Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Kenne Bell Installation Video

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/12, 06:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenne Bell Installation Video

I recently installed a Kenne Bell 2.8LC twin screw supercharger on my 2012 5.0 Mustang, and made an installation video while I did. The purpose of me making this video is to show people what it's like to do this install at home, from the perspective of a true backyard mechanic. This is not from some professional race shop with unlimited tools and experience. I have never installed a blower on anything, but I have done some extensive modifications to cars. I have basic hand tools, the only tools I got specifically for this job were a heat gun, and I borrowed a friends torque wrench that reads in in-lbs. I don't think any of the tools required for this install are things a backyard mechanic shouldn't own anyway. The amount of time required for each section is generous, and includes BSing and breaks and gathering parts and tools. So if you allot yourself as much time as it took me, you will have enough time to get great results like I did. And also end up with a clean professional looking install. Even picky car guys have complimented my engine bay when they see it in person.

This is intended to supplement the amazing Kenne Bell instructions, and let you know what you're getting into if you decide to install this kit yourself at home with no lift and no fancy shop. I couldn't cover every single step and actually make a video people could sit through lol, but I tried to show all the problems I had (which wasn't many), and the important stuff I thought people would want to see. Please feel free to ask questions, the whole reason I am making this is to spread information about my install, and let people know what a GREAT company Kenne Bell is, and what kind of awesome product and customer service they provide. It is truly top notch.

Enjoy!

Old 3/23/12, 07:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by blackgt87
I recently installed a Kenne Bell 2.8LC twin screw supercharger on my 2012 5.0 Mustang, and made an installation video while I did. The purpose of me making this video is to show people what it's like to do this install at home, from the perspective of a true backyard mechanic. This is not from some professional race shop with unlimited tools and experience. I have never installed a blower on anything, but I have done some extensive modifications to cars. I have basic hand tools, the only tools I got specifically for this job were a heat gun, and I borrowed a friends torque wrench that reads in in-lbs. I don't think any of the tools required for this install are things a backyard mechanic shouldn't own anyway. The amount of time required for each section is generous, and includes BSing and breaks and gathering parts and tools. So if you allot yourself as much time as it took me, you will have enough time to get great results like I did. And also end up with a clean professional looking install. Even picky car guys have complimented my engine bay when they see it in person.

This is intended to supplement the amazing Kenne Bell instructions, and let you know what you're getting into if you decide to install this kit yourself at home with no lift and no fancy shop. I couldn't cover every single step and actually make a video people could sit through lol, but I tried to show all the problems I had (which wasn't many), and the important stuff I thought people would want to see. Please feel free to ask questions, the whole reason I am making this is to spread information about my install, and let people know what a GREAT company Kenne Bell is, and what kind of awesome product and customer service they provide. It is truly top notch.

Enjoy!

2012 Mustang 5.0 Kenne Bell Installation - YouTube
Old 3/23/12, 08:16 PM
GT Member

So did you do any other mods besides the actual supercharger (e.g. clutch, forged internals, struts k/bars etc) ? How many lbs of boost are you running through it in your configuration?

Great video btw, very informative for the novice!
Old 3/24/12, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fridaze
So did you do any other mods besides the actual supercharger (e.g. clutch, forged internals, struts k/bars etc) ? How many lbs of boost are you running through it in your configuration?

Great video btw, very informative for the novice!
No other mods, stock clutch, internals, and fuel pump not even a BAP. Those numbers are on the 10 psi pulley.
Old 3/24/12, 08:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Wow, very well done sir. Couldn't help it and watched it last night before going to bed .

Last edited by montreal ponies; 3/24/12 at 10:36 AM.
Old 3/24/12, 08:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome thanks man!
Old 3/24/12, 09:02 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blackgt87
No other mods, stock clutch, internals, and fuel pump not even a BAP. Those numbers are on the 10 psi pulley.
Look for a PM!
Old 3/24/12, 09:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nice vid! I watched the whole thing. I was however surprised at the amount of things that have to be altered on the car that would not be easy to return to stock. It looks like you took your time and I'm sure the install would of went a little quicker had you not documented and videotaped all of the steps.
thanks for the time you spent to do that. I think not only will it open up someones eyes to wether it's something they can tackle on their own, but it may help others see that there is a lot more to install then some might think thus the reason it's expensive to have one installed.
Old 3/24/12, 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Wow, very well done sir. Couldn't help it and watched it last night before going to bed .
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Hytek
Awesome thanks man!
Sure!

Originally Posted by going for broke
Nice vid! I watched the whole thing. I was however surprised at the amount of things that have to be altered on the car that would not be easy to return to stock. It looks like you took your time and I'm sure the install would of went a little quicker had you not documented and videotaped all of the steps.
thanks for the time you spent to do that. I think not only will it open up someones eyes to wether it's something they can tackle on their own, but it may help others see that there is a lot more to install then some might think thus the reason it's expensive to have one installed.
There are a few things that you could not put back, and you are correct about the documentation adding time, I was just trying to be honest and not make people thing "this takes a few hours one afternoon bam you're done".

No problem, that was exactly my intention when making the video. I think this should show people that while it might take some time, it's something a regular person can do. And have fun while doing it!