My GT is scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/10, 07:57 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Date

Originally Posted by IT_Guru
Did they give you a scheduled date yet?
Nope I haven't got one yet...I have the vinn expect for the last 6 or so...it look like June for me...which is really fine, I'm driving it to Montana in August to see what it can do...so as long as it gets here before that...I'm all good hang in there!
Old 3/4/10, 04:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Karpro
All in all you are better getting your car 3 weeks later and perfect than 3 weeks earlier with a missed issue. Let Ford do their job and build you the best car on the road and build it properly. You'll get plenty of driving in once it gets here. Be patient it'll get here.
Paul thanks for the update. You are right what is a couple more wks to have a perfect car its worth the wait.
Old 3/4/10, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Paul thanks for the update. You are right what is a couple more wks to have a perfect car its worth the wait.
Yeah you guys are right, it's just so hard to wait for such a Bad A** car as this! My wife's already tired of hearing me talk about for the last month.
Old 3/4/10, 08:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah you guys are right, it's just so hard to wait for such a Bad A** car as this! My wife's already tired of hearing me talk about for the last month.
I can relate. My wife hasn't complained but I'm sure she's getting tired of being told about the latest bit of minutia. She doesn't even roll her eyes when I excitedly tell her that the 2011 GT is going to have upsized front brake rotors or has a compression ratio of 11:1.
Old 3/4/10, 08:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

That was my fear when I found out they cancelled my original Retail order and changed it to a stock order. I am rapidly losing faith in this dealer. They were always great in the past but now..

I wonder if I have any legal right to cancel my order with them and get my deposit back. Seeing as though they cancelled my Retail order and changed it to a stock order. I have no idea what they were thinking.
You can get your money back. BELIEVE ME!! That unit is technically a "Stock" unit and doesn't have your name on it like a "retail" order will be. And if they balk at giving your money back, because they have a car coming in for you, they will have NO PROBLEMS AT ALL selling that car you had ordered. Good luck.
Old 3/4/10, 11:58 PM

Hey Jeff, I was wondering if the rep had any interesting information for you?
Old 3/5/10, 12:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by DoctorCsClub
Hey Jeff, I was wondering if the rep had any interesting information for you?
Hey Christen, nothing I didn't expect. Ford is still not scheduling ANY retail V6 or GT orders nationally. They are still only scheduling stock units right now, for quality control. Sure, a retail could be turned into a stock unit, but that won't ensure a car getting here any quicker. That car could end up against a fence while the other cars behind it are moved first. So basically right now, its just a patient waiting game. Several extra weeks for 100% assurance that the cars are perfect is worth it.

A good example of this is the Camaro launch. I'll NEVER get the image of that Yellow SS Camaro that died due to the battery short. The car was only a few days old. If GM had produced a bunch of stock units first and did a thorough quality inspection, alot of the Camaro issues may not have happened.