Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mod Bug

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/12, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod Bug

How bad has it bitten you. Seems like it never stops biting everytime i say im happy with my car i decide to spend more money. I know i haven't spent nearly as much as some people but since i've gotten the car in January im approaching almost 5 Grand and haven't even touched the suspension or did any major modifications to Exhaust or engine,Unless you count the 700 bucks i just spent on FRPP sports as major mods to the exhaust. Any how just interested to see an average guys are spending making their cars truly theirs,Some of you are probably happy with it the way you bought it. I have only one regret and that is i didn't wanna wait for my local dealer to find me a premium so i bought the base model on the lot, but i got a good deal on it so i guess i cant complain in that aspect.
Old 8/18/12, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm $13k in mods into the car, and it's not even five months old yet. And it's only a V6...
Old 8/18/12, 02:58 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Just remember guys, if you are planning on selling it, not many people will pay extra for mods. Wether it's stock or modded, the value usually stays the same. As long as you realize this, have fun building them up. Most people that I know with the mod bug usually get bored after a while and swap to the next project and start all over again. This is the first car I've bought already mostly modded. It's an unbelievable car but I'm starting to get that itch to sell and build another one already.
Old 8/18/12, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Just remember guys, if you are planning on selling it, not many people will pay extra for mods. Wether it's stock or modded, the value usually stays the same. As long as you realize this, have fun building them up. Most people that I know with the mod bug usually get bored after a while and swap to the next project and start all over again. This is the first car I've bought already mostly modded. It's an unbelievable car but I'm starting to get that itch to sell and build another one already.
Funny you say that the FRPP Sports are my third set of mufflers and i hope its the last.
Old 8/18/12, 04:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the first car that I love as is except..........for a couple small things. I made a deal with the wife to not spend money nodding for a year. Piece of cake I said.....ha ha.
Old 8/18/12, 05:32 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
im about 8-9k deep in mods/paint, but i plan to keep this baby and mate her with a 5.0 & 6mt eventually
Old 8/18/12, 10:29 PM
GT Member

If you are on the fence on modding (like I was) do not take your car to the track. Went to my first drag strip this friday. I was perfectly fine with it bone stock but now making arrangements for future performance parts.
Old 8/18/12, 11:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
And it's only a V6...
No need for this. You don't have to qualify your car for it to be worth modding. Your V6 is just as moddable as my Shelby. Actually it's more so, because you can actually touch/work on/drive your car. Hard to do that with a car that's not in your possession yet. Though to my dealer's credit, he gave me a bump in what he is paying for my trade-in since delivery has taken so long.
Old 8/19/12, 05:33 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm $13k in mods into the car, and it's not even five months old yet. And it's only a V6...

Wow id like to see some pics,and like the previous poster said no matter if V6 or 8 money is money
Old 8/19/12, 07:47 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm 2500 in. I'm putting roush splitters on this week. My last mods are exhaust and leather steering wheel. Seriously, I'm done after that. No more mods for me. Too much money and seems to be robbing me of family and sometimes work time.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 8/19/12 at 07:48 AM.
Old 8/19/12, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Burke985
Wow id like to see some pics,and like the previous poster said no matter if V6 or 8 money is money
There's a link to the associated web page in my sig. Most folks think because it's a V6, it's not worthy of mods, but IMHO, it's even more moddable than a GT, especially if you start with a Base car, like mine is. Someone else mentioned their Shelby. If I'd bought one, modding it would have been almost out of the question. I've created my inner mustang, and I'm totally happy with it.

Regarding resale value, the guy that mentioned it is right - if you're talking about a dealer. If you're talking about people looking for a car, that's a whole different can of worms, and mods will get you more money if sold to a private party.
Old 8/19/12, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

There's a link to the associated web page in my sig. Most folks think because it's a V6, it's not worthy of mods, but IMHO, it's even more moddable than a GT, especially if you start with a Base car, like mine is. Someone else mentioned their Shelby. If I'd bought one, modding it would have been almost out of the question. I've created my inner mustang, and I'm totally happy with it.

Regarding resale value, the guy that mentioned it is right - if you're talking about a dealer. If you're talking about people looking for a car, that's a whole different can of worms, and mods will get you more money if sold to a private party.

Yeah i hear ya ,well i bought a Base GT so i have alot of things that need to be upgraded (interior wise especially). I just bought a set of the FRPP Sports and hopefully between them and the flowmaster Hushpower Axel backs ill find the tone im looking for. The rousch were just a tad too loud for me and im getting rid of them cheap to anyone wanting to try them out. Im probably gonna do my seats next and buy the Leather takeoffs off the Rousch E-Bay store i really want leather i thought i could live without it when i bought the car but i cant

Last edited by Burke985; 8/19/12 at 08:53 AM.
Old 8/19/12, 09:29 AM

Search lcfordparts on eBay. I bought my take off leather for 297 shipped.
Attached Thumbnails Mod Bug-image-988035667.jpg   Mod Bug-image-3378989747.jpg  
Old 8/19/12, 09:37 AM
Bullitt Member

The mod bug hits fast and hard...but I have not spend too much, maybe 1K so far...had the car 7 weeks LOL
Old 8/19/12, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I guess no one ever 'plans' to sell their car. Especially something like a Mustang.

Just put in my order for RTR Wheels the other day after swearing up and down I'm 'done with new rims'. Yeah.

You know what they always say about absolutes?
Old 8/19/12, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
That leather looks incredible. If I had a deluxe model that would be the first thing I'd do (After swearing I wouldn't mod the car, of course).
Old 8/19/12, 10:07 AM

Thanks! The car is just a base v6 but the leather really gives the car a more expensive feel. I was going to live with cloth seats but for the price, you just can't beat it.

Roush take offs has the set for 397. Roush and lcfordparts (lance Cunningham ford) are the least expensive around. The leather from the dealership would cost 3 times that and you'd pay even more during the life of the loan if you got it as an option.

This is why the mod bug bites so hard. It's not only how a mod changes the look of our car, but throw in a good price and we are all hooked!
Old 8/19/12, 10:43 AM
Banned

2k into my car, and it's not even in my driveway yet.
Old 8/19/12, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
That looks good ill check it out thanks
Old 8/20/12, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Another strong consideration is insurance coverage. If I had the amount of money some have stated they do on their car, I'd be calling my insurance agent and making sure my policy has been updated. Most modifications that are done to a vehicle are not covered unless you add them to the policy, and that means an additional rate hike. Don't take my word for it; call your agent and verify the parts you just added, or the body mods you just had done are covered in the event of an accident.

Quick Reply: Mod Bug