2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Milans finally mounted and TPMS married

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/14, 10:17 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
it's not the wheels, it's the tires. that's my concern. no doubt the wheels are the correct offset. they're more inboard by 8mm than my TT's were, but they're 20mm wider, which puts them sticking out 2mm FURTHER than my TT's w/ 295's did. simple math. (not meth)
also, wanted to confirm, what springs were you lowered on? That makes a big difference. I'm on K springs, that Concepts claims should be stiff enough to prevent any rubbing, as well as with the help of the stock bump stops doing their jobs...
Old 3/8/14, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those wheels are amazing.

Your car looks totally freaking awesome.

You will not need an alignment just for changing wheels/tires.
Old 3/8/14, 10:26 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by ninjacrooks
I'm not one to comment on wheels. But those look sick! Good buy
Thanks so much sir!!! I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by MJJ
Burton: Do you have an adjustable panhard bar and brace? If not you may want to consider one. Steeda makes a very good one as does BMR. Sean
Sean yes I do. BMR adjustable for the rear. I plan on adjusting it tomorrow to center it up. I think it's just ever so slightly off.

What wheels/tires/sizes you running, Sean?

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
Those wheels are amazing. Your car looks totally freaking awesome. You will not need an alignment just for changing wheels/tires.
Sir, many thanks for the compliments.
Old 3/8/14, 10:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Is it just me, or is your driver's side "supercharged" emblem crooked?

Also, I think the fronts need a lower offset or more rubber. Those rears are SO aggressive that it makes the fronts look kinda narrow. I love love love those wheels though. You need more appearance mods! Smoked front and rear marker lights, maybe a Boss grille, slotted rotors, GT500 rear rotor upgrade, and maybe a decklid panel.
Old 3/8/14, 10:56 PM
Banned

both of your examples are 20x10.5's with a 45mm offset. if I recall both folks are on 295's.

I was on 295's as well w/ a 20x10 w/ a 34mm offset.

You're on a 305 (that clearly runs wide) on a 20x10 w/ a 40mm offset.

I too am on K springs.

I hope it doesn't rub at all, cuz mine did like a ****
Old 3/8/14, 11:03 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
both of your examples are 20x10.5's with a 45mm offset. if I recall both folks are on 295's. I was on 295's as well w/ a 20x10 w/ a 34mm offset. You're on a 305 (that clearly runs wide) on a 20x10 w/ a 40mm offset. I too am on K springs. I hope it doesn't rub at all, cuz mine did like a ****
Yeah tomorrow I will adjust the panhard bar, then try to drive it around the block to see if I have any issues... Hopefully not.
Old 3/8/14, 11:10 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
It looks great man, but I'm with Danielle judging by a couple of your pics, I fear that you're going to have some serious issues with bumps. Your set up reminds me of a fox body I had that I went to Cobra Rs on and the rear tires ended up with slashes cut out of them from the fender lips, and that was even with them rolled to accommodate.
Old 3/8/14, 11:59 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
It looks great man, but I'm with Danielle judging by a couple of your pics, I fear that you're going to have some serious issues with bumps. Your set up reminds me of a fox body I had that I went to Cobra Rs on and the rear tires ended up with slashes cut out of them from the fender lips, and that was even with them rolled to accommodate.
Zto5, your next mod should be a wide body kit!!
Your tires really worry me too. I sure hope the panhard adjustment helps.
My fingers are crossed for ya!

It looks TOTALLY AMAZING
Old 3/9/14, 12:06 AM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If ypure wheels go missing Burt, it wasnt me!
They look friggin awesome man! I love the black/machined finish.
Old 3/9/14, 07:21 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
So process of bmr and panhard bar is to just to jack up and the rear end them adjust the panhard bar, then voila right?
Awesome, I have the BMR unit as well. I managed to squeeze under the rear of my car on Eibach Pro springs while it was on the ground to make my adjustments. This made things much easier for me, since the measurements are supposed to be taken under regular suspension load. I'd also recommend a little bit of blue loctite on the two PHB bolts.
Old 3/9/14, 07:31 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by laserred38
Is it just me, or is your driver's side "supercharged" emblem crooked?

Also, I think the fronts need a lower offset or more rubber. Those rears are SO aggressive that it makes the fronts look kinda narrow. I love love love those wheels though. You need more appearance mods! Smoked front and rear marker lights, maybe a Boss grille, slotted rotors, GT500 rear rotor upgrade, and maybe a decklid panel.
LOL… there you go again Patrick Yeah I want to keep the fronts at 255. At least for now. I love the staggered approach. I don't put enough miles on her to care about rotation and tire wear...

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Zto5, your next mod should be a wide body kit!!
Your tires really worry me too. I sure hope the panhard adjustment helps.
My fingers are crossed for ya!

It looks TOTALLY AMAZING
Originally Posted by CCTking
If ypure wheels go missing Burt, it wasnt me!
They look friggin awesome man! I love the black/machined finish.
Originally Posted by jmaStang
Awesome, I have the BMR unit as well. I managed to squeeze under the rear of my car on Eibach Pro springs while it was on the ground to make my adjustments. This made things much easier for me, since the measurements are supposed to be taken under regular suspension load. I'd also recommend a little bit of blue loctite on the two PHB bolts.
Thanks for the props guys!

So ok, here's the update:

I adjusted the BMR panhard bar this morning. It was pretty much splitting hairs, but I would say I adjusted the right side towards the left by about .125", tops. Either way, it's all centered now. I adjusted the BMR just by crawling under there, with the car on the ground. Easy peasy.

Now, I was eager to go test it out and see if I had any driving or rubbing issues. I drove for about a 1/2 hour around the neighborhood here, where there's a few dips, etc. Obviously I didn't go over any potholes (who does?), but I made sure I went over changes in elevation, grade, etc.

NO RUBBING ISSUES WHATSOEVER! I even stopped a couple times, pulled over just to make sure I didn't miss any possible rubbing in case I didn't hear it. Nothing, nada, fine. WOOHOO!!! So does that mean, I'll NEVER rub? I dunno… maybe not, maybe so. But that would probably mean I went too fast on road dips, or potholes, or what have you. I guess, I'm pretty careful how and where I drive. Am not sure how the other folks have been driving or where they've been driving… so I can't speak for them, as to why they rub.

Either way, am a very happy camper. The ride quality, if anything, improved. Don't know why… maybe it was just me missing my car for 4 months. But man, she rode nice. Just to hear those borlas again on the open road, and the surge of that maggie…that's priceless.

Thanks to all. I'll provide updates as we go along. Hopefully I'll get to detail her good this afternoon. 46 today for a high.
Old 3/9/14, 07:33 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Glad to hear the test drive went well.............those wheels look superb
Old 3/9/14, 07:36 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Glad to hear the test drive went well.............those wheels look superb
Thanks Paul… another thing I was thinking, I know it was 30 deg's out when I went for a short drive this morning, but imagine when it's 70 degrees out? I wonder how those 305 Drag Radial meats will hook. I can only imagine the "pin me back in my seat" feel then. I can't wait.
Old 3/9/14, 07:39 AM
V6 Member

Congrats, they look great!
Old 3/9/14, 08:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
LOL… there you go again Patrick Yeah I want to keep the fronts at 255. At least for now. I love the staggered approach. I don't put enough miles on her to care about rotation and tire wear... Thanks for the props guys! So ok, here's the update: I adjusted the BMR panhard bar this morning. It was pretty much splitting hairs, but I would say I adjusted the right side towards the left by about .125", tops. Either way, it's all centered now. I adjusted the BMR just by crawling under there, with the car on the ground. Easy peasy. Now, I was eager to go test it out and see if I had any driving or rubbing issues. I drove for about a 1/2 hour around the neighborhood here, where there's a few dips, etc. Obviously I didn't go over any potholes (who does?), but I made sure I went over changes in elevation, grade, etc. NO RUBBING ISSUES WHATSOEVER! I even stopped a couple times, pulled over just to make sure I didn't miss any possible rubbing in case I didn't hear it. Nothing, nada, fine. WOOHOO!!! So does that mean, I'll NEVER rub? I dunno… maybe not, maybe so. But that would probably mean I went too fast on road dips, or potholes, or what have you. I guess, I'm pretty careful how and where I drive. Am not sure how the other folks have been driving or where they've been driving… so I can't speak for them, as to why they rub. Either way, am a very happy camper. The ride quality, if anything, improved. Don't know why… maybe it was just me missing my car for 4 months. But man, she rode nice. Just to hear those borlas again on the open road, and the surge of that maggie…that's priceless. Thanks to all. I'll provide updates as we go along. Hopefully I'll get to detail her good this afternoon. 46 today for a high.
Oh I still say to stay staggered but you need some 275s up front

I have a 255/295 staggered setup not on my 03 (it came with the car) and it bugs me how puny the fronts look compared to the backs. Right now I have 275s all around, and the backs look too small. I think 275/305s would be perfect, appearance wise at least.
Old 3/9/14, 09:42 AM
I Have No Life

I went for another drive (yes, I'm getting really itchy...), and was a lot more aggressive with her. Tried to floor it a few times as much as my traction allowed, in the hopes that maybe I'd induce/cause some rubbing if need be. Nope, nada, none. Still no issues. I should be good unless I foolishly go too fast on a dip/bump/pothole...all of which I'd avoid in the first place. So I think combo of k springs, stock susp, stock bump stops, etc...along with milan offsets and size = good things. Harsher ride maybe, but no issues thus far.
Old 3/9/14, 10:33 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
That's great news ! Woke up to warm temps and clearing skies, so i might be detailing the car and truck today myself. Looking forward to more outdoor picks with your niches.
Old 3/9/14, 11:39 AM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Burton

Good to hear all is well. Just keep any bigger folks out of the back seat and be careful on inclines.

Worst case scenario, add some adjustable coilovers and raise the height if needed.
Old 3/9/14, 11:51 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts
I really like the look of those wheels! Very Nice. I really do like the look of a 5 spoke wheel!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 3/9/14 at 11:54 AM.
Old 3/9/14, 12:27 PM
Banned

I just hope it stays that way for you. Mine felt fine for two weeks. Then I hit a hard bump on the freeway. scraaape. for a while actually, it was the unavoidable ones. Freeway speed kinda stuff. Any time there were more than just one person in the car? scraaape.

keep your fingers crossed. Keep in mind, I daily drive mine and have over 30k on it already.

Quick Reply: Milans finally mounted and TPMS married