Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Milans finally mounted and TPMS married

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/14, 02:44 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Milans finally mounted and TPMS married

Since the forecast is now creeping into the 40's, I got up early this morning to get this task done. I don't care if I can't drive her on the road yet. This has been the worst winter I can remember. COME ON SPRING!!!

I got Marilyn's new shoes mounted. It was a breeze. I only ran into 2 issues: the rear 305's I had to deflate and inflate 2x, since the first time the TPMS did not "wake up". The other issue was self-inflicted (duhhh!!!)… I mounted the directional Nitto's on the opposite side of the car (right should have been left and vice versa). So I had to jack her up and transpose and re-marry.

I removed the valve core's via my handy 3 dollar tool from the auto store. Only took a minute or 2 to fully empty. I had to then wait 15 minutes before inflating to let the TPMS sensor reset. After inflating, the TPMS re-marrying procedure was actually a synch. I worried too much about nothing. It recognized the new sensors right away. I have a video below of the TPMS training mode and marrying process, for those thinking about doing it themselves.

Also, I remembered to remove the factory retaining clips, to allow for the new wheels to sit flush against the hub face. I also used the hub centric rings I ordered to ensure the wheel was centered before tightening the lug nuts.

Here's some pics of the install and the final product, along with a walk-around video to show the wheels, and my new VLED Triton Amber Switchbacks I installed a month ago. I love my new Milans… amazing what wheels do to the look of a car. Sadly, I can't drive her yet, since the roads are still crap. Perhaps in a couple… Enjoy the pics and vids. Pardon the dirty dusty car. She's been sitting in the garage for 4 months. Also, the very last pic, I took to show how wide these babies are, viewed from the rear. I've never had 305 wide tires before. I'm looking forward to burning some rubber

p.s. I'm hoping Gabe and Danielle decide to get another brand wheel so that I'll be one of the few with this setup hehe

Question for you experts out there: Do I need to do an alignment because of the new wheels/tires? I would think not, since it's been aligned perfectly before this, and I'm not changing the ride height (i.e. springs, etc). My rear tire widths are the only thing's different (305 vs 255 stock).

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/8/14 at 02:54 PM.
Old 3/8/14, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Nice!
Old 3/8/14, 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Excellent!
Old 3/8/14, 05:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
That looks really nice!
Old 3/8/14, 06:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
Burton my man! That looks insanely AWESOME!! I think they looked way better than what I had imagined. Awesome.
I would assume you need to get a 4 wheel alignment, even though the wheels/tired have been balanced properly.
Old 3/8/14, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! Looks great
Old 3/8/14, 08:30 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Very nice
Old 3/8/14, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wheels look great man. The red on the Brembo calipers really pops on a 5 spoke wheel.

Also, it is most likely just the sun/shadows, but the rear looks the slightest bit off. Do you have an adjustable panhard bar?
Old 3/8/14, 09:01 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Looks great!
Old 3/8/14, 09:26 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 25bduse
Very Nice!
Originally Posted by sakol
Excellent!
Originally Posted by TomServo92
That looks really nice!
Originally Posted by mrc728
Wow! Looks great
Originally Posted by skramblr
Very nice
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Looks great!
Thanks so much for the kind words folks. I appreciate it. I've had them for 4 months, but never had a chance to try them out yet due to this terrible winter. Hopefully with spring rolling around, I'll actually get to drive her soon.
Old 3/8/14, 09:27 PM
Banned

first bump you hit, there goes the quarterpanel.

Old 3/8/14, 09:36 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA Burton my man! That looks insanely AWESOME!! I think they looked way better than what I had imagined. Awesome. I would assume you need to get a 4 wheel alignment, even though the wheels/tired have been balanced properly.
Thanks tony!!! Yeah, the same thing happened to me when I installed them today. I thought it would look good, but was pleasantly surprised to see it look THAT good. That classic 5 spoke does it for me.

Originally Posted by jmaStang
The wheels look great man. The red on the Brembo calipers really pops on a 5 spoke wheel. Also, it is most likely just the sun/shadows, but the rear looks the slightest bit off. Do you have an adjustable panhard bar?
Yes sir I do. (Bmr). I did notice that the rear right (passenger) skews more than the driver. I'd say it's a less 1/4" off.

So process of bmr and panhard bar is to just to jack up and the rear end them adjust the panhard bar, then voila right?
Old 3/8/14, 09:38 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
first bump you hit, there goes the quarterpanel.
Danielle, I already addressed this in your other post. It will be a harsher ride for sure, but there will be no rubbing.
Old 3/8/14, 09:39 PM
Banned

but it's sticking out?

it won't be a harsher ride either, since you have more or the same sidewall as stock.

mine appears more flush and still rubbed.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/8/14 at 09:44 PM.
Old 3/8/14, 09:42 PM
I Have No Life

but it's sticking out? it won't be a harsher ride either, since you have more or the same sidewall as stock.
Very slight... I also have assurances that if there are issues, I will be guaranteed a different set with a different offset. Apparently, they've sold a ton of these in this configuration from niche, and as long as the lowering springs are not significantly greater than 1.5", it will be fine. I was told only H&R springs are what they don't recommend with that setup.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/8/14 at 09:44 PM.
Old 3/8/14, 09:45 PM
Banned

it's not the wheels, it's the tires. that's my concern. no doubt the wheels are the correct offset. they're more inboard by 8mm than my TT's were, but they're 20mm wider, which puts them sticking out 2mm FURTHER than my TT's w/ 295's did.

simple math. (not meth)

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/8/14 at 09:47 PM.
Old 3/8/14, 09:56 PM
GT Member

I'm not one to comment on wheels. But those look sick! Good buy
Old 3/8/14, 10:05 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Burton:

Do you have an adjustable panhard bar and brace? If not you may want to consider one.

Steeda makes a very good one as does BMR.

Sean

EDIT: Sorry i missed your early post stating you had an adjustable BMR. Looks like it just needs to be adjusted a bit to help center the wheels.

Great looking set up. Really like the meaty look of the tires.

Last edited by MJJ; 3/8/14 at 10:23 PM.
Old 3/8/14, 10:06 PM
I Have No Life

it's not the wheels, it's the tires. that's my concern. no doubt the wheels are the correct offset. they're more inboard by 8mm than my TT's were, but they're 20mm wider, which puts them sticking out 2mm FURTHER than my TT's w/ 295's did. simple math. (not meth)
What were your wheel and tire sizes again? Mine are 20x10 with 305s. But yeah, I guess I'll find out if they rub when I drive it shortly. But yeah, Concepts stated that they've sold that size wheel with that size tire with those offsets many times on lowered stangs with no rubbing issues... so I guess we'll see. I hope they're right. Maybe Phil (nighthawk) can chime in. FWIW, I found some quick pics of cars with similar setups as mine... I can't imagine they have rubbing issues too.
Attached Thumbnails Milans finally mounted and TPMS married-image-197572683.jpg   Milans finally mounted and TPMS married-image-3027842799.jpg   Milans finally mounted and TPMS married-image-1079615577.jpg  
Old 3/8/14, 10:10 PM
I Have No Life

Here's some from kpd... Perhaps he can chime in of he has rubbing issues. His look to stick out just a tad, like mine. But no rubbing issues I'm pretty sure.

Kpd can you chime in?
Attached Thumbnails Milans finally mounted and TPMS married-image-3636513963.jpg   Milans finally mounted and TPMS married-image-2441559471.jpg  

Quick Reply: Milans finally mounted and TPMS married