Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

It must be spring..

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/14, 11:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It must be spring..

Yeah, it's that season again. After proving the fact that I'm not car-nuts, I went an entire 12 months without modding my Mustang at all.

Then I started up this week. It's modding season.

Yesterday I installed my Roush front splitter, after lusting for over a year.

I have ordered, but on back order my MMD Wind Deflector, after lusting for over a year.

I have waiting to go on the car: Roush side and rear splitters, after lusting for over a year.

I have ordered, but not yet delivered: Silver Horse Racing Satin fuel door, after lusting for over a year.

Future/upcoming mods/work:

Finally get drivers side fender mended/replaced from some a-hole that creased it.
Reinstall side white side stripes (better quality vinyl)
Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna

Work towards the goal of getting my stripes painted on the car. If that can become a reality, then I'll also be saving for a Super Snake/Black Mamba hood.

Lastly, I need to settle on a decision of what wheels I will install on the car. I'm putting that on the back burner, since my stripes are in really bad shape now from all the driving, and my previous 20's lasted one year before getting all bent up.

Option one is 19" Stance SC-5ive 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 (i haven't yet been able to find tires that would work and all be the same brand)
Option two is 20" Stance SC-5ive 20x9 and 20x10.5 all with Nitto Invos
Option three (for the bridging of Roush and Shelby-ish cues) would be the standard 20" Roush wheels, and I'd probably run Nitto Invos on those too.

Once this stuff is done, I'd be satisfied for a while at least, until the car gets to be blown

but I'm thinking finding a solution for the stripes might be a sooner than later thing. Look how bad they look after 31k and 19 months of ownership. I really need to stop parking in the city. That alone would have probably saved it the majority of the damage that's on those stripes. But it also seems that the stripes are kinda inferior quality to look that beat up already.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/24/14 at 12:10 AM.
Old 3/24/14, 02:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
After proving the fact that I'm not car-nuts, I went an entire 12 months...
That's funny! LustinG, lustiNG, lustING, LUSTING, then POP: splittersdeflectorsplitterfueldoor puff, puff, puff.

We'll have to start calling you TheDivaDenial.

Now when you catch your breath, clean yourself up and put on a decent set of stripes! Geez!
Old 3/24/14, 06:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow! You jumped back in with both feet!
Nice show of restraint for a while though.

You've definitely got one of the coolest convertibles I have seen.... keep us posted.
Old 3/24/14, 06:23 AM
Banned

I should mention that my income increased significantly this year, and my overall bills decreased too. So that's a major factor too.
Old 3/24/14, 06:38 AM
Bullitt Member

You should buy my Velgens :P And Ill meet half way
Old 3/24/14, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
20's are doable again... you'll just need some thicker tires this time. lol

Looks good though! The Roush splitter looks perfect on there!
Old 3/24/14, 06:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by the5
You should buy my Velgens :P And Ill meet half way
halfway on price and the deal is done

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/24/14 at 08:38 AM.
Old 3/24/14, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor

TheDivaDanielle,

I see you're looking for tires with the 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 wheels. You could keep the Nitto Invo idea and use the 255/40/19's and 285/35/19's. There's only a 0.7% difference in tire height between the two. So you should be okay as far as setting the ABS light or even looks from afar. Just an option I wanted to point out!

Good to see you're doing well and you've started treatment. Keep hanging in there!

Shane
Old 3/24/14, 08:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
TheDivaDanielle,

I see you're looking for tires with the 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 wheels. You could keep the Nitto Invo idea and use the 255/40/19's and 285/35/19's. There's only a 0.7% difference in tire height between the two. So you should be okay as far as setting the ABS light or even looks from afar. Just an option I wanted to point out!

Good to see you're doing well and you've started treatment. Keep hanging in there!

Shane
yeah, I've thought of that one, and it's what the boss did, but I've always really disliked that the rear tires were shorter than the fronts.
Old 3/24/14, 10:15 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I think you will like the INVOS. Good grip, profile and bang for buck. Are your stripes from a kit? Your baby will look great with the side splitters
Old 3/24/14, 10:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I think you will like the INVOS. Good grip, profile and bang for buck. Are your stripes from a kit? Your baby will look great with the side splitters
dealership installed them/had local install do them w/ the purchase of the car.
Old 3/24/14, 01:14 PM
V6 Member

I could not imagine driving around metro DC on 20's. Especially after this winter, the roads are just shot all to hell. 20's are going to be a disposable wear item with the potholes we have around here.

I've seen your car around the area, so I'm guessing you experience a lot of the same roads I do regularly, and know what I'm talking about.
Old 3/24/14, 01:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SennaF1
I could not imagine driving around metro DC on 20's. Especially after this winter, the roads are just shot all to hell. 20's are going to be a disposable wear item with the potholes we have around here.

I've seen your car around the area, so I'm guessing you experience a lot of the same roads I do regularly, and know what I'm talking about.
yeah, exactly why I keep leaning back towards 19's @ stock sizes or 20's @ taller than stock sizes. No rush though.
Old 3/24/14, 02:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
12 months is long wait... how did u keep ur patience this long n be an active member here.. every day i open up this forum i end up going n looking up and buying something...
Old 3/24/14, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CiniZter
12 months is long wait... how did u keep ur patience this long n be an active member here.. every day i open up this forum i end up going n looking up and buying something...
i kinda thought I was done. Or at least within the confines of my budget, I didn't want to spend any money on the car. I did however build a new computer from scratch including two 27" 1440p monitors, new video card, etc. I also bought two new guitars as well as upgrades (pickups)

I also got married, so I had other goals. :-)
Old 3/24/14, 02:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
You should upgrade to a 2015 vert. The 15 vert is a real looker.
Old 3/24/14, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheReaper
You should upgrade to a 2015 vert. The 15 vert is a real looker.
taking turns with new cars. not my turn. :-)
Old 3/24/14, 04:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
[QUOTE=TheDivaDanielle;6777503I also bought two new guitars as well as upgrades (pickups)[/QUOTE]
What guitars and what pickups did you go with?
I used to play, but haven't in a long time.
Old 3/24/14, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stage_3
What guitars and what pickups did you go with?
I used to play, but haven't in a long time.
two build/upgraders. Looked for the best bodies/hardware for the money and upgraded from there. SX Leo Strat with GFS '57 Vintage pickups. Douglas TL-100 Tele with '52 Vintage pickups. I'm a lefty so colors are limited. Strat is tri color sunburst and tele is brown sunburst w/ a burled ash top.

Body on the guitars are single piece. You don't even get that until you have a high end fender anymore.

My $200 invested telecaster sounds and plays better and has droves more genuine telecaster twang than even a Fender American Standard.

Fender and Gibson for example are waaay overpriced for what you get.

If you know where to look and such you can find so much better guitars or equivalent for way less.

www.rondomusic.com

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/24/14 at 04:27 PM.