Sponsored By:

Ideas or mods for reducing clutch travel or reducing pedal height

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/13, 04:14 PM
sai
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideas or mods for reducing clutch travel or reducing pedal height

Looking for mods or customizations to reduce clutch travel or clutch pedal height, my gt is a dd and I have to drive in downtown and serious city traffic to work everyday, pedal is too high to operate with ankle, I have to lift my entire leg to operate, I have driven manual cars overseas and all those cars have light pedal with low height or pedal travel and I easily operated with my ankle.

I appreciate any ideas.
Old 11/17/13, 04:37 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get a different car for the DD if this is keeping you from driving the Mustang.

There really isn't much of any way to reduce/change/modify or whatever the pedal travel.
Old 11/17/13, 06:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
You could probably get a custom clutch pedal that has a shorter arm which would reduce travel... maybe think of altering your schedule to avoid the traffic? I agree manual cars are no fun in traffic, and I have also driven in Europe with some cars that have excellent trannies/clutches (VW Golf and Honda Accord wagon aka Acura TSX wagon), but keep in mind those are much smaller engines with lower torque and hp, so a lighter clutch setup is typical.

I find the clutch in my GT quite light considering the power it puts down. I liked my aftermarket Audi S4 clutch better, but it was pricey and was a bit heavier than the Mustang setup.
Old 11/17/13, 07:14 PM
sai
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
You could probably get a custom clutch pedal that has a shorter arm which would reduce travel... maybe think of altering your schedule to avoid the traffic? I agree manual cars are no fun in traffic, and I have also driven in Europe with some cars that have excellent trannies/clutches (VW Golf and Honda Accord wagon aka Acura TSX wagon), but keep in mind those are much smaller engines with lower torque and hp, so a lighter clutch setup is typical. I find the clutch in my GT quite light considering the power it puts down. I liked my aftermarket Audi S4 clutch better, but it was pricey and was a bit heavier than the Mustang setup.
My issue is with the pedal travel, not the pedal stiffness, I am looking to find a way to reduce the travel, will Audi s4 pedal assembly fits mustang ?
Old 11/17/13, 07:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by sai
My issue is with the pedal travel, not the pedal stiffness, I am looking to find a way to reduce the travel, will Audi s4 pedal assembly fits mustang ?
I have no idea about interchangeability. Only way to reduce travel that I can think of is to put in a shorter clutch pedal arm. Or a section out of yours and weld it back together...