Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

It's amazing what can change in a year

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/11, 08:24 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's amazing what can change in a year

Don't mean to use this board as a blog, but I can't but reflect on the past year. It was one year ago today that I bought my first new car.

A 2010 Kona blue GT premium, 401a package charcoal with grabber blue accents, 5spd manual, 3.73 gears, and 19" painted aluminum wheels. 20 days late on May 19th some thing happened I never saw coming.

Cruising down a moderately busy road my cousin and I approach a car on the side of the road that was in an earlier accident and a responding officer. I slow down not to rubber neck but out of courtesy to the officer, but some one else couldn't help but rubber neck and turned right in to me. The driver blamed it on glare and decided to follow through with his turn, funny thing is he was wearing sun glasses at the time. Best thing about it was that the responding officer from the previous accident parked where his dash board camera was facing the intersection and caught the accident on video. Neither me nor my cousin were injured but I was a little shook up by the incident especially with such a new car.

The car was totaled with out having to fight with the insurance company and I was unsure about a replacement. I took my time with deciding on another mustang as the 2011s were just starting to hit the lots in the area, and had a hard time finding a 2010 on the lot with the features I wanted. On July 1st I was torn between another 2010 or a sonic blue terminator cobra convertible, I decided I was going to get one that day, and I couldn't agree on a price for the cobra so I went with this:

A grabber blue GT premium just like the Kona that was wrecked, all the same options plus HID headlights(didn't care for them at the time as I prefer the standard headlight housing) and the comfort package. When I decided against the cobra I knew I wouldn't be completely satisfied unless I could enjoy the sweet whine of a roots type supercharger, but I didn't have the cash so I enjoyed as is. Between August and the week of Christmas I treated myself better than I should have,

I added a factory decklid panel, FRPP 18" GT500 wheels with Hankook ventus v12 EVOs 275/45/18s, and a Roush M90 supercharger.

Sorry for such a long post but I've been wanting to post updated pictures of my car with the new mods and I put it off for so long I figured a year from when I bought the first mustang would be appropriate, too bad I forgot to take pictures of the car with the new wheels and the supercharger during the day.
Old 4/29/11, 08:28 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice! Glad everything turned out for the better.
Old 4/29/11, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, first off glad to hear neither of you got hurt. Other than being without a Mustang for a bit it looks like you ended up with an even better car than the previous one. Congrats on a great car.
Old 4/29/11, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Thing's happen fo rthe better sometimes. I had a NICE 88 gt with a complete built engine. Only had it for 1 month when a lady ran the ran light and T- boned me. With my settelment i bought my 2011 GT and im all smiles! This is my 5th mustang and by far my Favorite. Plus it's so much fun(better) to build on your new car as a first owner. Enjoy her!
Old 4/29/11, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ouch, that accident hurt I bet man

Which color do you like better, grabber or Kona blue?
Old 4/29/11, 09:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, you were hit hard. It's hard to forget that sound of crash when hit that hard. I was hit one time like that.

The new car looks great and love the wheels. Glad you are ok too.