2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

MCA Question

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/10 | 09:37 PM

MCA Question

Short time lurker here with an odd question I've seen multiple answers for. If I got the MCA package and chose tape stripe delete does that delete the hockey stick stripe on the side of the vehicle? I ordered a V6 MCA in the new silver and I can't wait
Old 4/5/10 | 09:44 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by lavalamp27
Short time lurker here with an odd question I've seen multiple answers for. If I got the MCA package and chose tape stripe delete does that delete the hockey stick stripe on the side of the vehicle? I ordered a V6 MCA in the new silver and I can't wait
When you order a package that has its own special tape stripe as part of the package then the "Tape Stripe Delete" is mandatory option. It deletes the tape stripe that is part of the Premium Package, the tape stripe along the lower body side. It won't delete the stripe that is part of your option package.

You might send Jeff, don't recall his screen name, he is a new car sales guy for a Ford dealer in PA., a PM asking him but I'm pretty sure it is as I described it above.

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 4/5/10 at 09:45 PM.
Old 4/5/10 | 09:53 PM

There are pictures from autoshows and other places that show the MCA configuration without the stripe and that is why I was asking. I did message Jeff though, so thank you
Old 4/5/10 | 09:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
When you order a package that has its own special tape stripe as part of the package then the "Tape Stripe Delete" is mandatory option. It deletes the tape stripe that is part of the Premium Package, the tape stripe along the lower body side. It won't delete the stripe that is part of your option package.
You're correct that the MCA stripe will be on the car - but, it's a vinyl stripe that's easy to remove yourself when the car shows up. Won't leave a mark or hurt the paint.
Old 4/6/10 | 10:18 PM
V6 Member

I could be wrong, but I'm 98% sure that tape stripe delete does remove the hockey stripe. You can even try it on Ford's Build and Price page.
Old 4/6/10 | 11:06 PM
GTR Member

I don't think you can delete part of a package. Stripe delete is just going to delete stripes that would have been in place had the package not been added.

Guess you'll find out when the car gets delivered.

The stripes are just tape though, a little heat and they will peel off pretty easy.
Old 4/7/10 | 07:00 AM
Cobra R Member

The Ford B&P shows the "tape stripe delete" as removing not only the hockey sticks but also the rear applique from the MCA build. I kind of like the rear black-out but not the hockey sticks so skipping the delete and then taking the hockey sticks off later is probably the way to go. I asked my sales guy to remove the tape stripe delete request. I don't seriously think they're going to put the MCA hockey sticks AND the V6 lower stripe on the same car. Nope. Just don't see it. The MCA stripes replace the standard stripes and the tape stripe delete removes all the vinyl stripes. Seems almost like common sense.
Old 4/7/10 | 08:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Can you get the MCA Pkg with the V6 Perf Pkg?
Old 4/7/10 | 08:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
First, not yet since the performance package isn't out (late summer) and probably not at all considering the MCA package has its own wheels. Why pay twice? Just get the performance package and then order the billet grille, floor mats, and vinyl decals separately for less than the $995 package price.
Old 4/7/10 | 08:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I know it's not available yet. I'm not going to be buying any time soon. I was just curious. You make a good point, but I think I like the MCA wheels better anyways. If I were to get a V6, I think I'd get the MCA Pkg, then upgrade the brakes and get some 3.73s later. Meh, why am I dreaming. I probably won't be getting a new Mustang until 2015, at least. Funny, I almost got a 2010 last month and almost placed an order for an 11 when that car sold.
Old 4/7/10 | 08:45 AM

The build and price may not be correct because removing the tape stripe on it removed the MCA grill from the front. The back applique may still be there. I HIGHLY doubt removing a stripe would change the front end!! Let's hope not at least!!
Old 4/7/10 | 09:01 AM
GTR Member

If it comes with the stripe, peel it yourself. Patience, Goo-gone, and a heat gun will make quick work of it. I'm doing it for a friend who ordered a V6 MCA Package coupe.

Also, in the 2011 brochure, they show the CS and the billet grilles as options, along with the GT500 rear diffuser in the accessories portion. I'm sure there will be plenty of discounted sites around to get that stuff from.
Old 4/7/10 | 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered the MCA and I fully intend to put it on some Eibach spring if I don't like the handling.
Old 4/7/10 | 11:57 AM

Does anyone think that tape stripe delete could cause the front grill to change or does that seem like a total mistake in the build and price site?
Old 4/7/10 | 11:59 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by lavalamp27
Does anyone think that tape stripe delete could cause the front grill to change or does that seem like a total mistake in the build and price site?
I think it's a glitch. I wouldn't take that as gospel, it's not 100% accurate yet.
Old 4/7/10 | 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
There was a Grabber Blue MCA Coupe with the Performance Package in one of the test drives (beware, not the best video & audio) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdIBpZT1JCY

... so I'd guess Ford plans on offering the option combination when the PP becomes available later this Summer.

Doug
Old 4/7/10 | 05:17 PM
Bullitt Member

The stripe delete on the MCA package only deletes the side stripe.
Old 4/8/10 | 06:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mwilson7
The stripe delete on the MCA package only deletes the side stripe.
Are you certain? If so, based on what information?

I can also see it deleting the black applique in the rear if it's a "stripe" or vinyl decal as shown in the B&P. I asked my salesman to remove the tape stripe delete just in case. I can take off the side stripes myself but I want the rear black-out. I'm confident the grill will be fine.
Old 4/8/10 | 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Aaaah, yes...the mysterious stripe delete. I think Ford just likes to confuse everyone with that one.
Old 4/8/10 | 07:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I built my car (see sig) and I could only build it with a Saddle or Stone interior. If I clicked on Charcoal Black, it changed my car to a GT/CS for an $8000 adder ... definitely a glitch. It was nice though to finally see what a Kona MCA with HID's would look like !!

What I found interesting is I could ADD the "Pedestal Spoiler" (replacing MCA lip spoiler) as a stand alone factory accessory for $335.

Back when I was researching colors & options I saw the accessory pedestal spoiler on a couple of 2010 GT's (GT only Accy. Pkg's 4, 5, or 6) and kind of liked it better than the little lip spoiler, but did NOT like the fact that at the very least it was packaged with the "Hood Scoop" (pkg 4) and I just don't like this scoop. But since none of these pkg's could be had on a V6, I put it out of my mind.

It appears that to add an Accessory Pkg w/ Pedestal Spoiler on a GT you must also select "13D Spoiler Delete". Since 13D is not a V6 option, can a Pedestal Spoiler really be added to a V6 with 201A, 202A, or 203A pkg. that normally comes with the lip spoiler ??

I'm real tempted to go down to my dealer today to find out !!

Doug

Quick Reply: MCA Question