2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Looking to buy a 2010 GT automatic - need advise

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/22, 05:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Looking to buy a 2010 GT automatic - need advise

Hi,

So, last year I sold my 2005 Torch Red GT.....and regretted it ever since. Now I'm thinking about a 2010 GT low miles.

With the 2005, I experienced the Fuel Nozzle shut off issue EVERYTIME I fueled up. I had to go to a specific gas station that had slower/older gas pumps.
Do you know if this problem occurs with the 2010 model year?

Is there anything that I need to know about with the 2010 Mustangs? It's automatic....not my first choice....I'd prefer a manual, but I've had so many manual transmissions before - it's not that big of a deal.

I also had door handles that wouldn't go back into position after using....nothing that I can't get used to pushing in again....

Anyway, it's black, looks sharp. Really sharp.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated...hopefully before I pull the trigger and buy it.

Thanks
Old 11/17/22, 06:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I know there was a nice bump up in power for the 2011 gt's. I have not heard of any major reaccuring mechancial issues with the 2010 models. Good luck

Last edited by Glenn; 11/18/22 at 06:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cbrown119 (11/17/22)
Old 11/17/22, 06:43 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,157 Likes on 2,311 Posts
I checked your Other Posts and I see you are in Sweden So My Advice about all the Other Low Miles Cars around went out the window! as Far as Fuel Fill Maybe This Will Help!

Kc

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...s-tank-549366/
cbrown119 (11/17/22)
Old 11/17/22, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I checked your Other Posts and I see you are in Sweden So My Advice about all the Other Low Miles Cars around went out the window! as Far as Fuel Fill Maybe This Will Help!

Kc

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...s-tank-549366/
Thank you.

It seems like the fueling problem only occurred in the 2005-2009 models. The Facelift (2010+) seems to have corrected it.... I hope....

What did you mean about low miles???
Old 11/17/22, 07:24 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,157 Likes on 2,311 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrown119
Thank you.

It seems like the fueling problem only occurred in the 2005-2009 models. The Facelift (2010+) seems to have corrected it.... I hope....

What did you mean about low miles???
I did a Search in the US and Lots of Under 50K Mileage Cars Out There in the States I checked 2005-2011 V8 Mustangs. Opinions Vary on Mileage as Being Low or High it's Just the Reference I Used.

A Car Does Need to Be Driven Enough to Keep Things Functioning Though. So Low Miles Can Also Work Against you if the Car Sat Somewhere for an Extended Time and Things Dried Up!

https://www.cars.com/

x

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...5-09-a-547324/

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 11/17/22 at 07:32 AM.
cbrown119 (11/17/22)
Old 11/18/22, 06:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I know there was a nice bump up in power for the 2011 gt's. I have not heard of any major reaccuring mechancial issues with the 2011 models. Good luck
I meant to type = I have not heard of any major reaccuring mechancial issues with the 2010 models. Good luck
Old 11/18/22, 06:53 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,078 Likes on 674 Posts
No experience with 2010 models but make sure you are buying a 'clean title' car. Many shipped overseas are salvage (cheaply or inadequately repaired as well) or involved with title issues. You don't need a headache or heartache buying a bad car. Best of luck!!
Old 11/18/22, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by NC14GT
No experience with 2010 models but make sure you are buying a 'clean title' car. Many shipped overseas are salvage (cheaply or inadequately repaired as well) or involved with title issues. You don't need a headache or heartache buying a bad car. Best of luck!!
You're absolutely right! There is a lot of salvage titled mustangs over here.
Luckily, I can track the history of the vehicle (for free) from the moment it is registered in Sweden. It'll say that it was reported as salvage. Strange, but those are still expensive, not as expensive as a clean car, but still pricey.
THe 2010 mustang I'm looking at is selling for about 22k USD with approximately 28000 miles. That's actually a good price over here.
Old 11/18/22, 02:17 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,078 Likes on 674 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrown119
You're absolutely right! There is a lot of salvage titled mustangs over here.
Luckily, I can track the history of the vehicle (for free) from the moment it is registered in Sweden. It'll say that it was reported as salvage. Strange, but those are still expensive, not as expensive as a clean car, but still pricey.
THe 2010 mustang I'm looking at is selling for about 22k USD with approximately 28000 miles. That's actually a good price over here.
That would be a good price here as well with those low miles IF a clean title.
Do you have any idea why the 'salvage' title? I always feel flood vehicles are the absolute worse with endless electrical issues. Suspension damage is a close second. Only the best shops ever get them right again.
Man, I feel bad that you can't get a clean title car without worries about someone else's misfortunes. Sometimes we (Americans) don't appreciate the things we have. I sure think about things like that. Again I wish you the best.
Old 11/21/22, 07:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,573 Likes on 1,078 Posts
My 2010 has about 110K miles on it now, and has been pretty trouble free. Most of the minor issues I have had, were direct result of modifications that I made (had trouble passing emissions due to non-compliant tune, suspension is noisy due to hard bushings, ...)
  • I have not had the fuel fill problem
  • trunk latch started buzzing and not working when car was fairly new, replaced under warranty, I believe this is a common issue
  • shaker radio had a hissing noise, replaced under warranty
  • I have not had problems with water drainage and water intrusion into the SJB which was fairly common, but it's probably because I kept the cowl drains clean
  • I have a clicking noise in my dashboard that is probably the blend door actuator skipping a tooth, this is also fairly common, I haven't bothered to fix it yet
  • some annoying creaks and buzz noises in the dashboard, noisy/clunky suspension (probably mostly due to things I changed)
  • it goes through batteries about every 3 years, but I buy cheap batteries so I don't know if a more expensive one might have lasted longer (I doubt it)
Overall it has been a very trouble-free car, I can't remember a time when it ever left me stranded (except in my own garage due to dead battery)
Old 11/21/22, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bert
My 2010 has about 110K miles on it now, and has been pretty trouble free. Most of the minor issues I have had, were direct result of modifications that I made (had trouble passing emissions due to non-compliant tune, suspension is noisy due to hard bushings, ...)
  • I have not had the fuel fill problem
  • trunk latch started buzzing and not working when car was fairly new, replaced under warranty, I believe this is a common issue
  • shaker radio had a hissing noise, replaced under warranty
  • I have not had problems with water drainage and water intrusion into the SJB which was fairly common, but it's probably because I kept the cowl drains clean
  • I have a clicking noise in my dashboard that is probably the blend door actuator skipping a tooth, this is also fairly common, I haven't bothered to fix it yet
  • some annoying creaks and buzz noises in the dashboard, noisy/clunky suspension (probably mostly due to things I changed)
  • it goes through batteries about every 3 years, but I buy cheap batteries so I don't know if a more expensive one might have lasted longer (I doubt it)
Overall it has been a very trouble-free car, I can't remember a time when it ever left me stranded (except in my own garage due to dead battery)
What an excellent post! Thank you.
the biggest thing that I am concerned about was the fueling problem I had with the 2005. Now, that's not an issue.
We got hit with a good snowstorm over the weekend...not as bad as Buffalo, but enough to remember driving the mustang in that crap - I used it all year round. 4 studded tires and a couple of sand bags in the trunk... maybe I should wait till spring...
Old 11/21/22, 11:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,573 Likes on 1,078 Posts
I drove mine though winters in Massachusetts for a few years, good snow tires do make a huge difference and I had an SUV as backup for the really bad days.... but yeah it just looks horrible with all that salt all over it! more good news is that I do not have a lot of corrosion from that

prices are better in the winter for this kind of car, but spring is a better time to drive them for sure!