Sponsored By:

I wish Ford also had this program

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/11, 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy I wish Ford also had this program

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168652

Hey Jaysin, there are a couple of things that we should mention when discussing GMPP licensing and what it means.

The first is availability. When you have a part that is GMPP licensed, the customer now has a ton of options when purchasing. If you live in an area which does not have a recommended Pfadt dealer, you should be able to take a hold of the GMPP catalog from your dealership and place that order right there at the same counter you would go to for ANY replacement GM part. This is huge for the dealer, and the customer.

The second is that the GMPP license carries with it the inherent "stamp of approval" by GM. When GM puts their stamp of approval on a product, they are telling you that they recommend this product, and if there is anything wrong with it, they trust the manufacturer to replace it. It means they have dealt with this company and trust them to have the best products available and outstanding customer service.

The third is warranty related. The warranty work will be just the same as before. When it comes to warranty, it does not fall on their shoulders as part of the agreement. It continues to fall on our shoulders, as it always has. We have been working with GM dealerships who install our stuff on brand new Camaros, and if they ever had a problem, they would call us. The situation would be the same for you. If you take your car into a GM dealership with some sort of problem, if it is with our products, they call us, and we will replace it. It is just that easy. That labor will not be covered unless otherwise noted. Adding these suspension parts to your car will not void any un-related warranty like powertrain/body/interior etc. Specific situations will be addressed on a case by case basis when it comes to suspension. Some dealers like to work with customers on warranty work, some don't. It will always be up to the discretion of the dealer you are working with.

Essentially, when GM decided to install our parts on some car builds last year, including the Camaro SSX, they came to us and wanted to license these components as well because they worked extremely well with what GM was trying to accomplish. Pfadt obviously saw the value in this and knew it was a win-win situation and the result is a full suite of GM-licensed bushings, coilovers etc. that you can count on as being top-notch products that GM recommends.

Does that help answer the question? Let me know if we can clarify anything else.
Old 9/1/11, 04:30 PM
GTR Member

Ford does sort of have a program like that, it is FRPP.

Ford makes very few of the FRPP parts themselves, most are made by vendors.
Old 9/1/11, 04:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's been around forever...
http://www.fordracingparts.com/home/home.asp
Old 9/1/11, 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess, but it would be nice if they license other vendors so you have more choices.
Old 9/1/11, 04:42 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fdjizm
only like 30 plus years
Old 9/1/11, 04:53 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by newpony
I guess, but it would be nice if they license other vendors so you have more choices.
They do, their exhausts are made by Borla.
Old 9/1/11, 04:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too bad my dealer (and FRPP's own web site) claims the FRPP parts are AFTERMARKET and the dealer disclaims any responsibility for them. Sounds very unlike the description of the GM dealer's role re. the GM parts above.
Old 9/1/11, 04:59 PM
Cobra R Member

And the frpp intake is made by steeda.
Double, I was told by two dealers, who are FRPP dealers, that all work done inhouse with any FRPP part is warrantied.
Your dealer must not be an frpp dealer.

Last edited by fdjizm; 9/1/11 at 05:00 PM.
Old 9/1/11, 05:09 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Too bad my dealer (and FRPP's own web site) claims the FRPP parts are AFTERMARKET and the dealer disclaims any responsibility for them. Sounds very unlike the description of the GM dealer's role re. the GM parts above.
Not really, see below from the OP's post:

Some dealers like to work with customers on warranty work, some don't. It will always be up to the discretion of the dealer you are working with.
It's the same thing...
Old 9/1/11, 05:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Not really, see below from the OP's post:

It's the same thing...
Sounds like I need to find a new dealer. The only dealer FRPP lists anywhere NEAR me (within a 2 to 3 hour drive) is a Lincoln dealer tho (not combined with Ford). Very Frustrating!
Old 9/1/11, 05:16 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Sounds like I need to find a new dealer. The only dealer FRPP lists anywhere NEAR me (within a 2 to 3 hour drive) is a Lincoln dealer tho (not combined with Ford). Very Frustrating!
I feel for you man. My dealer said they would service FRPP parts but not any others. Meanwhile some dealers don't care if you've got a tune from Jim-Bob down the block. Just luck of the draw
Old 9/1/11, 06:00 PM
GTR Member

FRPP is nearly the same thing. Instead of the companies selling parts under their name, they re-badge them and package them as FRPP, they are validated by Ford engineers, and come with a warranty/guarantee. Some are direct rebadges, others are specially spec'd items by Ford. Good example of this is the shocks/struts for the Mustang. They are D-specs, but have a unique valving for the FRPP specs.
Old 9/1/11, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

FRPP springs are rebadged Eibach's as well.
Old 9/2/11, 07:51 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey newpony,

Thank you for bringing this up. This is good info for other members when they visit the forum. The other members on the thread are right; Ford Racing Performance Parts is our version of this “program” and has been around for many years. You can get lots of information and locations on where to get their parts and their warranty on their site: http://www.fordracingparts.com/home/home.asp. Remember to always consult with your dealer before adding any mods. Also, they rock too!

Deysha
Old 9/2/11, 07:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I feel for you man. My dealer said they would service FRPP parts but not any others. Meanwhile some dealers don't care if you've got a tune from Jim-Bob down the block. Just luck of the draw
I checked with the aforementioned Lincoln dealer, about 45 minutes away and by far the CLOSEST dealer FRPP lists on their site.

So I talked to their service advisor there - he demonstrated complete familiarity with the FRPP catalog and offered to order me anything out of the FRPP I wanted to order. But Ford corporate has put the FEAR into these dealers about tunes: when I asked him about warranty coverage if I have the Lincoln dealership install the FRPP Performance Pack, guess what he said? The FRPP tune is absolutely AFTERMARKET and the dealer CANNOT install such a thing! Furthermore he said that if I installed it, then my powertrain warranty would be completely void. Period.

So I am not happy, Bob. Not happy. Why oh why is there such fear & loathing by the Ford dealers and Ford corporate over their own frappin' tune?!? With 58,500 more miles to go on my powertrain warranty, I have a LOONG wait until I do anything. Which sucks because with an engine that can run on 87 octane, you KNOW there is plenty of power-increase headroom in the current state of tune.

It's somewhat pathetic to have such a gentle-shifting transmission that it will NOT chirp the tires on any shift, and that's with 412HP and 390 lb-ft. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, ya know?!?

Last edited by Double-EDad; 9/2/11 at 07:44 PM.
Old 9/2/11, 08:16 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The FR3 handling pack from ford racing comes with a 3yr/36k warranty from Ford if a dealer installs it.
Old 9/3/11, 04:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
The FR3 handling pack from ford racing comes with a 3yr/36k warranty from Ford if a dealer installs it.
Good to know. I've been focused on the Perf Pack /Tune, but I can see where they'd be less paranoid about suspension mods.
Old 9/3/11, 04:33 PM
FR500 Member

Good to know. I've been focused on the Perf Pack /Tune, but I can see where they'd be less paranoid about suspension mods.
Originally Posted by FordRacing
Unlike our competitors, all Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealer
linky
Old 9/3/11, 04:48 PM
GTR Member

Sounds like a classic case of dealer misinformation.
Old 9/4/11, 12:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Most everything you buy from FRPP is shipping free! Including wheels, but not all but thats still a great deal, springs for my 11 are $199 w/Free S/H no one around here can beat that..

Quick Reply: I wish Ford also had this program