2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I think I am officially obsessed

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/10 | 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
I swear I refresh my browser every 5 minutes

Haha - just wanted to get comfort from the group that I am not alone in my insane obsession with this da*n car - LOL

i do this with the VIN site...
Old 5/3/10 | 09:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
You are not alone! What site are you looking at showing pics of them being delivered to dealers?
Just for you James! Found a Black MCA edition - http://www.getauto.com/vehicledetail...ang/waldorf/md

Looks good with those sterling gray wheels!
Old 5/3/10 | 10:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Been checking out cars.com, autotrader.com, getauto.com - new pics are rolling in every couple of hours...at least the dealers that aren't lazy and don't post a STUPID generic stock photo

See how quick I responded! HAHA
never knew of getauto.com...found these pics...thxs

http://www.getauto.com/vehicledetail...v6/leesburg/va

http://www.getauto.com/vehicledetail...cpe/lebanon/oh

http://www.getauto.com/vehicledetail...ang/waldorf/md

http://www.getauto.com/vehicledetail...500/milford/oh

Old 5/3/10 | 11:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
My wife finally got tired of me talking about them also. It wasn't the prettiest of our days.
That's why I'm glad I'm still single.
Old 5/4/10 | 06:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
They're just jealous, Hokie.

I'm a bit over obsessed myself. I regularly refresh the Ford vehicle website with my VIN plugged in waiting for the sticker to show up. Eheh.
LMAO... I did that too until it finally showed up. And TODAY is the day she gets built. Born?
Old 5/4/10 | 06:10 AM
Cobra R Member

OK, that Black MCA just looks stupid. No offense if any of you bought one but between the tape stripe and the rear black-out, it just seems like someone forgot to mention "you won't actually notice the extra $995 you're paying for on this car." I truly hope it's more distinctive on the Kona Blue.
Old 5/4/10 | 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
OK, that Black MCA just looks stupid. No offense if any of you bought one but between the tape stripe and the rear black-out, it just seems like someone forgot to mention "you won't actually notice the extra $995 you're paying for on this car." I truly hope it's more distinctive on the Kona Blue.
Same reason I didn't go for the Black Cali Special. I saw a black 2008 cali special on the road the other day and I could just barely see the tape stripe.
Old 5/4/10 | 07:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just for you James! Found a Black MCA edition - http://www.getauto.com/vehicledetail...ang/waldorf/md

Looks good with those sterling gray wheels!
It does look nice, thanks. The other link didn't work but I saw this one second.

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Sorry but I don't think the tape stripes make up the $995 price tag; the wheels, grille, and fogs probably make up the majority of that price. I ordered black but with the tape delete. I'll snap some pics of it when it comes in.
Old 5/4/10 | 07:50 AM
Bullitt Member

It does look nice, thanks. The other link didn't work but I saw this one second.

Sorry but I don't think the tape stripes make up the $995 price tag; the wheels, grille, and fogs probably make up the majority of that price. I ordered black but with the tape delete. I'll snap some pics of it when it comes in.
Tape stripe delete is DEFINITELY the way to go - that is the only thing I don't like about the MCA pack...the wheels & grille are what did it for me...much better than the pony pack IMO

Now if I could only find a pic of a Perfomance White MCA
Old 5/4/10 | 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

=
Love the MCA in Grabber - good combo!
Old 5/4/10 | 08:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Personally, I like the satin black stipes on a black car ... who cares if they don't contrast much it looks stealthy.

Contrast on Kona will not be as obvious as on a lighter color, but it will be way more than black ... I think it will look good and be a little stealthy too.

Doug
Old 5/4/10 | 08:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Good point, James but the rear black-out still looks "matte" on an otherwise very nice black. If I had black I'd want as much of it to reflect those Camaro headlights as possible.

Very good call on the tape stripe delete. I did that too but my dealer apparently didn't get it in on time. So I'll do it myself.
Old 5/4/10 | 09:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Stripe delete saves you nothing and taking them off yourself is not difficult ... so I don't quite understand what the big deal is.

Not like anyone on this site has had a chance to see these black stripes in person on Kona (or Black for that matter) ... never know, you may actually like them !!

Doug
Old 5/4/10 | 09:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
Stripe delete saves you nothing and taking them off yourself is not difficult ... so I don't quite understand what the big deal is.

Not like anyone on this site has had a chance to see these black stripes in person on Kona (or Black for that matter) ... never know, you may actually like them !!

Doug
The stripe ISN'T a big deal, Doug. It's asking your dealer (who you're paying) to do something and they fail to do it.

I didn't like the stripes to start with regardless of color (although on GB I have to admit it looks "not bad.") Just not for me. On Kona they'll be much more subtle. Except I won't have them.
Old 5/5/10 | 05:45 AM

I say this to myself pretty much everyday. You're not alone, promise.
Old 5/5/10 | 06:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

And now I'm only getting worse; my ETA is tomorrow.
Old 5/5/10 | 07:28 AM
GT Member

Now I know why so many people keep yelling at me to "shut up" when I say "Mustang"! Why aren't they as excited! I also printed out the Mustang brochure and I sleep with it. My wife gets pissed because I look at the pages and drool. Yep, I'm there!
Old 5/5/10 | 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Old Shadow
Now I know why so many people keep yelling at me to "shut up" when I say "Mustang"! Why aren't they as excited! I also printed out the Mustang brochure and I sleep with it. My wife gets pissed because I look at the pages and drool. Yep, I'm there!
I know what you mean. I feel sorry for my co-workers. I'm pretty sure they think I'm completely obnoxious by now!
Old 5/5/10 | 07:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Haha - we are all a little whacked in the head!

On a side note - dealer called me up yesterday afternoon and told me they got an '11 V6 & GT in - needless to say I was there as soon as I got out of work! First impression - V6 is great - great mellow exhaust note (put the V6 'maro to shame!) - the engine had some great power though it seemed that the gears were a little tall - took just a bit to get to the power - of course that is pretty typical on any v-tech type of set-up or Ti-VCT on the Ford. I was impressed, but not HOLY SH*T floored - I blame myself for hyping it up too much!

Okay - so now...I made the HUGE mistake of driving the GT afterwards....THAT CAR IS INSANELY BAD AS*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW - I mean I felt like I needed a cigarette after driving...yeah - that good!

Alas - I am still going with the 6'er, because I know I don't have enough self control to not get myself into trouble with the 5.0 I know - pathetic. For all of you that are getting one and haven't driven one yet - BE PREPARED TO FALL IN LOVE!
Old 5/5/10 | 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

If you don't **** off your coworkers you're not excited enough. This is a huge investment and just a marvel of modern technology and they need to understand that through constant reminders.

Quick Reply: I think I am officially obsessed