2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Just a heads-up to anyone that is buying through X-plan

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/10, 07:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twohitta
I'm going to a few dealers tomorrow to see about ordering one. Do you mind telling me which dealer is giving you the best deal, so I could try there first. Planned on going to Covert, Leif Johnson, and Maxwell. Thank You
I'll send you the info

Last edited by AusTXMCA; 5/8/10 at 12:56 PM.
Old 5/8/10, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by csriram45
Were you going to get the $500 rebate on top of the price you paid? Remember the current set of mustangs come with $500 rebate until 06/01. I have gotten (true invoice + holdback) - $200 plus any rebate on top of it... hope that ford continues the $500 rebate
Yep - quoted more than $500 below invoice with the rebate on top of that. Basically I'm looking at a $32k MSRP car for $29k - with the rebate on top of that! X-plan on the car was a little above $30k. Gotta love it!

NOW only to wait on my '11 brochure to see if I get another $750 on top of that!!!

Last edited by AusTXMCA; 5/8/10 at 07:37 AM.
Old 5/8/10, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

LMFAO - I have to admit that I love The Rundown

Last edited by AusTXMCA; 5/8/10 at 11:03 AM.
Old 5/8/10, 07:44 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
Yep - quoted more than $500 below invoice with the rebate on top of that. Basically I'm looking at a $32k MSRP car for $29k - with the rebate on top of that! X-plan on the car was a little above $30k. Gotta love it!

NOW only to wait on my '11 brochure to see if I get another $750 on top of that!!!
Without the brochure ($750), that sounds similar to xplan. If you get the coupon and low doc fees then you'll beat xplan.
Old 5/8/10, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by desertMustang
Without the brochure ($750), that sounds similar to xplan. If you get the coupon and low doc fees then you'll beat xplan.
I'm already well below xplan with no rebates or coupons. I saw the build sheet with all the plans pricing.

Last edited by AusTXMCA; 5/8/10 at 09:20 AM.
Old 5/8/10, 10:47 AM

Covert off of 183. I'll send you the sales guy's info
Thanks for the PM, I'm not able to PM you back. Maybe I have to have a certain number of posts before I can. Would be great if I could get similar pricing on ordering one. I like the black one with the MCA package you got pics of, but coming from a black car now I really don't want another one.
Old 5/8/10, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the PM, I'm not able to PM you back. Maybe I have to have a certain number of posts before I can. Would be great if I could get similar pricing on ordering one. I like the black one with the MCA package you got pics of, but coming from a black car now I really don't want another one.
I sent him an email this morning and said a couple of TMS guys might be contacting him. Give him a ring
Old 5/8/10, 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by YardSpecial
Make sure YOU see the paper with the a z d x plan and invoice prices on it. I also ask full price before I agree and always PREAPROVED at the bank ahead of time. Most time they use the same bank. Simple money transfer that way.............

I use X plan when there is rebates, i got $4K off X plan when we bought our 19yrld son the GT/CS.

They TRIED to add crap to the bill, said NO TO ALL.
Good tips! Thanks
Old 5/8/10, 11:07 AM

I sent him an email this morning and said a couple of TMS guys might be contacting him. Give him a ring
I see that Covert is closed on Saturday's, so I will give him a call in the morning. Going to swing by later today and check out the black one you took pics of. Thanks for the info.
Old 5/8/10, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I see that Covert is closed on Saturday's, so I will give him a call in the morning. Going to swing by later today and check out the black one you took pics of. Thanks for the info.
Oh yeah - forgot they open on Sunday to get that biz, since all other dealers in town are closed. Pretty da*n smart!
Old 5/8/10, 11:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A fair deal by any of the online sites, is a few hundred over invoice. For dealers to sell a brand-new product for several hundred under invoice is silly, IMO. I have sold 10 cars at $300 over invoice and no one on here has complained at all. My price is fair and I know Brian will chime in if he gets time to and say the same as his store is a one-price place. The are in the same boat, a few hundred over invoice. A dealership is a business and they should be able to make a few hundred over the invoice price plus holdback, and still discounting the car alot from MSRP. Its no different for any other business. I know I can't get the cost price for any landscaping or for any home improvement. Heck, I can't ask for the cost price on a flat-screen at Best Buy. Same with buying shoes at Footlocker. Just my $.02
Old 5/8/10, 12:07 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
A fair deal by any of the online sites, is a few hundred over invoice. For dealers to sell a brand-new product for several hundred under invoice is silly, IMO. I have sold 10 cars at $300 over invoice and no one on here has complained at all. My price is fair and I know Brian will chime in if he gets time to and say the same as his store is a one-price place. The are in the same boat, a few hundred over invoice. A dealership is a business and they should be able to make a few hundred over the invoice price plus holdback, and still discounting the car alot from MSRP. Its no different for any other business. I know I can't get the cost price for any landscaping or for any home improvement. Heck, I can't ask for the cost price on a flat-screen at Best Buy. Same with buying shoes at Footlocker. Just my $.02
I don't think anyone's saying your store doesn't have a fair deal Jeff.
Old 5/8/10, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't know why people ever bother walking in unless it's to test drive. ALL the salesman try to start from sticker and you have to fight tooth and claw for every hundred below that. Not worth the hassle when internet or fleet sales will often have their first offer be at or below invoice+holdback+fdaf+dest.
Old 5/8/10, 12:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
I don't think anyone's saying your store doesn't have a fair deal Jeff.
I know buddy. I'm just saying in general that dealerships shouldn't give up the farm on a brand-new hot car. When dealers do this around me, it makes my job harder, and not as much fun.
Old 5/8/10, 12:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I know buddy. I'm just saying in general that dealerships shouldn't give up the farm on a brand-new hot car. When dealers do this around me, it makes my job harder, and not as much fun.
Didn't mean any offense at all to other dealers that might be on here. This dealership sells about three times the inventory as the dealer that was offering me X-plan only. I'm all about getting more for my money, so I can put that right back into mods on the car - haha
Old 5/8/10, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

yeah i bought my last stang from covert in austin in 2001. are you talking to the one in austin or the one in hutto? i have talked to somone in hutto. pretty nice guy and shot me a good number. just waiting to job 2.
Old 5/8/10, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by trick25
yeah i bought my last stang from covert in austin in 2001. are you talking to the one in austin or the one in hutto? i have talked to somone in hutto. pretty nice guy and shot me a good number. just waiting to job 2.
Austin - let me know if you want my salesman's info in case they can quote a bit less than their partner dealer up the road
Old 5/8/10, 03:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just noticed on my invoice it has a box marked "X-Plan" and an amount of $27,180.55.
My deal is $100 over invoice which would be $27,113.60.

For some reason I thought X-Plan would have been a slightly better deal, but I guess not.

Doug
Old 5/8/10, 04:20 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
I just noticed on my invoice it has a box marked "X-Plan" and an amount of $27,180.55.
My deal is $100 over invoice which would be $27,113.60.

For some reason I thought X-Plan would have been a slightly better deal, but I guess not.

Doug
X-plan is supposed to be about $150 over invoice depending on options so that is about right.
Old 5/8/10, 04:47 PM

"A fair deal by any of the online sites, is a few hundred over invoice. For dealers to sell a brand-new product for several hundred under invoice is silly, IMO. I have sold 10 cars at $300 over invoice and no one on here has complained at all."

$300 or $400 over invoice seems incredibly fair. I hope I can find a deal similar to what Jeff is offering next month out here in SoCal.

Quick Reply: Just a heads-up to anyone that is buying through X-plan