2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Minor rant/venting...

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/14, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a big reason in my opinion is also because it has a **** load of power to begin with.

my old Grand Prix GTP had all the "rice" addons. Ram Air hood, big spoiler, tint, lowered, rims, "mesh" grilles and the like.

it also had a tiny pulley on the supercharger, headers, full 3" exhaust from the downpipe back custom tuning, gears, shift kit, race built transmission, and so much more. Before I sold it, on the list was a blower swap, throttle body, and an intercooler.

I wouldn't have considered it rice, as it outran my GTO (when it was stock) and certainly would have hung with my Mustang (stock) pretty darn well too as it was when I sold it.
Old 4/20/14, 12:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I may be generalizing but notice how the whole rice movement seems to have faded into the oblivion?

All the S2000s, Lancers, Eclipses, are resting peacefully in scrap yards.

All the Fast and Furious wannabes are busying keeping up with middle age, paying loans, raising families, and dodging Obama.

V-Tech never added hp for paying the government taxes and folks who don't want to work!

Blasphemy!

Lol The muscle car era reigns again!
Old 4/20/14, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I may be generalizing but notice how the whole rice movement seems to have faded into the oblivion?

All the S2000s, Lancers, Eclipses, are resting peacefully in scrap yards.

All the Fast and Furious wannabes are busying keeping up with middle age, paying loans, raising families, and dodging Obama.

V-Tech never added hp for paying the government taxes and folks who don't want to work!

Blasphemy!

Lol The muscle car era reigns again!
we've also reached a point in horsepower where we are a bit unattainable for the ricers. what I mean is.... i saw a very riced out Honda Civic the other day, and I threw a few hard revs at him, and he didn't even respond in the least. I think they just know better nowadays because the power levels are that much higher.
Old 4/20/14, 01:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
we've also reached a point in horsepower where we are a bit unattainable for the ricers. what I mean is.... i saw a very riced out Honda Civic the other day, and I threw a few hard revs at him, and he didn't even respond in the least. I think they just know better nowadays because the power levels are that much higher.
Or he didn't care about the person next to them revving their engine and acting like...a ricer.
Old 4/20/14, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Or he didn't care about the person next to them revving their engine and acting like...a ricer.
LOL yeah, pretty immature behaviour. Especially toward a Honda civic
Old 4/20/14, 01:19 PM
Banned

how is that an act of acting like a ricer? For years where I come from that's always been like a sign of respect. just like motorcyclists have that hand wave.
Old 4/20/14, 01:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Around here its just a sign of douchebaggery and immaturity. It's only done generally with classic cars, and only so you can hear it rev it's engine. Otherwise you just look like a loser trying to race everyone (especially doing it to some Honda) .
Old 4/20/14, 01:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
I think it's more about respect for the car in general. Can you rice a Mustang, sure. I seen some owned by our friends from south of the border that have done a dayum good job of making that slightly used '95 look terrible. But, not many of us will do that with any model. When you look at "stick-ons" for a Mustang they usually enhance the looks of the car if done correctly. And, of course not one of us want our cars to sound like a "box of mad hornets" when we're on the gas. Now that's ricey to me.
Old 4/20/14, 01:39 PM
Banned

well i did grow up around pretty much only classic cars until i was old enough to drive.
Old 4/20/14, 02:13 PM
GT Member

Rice is a cheap visually modded car that has no ***** to back it up. Look at this Lugan's front chin spoiler. I gotta admit, AM might want to consider this.
Attached Images  
Old 4/20/14, 02:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Hit the nail on the head with that one. Rice has evolved from tacky add ons to behavior. The ones speaking out their butt about their cars when they have no idea what they're talking about. YouTube "ricers talking" and you'll see what I mean. I stopped going to car meets because of this type of behavior. Revving engines at a stop light is my number one "you're an idiot" type of behavior.

Here are two examples of RICER behavior. They have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

Last edited by Thamac15; 4/20/14 at 02:38 PM.
Old 4/20/14, 02:51 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
There are a few older Mustangs in my town so riced out i thought they were Eclipses or some kind of Hondas. You know, clear tail light lens, ground effects and rear spoilers the size of picnic tables. Sad to see.....

Last edited by David Young; 4/20/14 at 02:54 PM.
Old 4/20/14, 02:59 PM
GT Member

The scoops, stripes, stickers, decals, and some awful wheels do not get a pass in my book. I just refrain from commenting if I have nothing nice to say.

Just like PEMDAS, I think there's an order of operations to follow when modifying these cars. It does not start with the cheapest rim/tire setup you can find and every scoop in the AM catalogue.
Old 4/20/14, 03:31 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Second, the Brembo package is nothing great. I wouldnt even call those real Brembos (even though they are) because they are 4 piston, and the rotor is ever so slightly bigger than the stock GT rotors. You'd fry those things after a few hot laps just like you would the normal GT brakes.
I have to disagree with you there. I have a 2014 TP which I bouth with the intent of tracking the car. Big plus of these cars IS the Brembo brakes. Sure, a few "hot laps" and the PADS will fade. But I think you're missing the point. The pads are chosen to be slightly more grippy then stock, but the main empasis is lack of noise and consistent performace even in sub zero temps.

But...

All you have to do on a Brembo car is swap out the pads. I spent $222 for a set of Carbotech XP10s (which are fade resistant to 1475 degrees) and the car took 8 thirty minute sessions at Gingerman raceway (over 2 days) like a champ. 4 hours of 120 - 40 decel, 11 corners per lap, sub 2 minute lap time. All day. No fade. No hesiation. Earth stopping performance, every time. My braking performance was consistently over 1g with stock tires!

My point is the pads are and always will be the weak link. But the 4 Piston Brembo caliper and the brembo rotors are light years ahead of the stock setup. Not to mention the stiffer springs which make the car handle a LOT better than a stock GT. So from my personal experience, I can assure you these are "real" Brembo brakes. I'm sure others who track their cars will say the same.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 4/20/14 at 03:36 PM.
Old 4/20/14, 03:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jmaStang
The scoops, stripes, stickers, decals, and some awful wheels do not get a pass in my book. I just refrain from commenting if I have nothing nice to say. Just like PEMDAS, I think there's an order of operations to follow when modifying these cars. It does not start with the cheapest rim/tire setup you can find and every scoop in the AM catalogue.
Interesting. I wonder why ford adds those things factory?
Old 4/20/14, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
Hit the nail on the head with that one. Rice has evolved from tacky add ons to behavior. The ones speaking out their butt about their cars when they have no idea what they're talking about. YouTube "ricers talking" and you'll see what I mean. I stopped going to car meets because of this type of behavior. Revving engines at a stop light is my number one "you're an idiot" type of behavior.

Here are two examples of RICER behavior. They have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

OMG!!!!!! Please tell me those videos were gags?!

I don't believe I have ever met anyone that stupid in my life. Where are these people? I obviously don't get out enough. LOL

Those videos were hilarious.

They totally made my day.

Best line in the second video. Where did you run a 10.9 at? Right here. Right here? Yeah It's a quarter mile when you factor it out.

Or maybe the 7 and a half pistons in the first video.

I can't decide which was funnier.
Old 4/20/14, 03:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Interesting. I wonder why ford adds those things factory?
Because people with poor taste will pay more for it. OP made a thread asking why scoops and other aesthetic mods are not considered tacky in the Mustang world. I think they are.
Old 4/20/14, 03:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I have to disagree with you there. I have a 2014 TP which I bouth with the intent of tracking the car. Big plus of these cars IS the Brembo brakes. Sure, a few "hot laps" and the PADS will fade. But I think you're missing the point. The pads are chosen to be slightly more grippy then stock, but the main empasis is lack of noise and consistent performace even in sub zero temps.

But...

All you have to do on a Brembo car is swap out the pads. I spent $222 for a set of Carbotech XP10s (which are fade resistant to 1475 degrees) and the car took 8 thirty minute sessions at Gingerman raceway (over 2 days) like a champ. 4 hours of 120 - 40 decel, 11 corners per lap, sub 2 minute lap time. All day. No fade. No hesiation. Earth stopping performance, every time. My braking performance was consistently over 1g with stock tires!

My point is the pads are and always will be the weak link. But the 4 Piston Brembo caliper and the brembo rotors are light years ahead of the stock setup. Not to mention the stiffer springs which make the car handle a LOT better than a stock GT. So from my personal experience, I can assure you these are "real" Brembo brakes. I'm sure others who track their cars will say the same.
I can respect that, and im glad youre happy with it. Thats basically all that matters.

As for me, ill take that money i didnt spend on the Brembo package and put it towards real suspension upgrades along with a big brake kit. The ford track package is a novice setup which is fun out of the box. Myself, im skipping it because i feel there is no need to spend money on it when i can go straight to more serious components which i want in the first place.
Old 4/20/14, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Here's a Ricer that I respect.
Attached Images  
Old 4/20/14, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
OMG!!!!!! Please tell me those videos were gags?!

I don't believe I have ever met anyone that stupid in my life. Where are these people? I obviously don't get out enough. LOL

Those videos were hilarious.

They totally made my day.

Best line in the second video. Where did you run a 10.9 at? Right here. Right here? Yeah It's a quarter mile when you factor it out.

Or maybe the 7 and a half pistons in the first video.

I can't decide which was funnier.

No they weren't gags,…they are real. There are gags out there, but you can easily tell. These were just 2 examples,…youtube is full of them.

If you really wanna laugh then here you go. This sun fire guy actually is now serving a 30 year sentence for rape.

Last edited by Thamac15; 4/20/14 at 04:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Minor rant/venting...