Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I love the mustang community...

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/10, 05:39 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the mustang community...

When we're not ^%&$*in over IRS vs. SRA, '05-'09 vs. '10+, and manual vs. auto its a pretty cool group to be in.

Just yesterday I was leaving the grocery store backing out of my spot when a white '04 Cobra vert turns down my aisle. Simultaneously his face and mine both light up like Christmas trees. He's excited to see my 5.0 and I'm excited to see his Termi. We both start rollin our windows down and we're both putting thumbs up in the air smiling and nodding. Two grown freaking men acting like kids in a candy store who just got told they could have a piece. That my friends is what its all about.
Old 9/7/10, 05:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you guys discussed the possibility of doing the groceries together next time. Just sayin' .....
That's a cool story bro, keep 'em coming.
Old 9/7/10, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
When we're not ^%&$*in over IRS vs. SRA, '05-'09 vs. '10+, and manual vs. auto its a pretty cool group to be in.

Just yesterday I was leaving the grocery store backing out of my spot when a white '04 Cobra vert turns down my aisle. Simultaneously his face and mine both light up like Christmas trees. He's excited to see my 5.0 and I'm excited to see his Termi. We both start rollin our windows down and we're both putting thumbs up in the air smiling and nodding. Two grown freaking men acting like kids in a candy store who just got told they could have a piece. That my friends is what its all about.
Way better story than a camaro coming down the aisle , turning into a giant transformer thing and throwing your car into a drainage ditch.

All joking aside I can't wait to join the community. ( about 1 week left )
Old 9/7/10, 08:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You ar correct. I was just at the Sturgis Mustang Rally, and what a great bunch of people. It didn't matter what you had, as long as it was a Mustang!!
Old 9/7/10, 08:54 PM
GT Member

I get people in other mustangs along the road waving to me on a daily basis...pretty cool =)

I also make lots of road trips dues to my job (Had my car almost 2 months, already 5000 miles) and I always come along other mustangs on the highway...about 60% of the time we tend to convoy together and take turns playing with radar luck. The biggest highway convoy I've collected into so far is about 5 mustangs. Its def a community weather you know the other owners or not =)
Old 9/7/10, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

We're a great and diverse group of people
and i'm happy to be a member.

I've met so many cool people in just
random moments, not to even mention
my fellow forum mates, owning Mustangs
has been a great experience.

Now if I can just make it into the Ford Gt club I'll be
a happy man.
Old 9/7/10, 11:17 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ive had 3-4 people come into my job, and ask who owns the mustang outside which then builds into me showing them around the car. I actually had one guy show up with a camera and introduce himself as kevin "a mustang enthusiast" lol
Old 9/8/10, 12:25 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by super6stang

Now if I can just make it into the Ford Gt club I'll be
a happy man.
No kidding Brandon, now thats an exclusive club!

I really need to start goign to some stang meets to get a convoy of stangs goin. Haven't had that experience yet...
Old 9/8/10, 08:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Up here all the GTs/Cobras rev and try to race me. I guess that's what happens when your car looks fast...

The Camaro drivers do the same, and actually the other night an IS F tried to get me to race. OKAYYY haha. But really, most Mustang owners up here are asshats. I wish I could rev back at them.
Old 9/8/10, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

^ lol i had an IS F race me.....in my truck hahaha we were even for a while then around 70 mph the aerodynamics of my truck were holding me back.
Old 9/8/10, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
Up here all the GTs/Cobras rev and try to race me. I guess that's what happens when your car looks fast...

The Camaro drivers do the same, and actually the other night an IS F tried to get me to race. OKAYYY haha. But really, most Mustang owners up here are asshats. I wish I could rev back at them.

It's sort of like the big brother (GT, Cobra's) picking and beating up on the little brother (V6's).

Believe me I use to get it all the time when I rode in my 2005 V6 Mustang.
Old 9/8/10, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

when i had my 05 V6 i had it modded (visually modded) pretty crazy. I had quite a few guys ask if it was a cobra.......lol cuz there were 05 cobras. well i was at in n out with my friend one night and a guy in a 05-06 GT is talking crap, saying it looks dumb and theres no 05 SVT cuz I had SVT badges on the sides. He had no idea it was a V6. So we raced and suprsingly I beat him. me and my buddy are cracking up and when he catches up at a light we say "you wanna race my GT now? This is a V6!!!!!!!!!!" he is so suprised he just takes off lol Ill never forget that night. How does a GT lose to a V6 with exhaust and intake? lol
Old 9/8/10, 09:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah definitely. But a lot of the musclecar owners in the Bay Area, or at least where I live, are members of certain clubs that street race and start up sideshows, etc. We, thanks to them, don't have the best reputation now, as far as car clubs go. But it is nice when you run in to some of the other normal/more mature guys that give you a thumbs up or strike up a conversation about your rides.
Old 9/8/10, 11:34 AM
GT Member

It's great to be in the community of Mustang owners. I also own a Jeep and you know how much they wave. I belong to a Jeep club and a Mustang club. Stay pretty busy with both but have meet life long friends. I get some waves from other Mustang owners, usually the modded ones or new ones. On the highway I have run for miles with two or three. But I usually stay at the limit. Too many tickets!
Old 9/8/10, 01:17 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Yeah definitely. But a lot of the musclecar owners in the Bay Area, or at least where I live, are members of certain clubs that street race and start up sideshows, etc. We, thanks to them, don't have the best reputation now, as far as car clubs go. But it is nice when you run in to some of the other normal/more mature guys that give you a thumbs up or strike up a conversation about your rides.
yeah I've seen some of the bay stang clubs. Stang up? hahahahahahahaha
Old 9/8/10, 10:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I wasn't going to call them out by name...but yeah.
Old 9/9/10, 12:28 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Sorry Pat, I couldn't resist lol. I could prolly get along with those guys, but I wouldnt be out there ghost ridin or puttin on 22s lol