Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Koni stock update...

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/10, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Koni stock update...

A number of you have Koni Sports on backorder with me (and I in turn with Koni). Original ETA...streesing the *E* there was mid-November. I just checked and that has changed. They were waiting for some parts (spring perches) which just arrived and the run of shocks is now slated for production week 49 which is the 1st week of December and scheduled for sea freight.

I am trying to get Koni to ship a number of them via air freight instead so I can get those of you with pending backorders filled ASAP. I imagine that we'll get some that way, but only backordered sets---they won't air ship the lot it would cost way too much for shocks that aren't already sold.

So the bad news it, it'll be a while longer. And I can tell you pretty much that nobody else has any. Koni NA is out, and the majority of the shipment are headed my way via the WD's I buy from. The good news is that I'm trying to speed it up as much as possible, and pre-paid backorders will arrive/ship first.

That's the deal on Koni Sports....

Now, Koni STR.T's. We have plenty.
Old 11/11/10, 12:13 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the heads up Sam. I guess I can wait a little longer if I have to. heh ;-)
Old 11/11/10, 12:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Dragonacc
Thanks for the heads up Sam. I guess I can wait a little longer if I have to. heh ;-)
It's worth the wait IMHO (unless you absolutely need new shocks/struts now). I ordered my Koni Sports from Sam at the end of June, the rears came right away, but the fronts didn't come until August. I put the rears on right away, and the fronts when they came, and I've been very happy with them (along with my Steeda UltraLite springs).
Old 11/11/10, 01:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ministang
It's worth the wait IMHO (unless you absolutely need new shocks/struts now). I ordered my Koni Sports from Sam at the end of June, the rears came right away, but the fronts didn't come until August. I put the rears on right away, and the fronts when they came, and I've been very happy with them (along with my Steeda UltraLite springs).
I've got the Koni sports on order along with Steeda sport springs, UMI adjustable panhard bar, and Steeda Heavy duty mounts.

Glad to hear the sports worked out for you. I read a lot of posts from Sam and others before deciding what to buy. I was originally going to buy a lot of stuff that doesn't seem necessary which has saved me money in the end.

Anyone still on the fence about who to trust should give Sam a call or shoot him a PM.
Old 11/11/10, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good thing I didn't order my stuff this year. The reason decided to way until next year was:

a) Wanted to drive the car for a few months to find out what I like and don't like about the car's handling and feel.
b) Still not sure if I want the Sport or STR.T. I keep jumping back and fort but I'm sure when I call Sam he will give the right advice.
c) Hoping Steeda will have the new '11 HD struts mounts ready early next year so I don't have to buy the isolators separately.
d) Save a little more and also buy a Watts-Link (?) and do everything at the same time. Not sure about this one yet.
Old 11/11/10, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Dragonacc
Glad to hear the sports worked out for you..........
One of the main reasons I went with the Koni Sports is because of my previous experience with them. My '08 Mustang makes the 4th car I've bought Konis for, including my Bullitt Mustang that I sold earlier this year, and my current Miata. I'm hoping to buy a set for my Mini Cooper next year as well.