2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I think I am officially obsessed

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/10 | 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
Haha - we are all a little whacked in the head!

On a side note - dealer called me up yesterday afternoon and told me they got an '11 V6 & GT in - needless to say I was there as soon as I got out of work! First impression - V6 is great - great mellow exhaust note (put the V6 'maro to shame!) - the engine had some great power though it seemed that the gears were a little tall - took just a bit to get to the power - of course that is pretty typical on any v-tech type of set-up or Ti-VCT on the Ford. I was impressed, but not HOLY SH*T floored - I blame myself for hyping it up too much!

Okay - so now...I made the HUGE mistake of driving the GT afterwards....THAT CAR IS INSANELY BAD AS*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW - I mean I felt like I needed a cigarette after driving...yeah - that good!

Alas - I am still going with the 6'er, because I know I don't have enough self control to not get myself into trouble with the 5.0 I know - pathetic. For all of you that are getting one and haven't driven one yet - BE PREPARED TO FALL IN LOVE!
What rear end did the V6 have? 2.73 or 3.31?

Last edited by fritzOSU03; 5/5/10 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 5/5/10 | 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
What rear end did the V6 have? 2.73 or 3.31?
2.73 - was a premium V6 with only auto trans as an option. I imagine you will be able to have a lot more fun with a manual 6'er, but I'm too lazy these days to shift!

AH - forgot to mention that! Both of the ones I drove were autos...man - I can't imagine tearing through the gears on that GT with a stick. The power of that motor in an auto threw you back in your seat!
Old 5/5/10 | 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

2.73 - was a premium V6 with only auto trans as an option. I imagine you will be able to have a lot more fun with a manual 6'er, but I'm too lazy these days to shift!

AH - forgot to mention that! Both of the ones I drove were autos...man - I can't imagine tearing through the gears on that GT with a stick. The power of that motor in an auto threw you back in your seat!
Ok, that makes me feel a bit better. I've got the 6 M/T and the 3.31. On the other hand, if you thought the gears were too tall with the auto and the 2.73 then they're going to be insane on the manual with a 3.31! Shouldn't have too much trouble getting off the line.
Old 5/5/10 | 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better. I've got the 6 M/T and the 3.31. On the other hand, if you thought the gears were too tall with the auto and the 2.73 then they're going to be insane on the manual with a 3.31! Shouldn't have too much trouble getting off the line.
Wonder how much of a difference the 3.31 will make on the gas mileage
Old 5/5/10 | 08:26 AM
V6 Member

And now I'm only getting worse; my ETA is tomorrow.
I hope yours is on time. Everyone's ETA seems to be getting extended.
Mine was:
Ordered-3/1
Built-4/21
Delivery-Dealer said 5/5
Delivery-Ford CS said 5/6
It would make me feel alot better if I heard about others getting theirs.
Old 5/5/10 | 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I hope yours is on time. Everyone's ETA seems to be getting extended.
Mine was:
Ordered-3/1
Built-4/21
Delivery-Dealer said 5/5
Delivery-Ford CS said 5/6
It would make me feel alot better if I heard about others getting theirs.
Mine has been on schedule so far. It shipped on rail from Flat Rock two weeks ago which should get it here any day now. We'll see.
Old 5/5/10 | 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wonder how much of a difference the 3.31 will make on the gas mileage
My guess is about 1.0-1.5 MPG.
Old 5/5/10 | 09:01 AM
Cobra R Member

I have absolutely NO reservations with the V6. I know the GT/5.0 will be an amazing car. But I also know it will be way more power than I need or want. I'll save money on insurance and at the pump. And on spark plugs.

I'm sure I'll miss lots of HP but in the end if I want to go zero to 60 that quickly I'll hop on my motorcycle and blow past every Mustang. Rule #1: There's always something faster. Rule #2: Once you own something faster, there's still something even faster than that. Rule #3: See rule #1.
Old 5/5/10 | 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I have absolutely NO reservations with the V6. I know the GT/5.0 will be an amazing car. But I also know it will be way more power than I need or want. I'll save money on insurance and at the pump. And on spark plugs.

I'm sure I'll miss lots of HP but in the end if I want to go zero to 60 that quickly I'll hop on my motorcycle and blow past every Mustang. Rule #1: There's always something faster. Rule #2: Once you own something faster, there's still something even faster than that. Rule #3: See rule #1.
The only thing that much more power will do is cost me more in gas, insurance & tickets - haha
Old 5/5/10 | 11:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hopefully no one knocks me for this but for me personally, I would still take the GT with even 350 hp, I just want the new engine. Seems like a masterpiece. Not to mention the V8 sound and feel. Is the V6 enough for my daily driving, of course. It's just a lust for the V8. Who knows how long the wife will allow me to keep the car and who knows what the future holds given the economy/fuel demands. This may be the last V8 I ever enjoy. So a V8 is what I will enjoy...for now. BTW thank you Ford for putting out two power plants that get good fuel economy, especially the V8. For those buying a V6, I congradulate you and by the looks of the parts for the cars, the V6 is going to be a great car. A true tribute to the I6's of old. It's about time the V6 looked the part as well!