Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Magnaflow Street Series for V6

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/12, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Magnaflow Street Series for V6

Does anyone have these on their 2012 v6? I noticed that they are on Amazon for $480 versus the $590 on American Muscle. Just wondering if they have a decent low tone without drone and how they would compare to the Ford racing mufflers which are over $670.... doe American Muscle price match?

Amazon.com: Magnaflow 15595 Street Series Stainless Axle-Back Exhaust System for 2011 Ford Mustang 3.7L Street: Automotive Amazon.com: Magnaflow 15595 Street Series Stainless Axle-Back Exhaust System for 2011 Ford Mustang 3.7L Street: Automotive
Old 5/30/12, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people have gotten AM to price match. Keep in mind AM is free shipping and there is a 6% discount code for members.

For the V6, I would personally only recommend the FRPP and Roush
Old 5/31/12, 05:11 AM
Cobra Member

Do these not sound that good..it's so hard to tell over the net...wish there was a place you could go to hear them all in person...and while driving to check for drone...
Old 5/31/12, 05:46 AM
V6 Member

Did you not read the reviews on Amazon?
"It does drone at highway speeds when going up hill but not horrible."
Old 5/31/12, 06:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyM
Some people have gotten AM to price match. Keep in mind AM is free shipping and there is a 6% discount code for members.

For the V6, I would personally only recommend the FRPP and Roush
Not the Roush!!!! I bought a set, ran them for 15 minutes, returned home and promptly put the stock back on. They are obnoxious loud, and make the V6 sound like the ricers that drive around with the large coffee can exhaust tip. Not what I was after.
Old 5/31/12, 06:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
Do these not sound that good..it's so hard to tell over the net...wish there was a place you could go to hear them all in person...and while driving to check for drone...
See if there are any local car shows in your area, or "unafficial" car meets on a Friday/saturday night. Most will have late model Mustangs attending, and you could then get an oppertunity to hear the different exhaust systems that have been installed first hand.

Or, find a club locally, and go from there.
Old 5/31/12, 06:49 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jayb79
Did you not read the reviews on Amazon?
"It does drone at highway speeds when going up hill but not horrible."
I read that but also read several reviews on American Muscle that stated that there was no drone...so to me the only way to know for sure is to hear them for yourself...
Old 5/31/12, 06:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
Not the Roush!!!! I bought a set, ran them for 15 minutes, returned home and promptly put the stock back on. They are obnoxious loud, and make the V6 sound like the ricers that drive around with the large coffee can exhaust tip. Not what I was after.
That is exactly what I am trying to avoid...that tinny, raspy high pitched sound...just want something a little louder and deeper than stock, without the interior droning. I had a Durango a few years ago that I put flowmaster muffler on...sounded great but at a steady speed the interior drone drove me nuts.
Old 5/31/12, 09:47 AM
Cobra Member

You drive a v6, it will be high and raspy. There isn't any getting away from that. Make the best of it, and know that apart from start up and idle, it's will not be a low pitch.
Old 5/31/12, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I have the flowmasters and love them. They are not loud at all when driving normally, just a nice low tone. I will see if I can manage to get a video that represents the sound well
Old 5/31/12, 09:57 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012BLKV6
I have the flowmasters and love them. They are not loud at all when driving normally, just a nice low tone. I will see if I can manage to get a video that represents the sound well
I have flows as well and he is correct about normal driving is not that loud but when you WOT it sounds nice and loud.
Old 5/31/12, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Yup. And absolutely zero drone on the highway. =)

The biggest mistake that people make when adding exhaust to our cars is expecting it to sound like a v8. Which it never will. BUT the 3.7 can sound fantastic.
Old 5/31/12, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Yeah people aim for v8 sounding cars but it's hard to get that sound but you can get a close sound. Exactly no drone on highway. But your right this 3.7 sounds great
Old 5/31/12, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

I know it won't sound like a V8, but i also don't want it to sound like the 4 bangers with the aftermarket mufflers. Just want it deeper and louder than stock...
Old 5/31/12, 02:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

I installed Magnaflow Street Series axlebacks on my wife's 2011 V6 one and a half years ago. They are very deep sounding without any drone on highway. They are so deep sounding that they rattle the front windows of our house each morning when my wife leaves for work. Quality and fitment are superior. I bought them (part#15595) on sale 12-26-2010 at autoanything.com for $450 shipped.

some photos..

Name:  IMG_4978.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  209.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4886.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  92.5 KB
Old 5/31/12, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by JCStang
That is exactly what I am trying to avoid...that tinny, raspy high pitched sound...just want something a little louder and deeper than stock, without the interior droning. I had a Durango a few years ago that I put flowmaster muffler on...sounded great but at a steady speed the interior drone drove me nuts.
The Roush on the V6 was the same as the current Roush on my GT. On WOT, it gets stupid loud and raspy. If that's not what you're looking for, I would suggest FRPP.

I had the Flowmaster; it sounded like a Z. My friend had the ATAK, which sounded like a really loud Z. A group member currently has the Bassani, which sounds muffled and left me very unimpressed.

The FRPP is the deepest, best sounding IN MY OPINION. But you have to shell out bucks for that.
Old 5/31/12, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
I installed Magnaflow Street Series axlebacks on my wife's 2011 V6 one and a half years ago. They are very deep sounding without any drone on highway. They are so deep sounding that they rattle the front windows of our house each morning when my wife leaves for work. Quality and fitment are superior. I bought them (part#15595) on sale 12-26-2010 at autoanything.com for $450 shipped.

some photos..

Are they comparable to the Ford Racing mufflers? I was even thinking of getting the GT500 mufflers and having them welded on as those also sounded pretty decent and only $310, but again, you really cannot tell from a sound byte online...and i don't have the money to waste to get them and then hate them....decisions, decisions,
Old 5/31/12, 03:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

[QUOTE=JCStang;6363729]Are they comparable to the Ford Racing mufflers? QUOTE]

I have no experience with FRPP mufflers, but if they are a lot cheaper, than that may be reason to buy them. If I had the need to buy axlebacks again for a 2011-13 V6, I would buy the same set again. Try to find some local that have the Magnaflow Street Series and listen and see for yourself.
Old 8/11/13, 11:12 AM

Love the sound of magnaflows..

ANYONE LOOKING FOR A BRAND NEW MAGNAFLOW AXLEBACK KIT FOR CHEAP?

I ordered a brand new system in the mail direct from Magnaflow for my 3.7L and sadly totaled out the Mustang the very next week.

Hit me up at KRthisfall@gmail.com if you're interested.. My loss is your gain!
Old 8/11/13, 01:15 PM
Cobra Member

I eventually went with the Ford Racing Mufflers and they sound GREAT. I was merging onto the expressway yesterday and was in second gear and nailed it, sounded like a dang race car all the way through the gears...these things sound great....and for a 6 banger this thing pulls like a son of a gun...would blow away the 87 GT I had years ago. I can't imagine what the v8 must be like.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Street Series for V6