2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Milans finally mounted and TPMS married

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/14, 01:18 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
as a detailing perfectionist i'm sure you will want to make sure to wipe off any excess tire cleaner/dressing

My tires, as flush as they are will throw any excess material onto the doors and quarters.

What do you use on your tires ?
Old 3/9/14, 01:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wheels look great, car looks great! This may be an off topic question but where did you get those front splash guards? I have the GT500 rear splash guards but hadn't seen the fronts. TIA
Old 3/9/14, 02:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Daaaaayuuuuum, does Marilyn have a sister.
Old 3/9/14, 02:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas S
Wheels look great, car looks great! This may be an off topic question but where did you get those front splash guards? I have the GT500 rear splash guards but hadn't seen the fronts. TIA

Thomas, I bought mine from American Muscle. They are a little pricey, but well worth it to keep the crap off the car. Took approx. five minutes to install.
Old 3/9/14, 05:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by wanted33
Thomas, I bought mine from American Muscle. They are a little pricey, but well worth it to keep the crap off the car. Took approx. five minutes to install.
Cool, thanks! I'm getting some!
Old 3/9/14, 08:04 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
That's great news ! Woke up to warm temps and clearing skies, so i might be detailing the car and truck today myself. Looking forward to more outdoor picks with your niches.
Thanks sir! Yes, more pics for sure, but for now, all the roads are paced with salt and sand. Not a combo for a modded pony.

Originally Posted by MJJ
Burton Good to hear all is well. Just keep any bigger folks out of the back seat and be careful on inclines. Worst case scenario, add some adjustable coilovers and raise the height if needed.
Hey Sean... Thanks buddy. Yeah when they come apart, I'll probably be looking into coilovers. So they're adjustable huh? How much do those cost usually? Then I gotta add installation, and realignment fees

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
I really like the look of those wheels! Very Nice. I really do like the look of a 5 spoke wheel!
Thanks man! Yes, I fell in love with them when I first saw them a year or go.

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I just hope it stays that way for you. Mine felt fine for two weeks. Then I hit a hard bump on the freeway. scraaape. for a while actually, it was the unavoidable ones. Freeway speed kinda stuff. Any time there were more than just one person in the car? scraaape. keep your fingers crossed. Keep in mind, I daily drive mine and have over 30k on it already.
Yeah you daily d her eh? Yep hopefully mine is good. Btw, did you have an adjustable panhard? I played with that a few times today, and I think it's still a smidge off. I will adjust this week sometime.

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
as a detailing perfectionist i'm sure you will want to make sure to wipe off any excess tire cleaner/dressing My tires, as flush as they are will throw any excess material onto the doors and quarters. What do you use on your tires ?
Thank you Darren! Yeah hopefully the mudflaps will do their jobs and prevent that. As for tires, I believe in no sling whatsoever, and an easy product to work with. I use 3 mainly... DP extreme, Poorboys gel 2.0 or >, and zaino z16. All have a a pseudo shine to them, but most importantly they don't sling whatsoever.

Sorry for the delay thomas. How is the airraid? You liking it? It was a good piece for me until I went sc and now needed stock box.

As for the mudflaps, I don't remember where I got it from. I know it's NOT AM for sure. Lol

Originally Posted by wanted33
Daaaaayuuuuum, does Marilyn have a sister.
Old 3/9/14, 08:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a BMR panhard bar, so yeah.

Keep in mind it's not just my DD, but my wifes as well. 1 car, 1 motorcycle. A year ago we had three motorcycles, and even with just one bike, she hardly rides it anymore.
Old 3/10/14, 05:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Sorry for the delay thomas. How is the airraid? You liking it? It was a good piece for me until I went sc and now needed stock box.

As for the mudflaps, I don't remember where I got it from. I know it's NOT AM for sure. Lol
Yeah I love it, thanks again! Waiting until my 3/36 is up to get a tune. It expires this month. Guess I won't worry about the 5/60.

Well I like AM and they have them on sale this month plus the forum discount so I will be getting them soon.
Old 3/10/14, 09:48 AM
I Have No Life

Yeah I love it, thanks again! Waiting until my 3/36 is up to get a tune. It expires this month. Guess I won't worry about the 5/60. Well I like AM and they have them on sale this month plus the forum discount so I will be getting them soon.
Yeah, regardless of where you get them from, they really do their job. On my two test drives yesterday, there were quite a few sections where there was some debris and water which I did not see slung on my Lower doors. You'll have to let me know how the cold air intake works with the tune. I was going to do that next, but as you know I got a supercharger instead and thus I did not need that particular tune.
Old 3/10/14, 09:49 AM
I Have No Life

I'm about to contact my insurance agent to activate Marilyn for good for this season. Today is going to be a fantastic day. :-). I need to use those new meats!!!
Old 3/10/14, 12:54 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Jaegerbrothersauto.com has the best stone guards for a mustang.

Designed by a mustang owner. They look OEM.
Old 3/10/14, 01:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great car, great rims, wide tires. Unfortunately, it's only going to take just one minor pot hole or large bump, and those tires are going to hit the stock wheel well rim. The pictures show it's close, just sitting. Unless you have springs made of kryptonite, or 4 inch bump stops, they are going to eventually bottom out.

I'll cry right along with you if/when that happens. Fingers crossed for you though.

Last edited by Bucko; 3/10/14 at 01:06 PM.
Old 3/10/14, 01:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MJJ
Jaegerbrothersauto.com has the best stone guards for a mustang.

Designed by a mustang owner. They look OEM.
Thanks for the info!
Old 3/10/14, 01:10 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Bucko
Great car, great rims, wide tires. Unfortunately, it's only going to take just one minor pot hole or large bump, and those tires are going to hit the stock wheel well rim. The pictures show it's close, just sitting. Unless you have springs made of kryptonite, or 4 inch bump stops, they are going to eventually bottom out. I'll cry right along with you if/when that happens. Fingers crossed for you though.
Negative on that… Please see previous posts about this issue. Actually it's a nonissue. I've talked extensively with experts from steeda, and other vendors with this exact same set up. They are running the same set up on many many many cars with no issues. In fact they're GUARANTEED not to bottom out or rub at all. If it does my entire set up will be replaced.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/10/14 at 01:12 PM.
Old 3/10/14, 01:35 PM
Banned

/waits for it to rub #yolo
Old 3/10/14, 01:48 PM
I Have No Life

/waits for it to rub #yolo
Keep waiting
Old 3/10/14, 02:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Today's Hotest thread!!!!!
Old 3/10/14, 02:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Milans finally mounted and TPMS married-dsc_0010.jpg

Milans finally mounted and TPMS married-dsc_0015.jpg

not sure if you all have seen this setup.. Sublime.
Old 3/10/14, 02:20 PM
Banned

holy crap those side splitters are seriously wavy.
Old 3/10/14, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
holy crap those side splitters are seriously wavy.
Either too many beers during install or too many beers while looking at that picture but either way I agree!

That car is serioulsy lowered as well. Looks cool but it has to ride like a buckboard, huh?

John

Quick Reply: Milans finally mounted and TPMS married