 AM
V6 Member

Sorry, I didn't think to look for those.

If a mod can merge this thread with another, I'd be thankful. I didn't mean to start an umpteenth thread on that subject.
Old 1/9/10, 12:30 AM
Cobra R Member

No worries man. Just letting you know there's a few there.
Old 1/9/10, 12:53 AM
V6 Member

I will check next time. Thank you for being cool about it (no sarcasm, I mean it) -- I know on other forums, some people would've been typing in caps, yelling at me for it.