2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Kinda disappointed! Order mistake...

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/12 | 09:31 PM
V6 Member

Kinda disappointed! Order mistake...

Well I ordered a GT/CS in black March 12.... I just couldn't get over the silver stripes on the black... Wasn't a huge fan! Sooo I decided to order Race Red to get the black stripes, My window sticker popped up Friday and low and behold the frigging window sticker has Silver stripes down as the selected option. My car is being built on Thursday, so I called the dealer to explain their mistake, the sales manager tells me he changed it in the system and it should take. Has anyone changed options after they got their window sticker and it actually worked??

Last edited by 2013GT/CS; 5/6/12 at 09:32 PM.
Old 5/6/12 | 11:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

If you have a window sticker, then your VIN is locked in and the car's order can't be changed. Looks like you're getting silver stripes.
Old 5/6/12 | 11:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

If I'm not mistaken, the dealership will be able to change the stripes once you've gotten the car. I'd make sure they did it, and on their dime.
Old 5/7/12 | 04:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2013GT/CS
Well I ordered a GT/CS in black March 12.... I just couldn't get over the silver stripes on the black... Wasn't a huge fan! Sooo I decided to order Race Red to get the black stripes, My window sticker popped up Friday and low and behold the frigging window sticker has Silver stripes down as the selected option. My car is being built on Thursday, so I called the dealer to explain their mistake, the sales manager tells me he changed it in the system and it should take. Has anyone changed options after they got their window sticker and it actually worked??
What does your DORA show?
Old 5/7/12 | 09:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey bud, that dealer is blowing smoke by telling you they can change the order this late. Once the car is serialized, its pretty much a done deal anyhow. When the label is made up, then its DEFINITELY too late. They are going to have to have the new stripes applied at the dealership and they should eat the charges. They messed up!!!
Old 5/7/12 | 03:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally the car was black, so it automatically had silver stripes, so when they changed the color it just stayed silver & they never changed it... The reason I changed though was because I didnt like the silver stripe.....
They are now telling me that they cant get GT/CS stripes yet....
Old 5/7/12 | 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Tell them you cancel.
Old 5/7/12 | 09:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Why not just have the dealership order the correct car? Sure, it puts you behind a few weeks, but you'll get exactly what you want.
Old 5/7/12 | 09:33 PM
Cobra R Member

We're talking about vinyl stripes... have the dealer rip them off and then have them apply the ones you want. Better yet, stripeless
Old 5/8/12 | 03:10 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
We're talking about vinyl stripes... have the dealer rip them off and then have them apply the ones you want. Better yet, stripeless
you need stripes on a CS.. thats like 30% of the package.
Old 5/8/12 | 03:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

you need stripes on a CS.. thats like 30% of the package.
Uuuum, why are you discussing a strangers packa... Er wait, never mind.
Old 5/8/12 | 03:14 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Pete07GT
Uuuum, why are you discussing a strangers packa... Er wait, never mind.
pills made me do it
Old 5/8/12 | 05:29 AM
Cobra Member

You placed an order for what you wanted. It's wrong. When car arrives, verify the order. If it's not what you ordered, contract is void. If dealer fixes the descrepencies, all are happy.

Or settle for what you did not order. I don't think you'll be happy with the latter.
Old 5/8/12 | 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

sorry to hear about the mix up..... on the up side, that combo has to be pretty **** rare!
Old 5/8/12 | 11:47 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by USMC:302
sorry to hear about the mix up..... on the up side, that combo has to be pretty **** rare!
LOL Im sure it is....

The stripes are crazy expensive too! They will be $500 CDN just for the 2 side ones not including the ones on the hood! The dealer says hes not covering it because he made no money on the car... Invoice plus $500
Ive already been waiting since March 12 so I dont want to reorder plus I sold my old one through them to save tax....
Old 5/8/12 | 12:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

LOL Im sure it is....

The stripes are crazy expensive too! They will be $500 CDN just for the 2 side ones not including the ones on the hood! The dealer says hes not covering it because he made no money on the car... Invoice plus $500
Ive already been waiting since March 12 so I dont want to reorder plus I sold my old one through them to save tax....
They said what?!!! I would tell them to pound sand about not covering it!! You have a car YOU ordered and THEY messed up!!! Its their mistake and their responsibility to make it right! Did they give you any print-outs when you ordered it (VOC) or the DORA after it was submitted, showing their mistake? If they didn't, then they REALLY need to fix it. How would you know if they made a mistake or not if they didn't give you a copy of the printout. Dealers like this drive me nuts!!
Old 5/8/12 | 12:55 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

LOL Im sure it is....

tell them you are not buying and talk to the ford rep for the area. Go to the next dealer and reorder.
Old 5/8/12 | 01:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just tell dealer you are not taking delivery of it. When dealer ordered my car he printed out the vehicle order confirmation screen .. made me verify every selection on it and then sign it before he actually finalized the order in the system.
Old 5/8/12 | 02:35 PM
V6 Member

Well, I had a DORA while the car was still Black but never thought to get one after I changed the color to Red.... I explained to the dealer I wanted to change the color because I hated the silver stripes. but.... I can certainly see how it happened, mistakes happen! I am just disappointed that they took the approach that they did....
Old 5/8/12 | 03:37 PM
V6 Member

LOL Im sure it is....

500 over invoice plus approx 800 in holdback.. So they are making 1300 on the car. Even though I think it will look good with the silver stripes on red, your dealer needs to make it right. Don't settle for it if it isn't EXACTLY what you want! Also, I HIGHLY doubt that the stripes would cost your dealer that much.

Last edited by Jryan3; 5/8/12 at 03:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Kinda disappointed! Order mistake...