Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I have the worst luck.

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/13, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the worst luck.

A much as I love cars, I really seem predestined to not have any luck with them.

I had been pretty frustrated after fighting to install some steeda front lcas, just to find out they caused a major steering malfunction and the fix was $1000. Additionally, the tiger hood is still at the painters shop for its 4th pass at paint, something seemingly so simple had become a nightmare. So the car has been sitting unfinished, but at least I could drive it.

Well, to make matters worse, that black cloud that follows me caught up again in the form of this:

I have the worst luck.-image-3934928498.jpg

I haven't called my insurance yet, I don't have all the details other than it was hit while parked. I just can't catch a break. Is this repairable? Or will the car now have a "good side" and a bad side? I'm just hoping that a shop can get the body lines right and not botch up the paint on the car (which is what has been happening for months on the front end).

Damnit. :/
Old 7/21/13, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow. You do have bad luck. Stay away from my car haha. What happened with the LCA's that required $1000 fix? Did you contact Steeda about it? Also Im guessing that the hood is having problems getting the color to match?

Good luck with getting the rear fixed.
Old 7/21/13, 11:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Bad news indeed Chris. I surely hope the body shop can fix that beauty to your satisfaction.

Also, it may be time to get Mother Rudolf to swing a dead chicken over you to rid youself of that unlucky streak. Any port in the storm you know......May good luck disperse that black cloud.

Last edited by wanted33; 7/21/13 at 11:46 AM.
Old 7/21/13, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I need to get the m-3200-epas rack to quell shudder issues from the stock rack.

Doing some research, this will be a collision claim for me, and I guess it could affect my premiums. Going to get a quote on what the damage is before deciding anything but I bet it's pretty pricey given the paint to two panels and blend, bodywork involved, and decals (plus any additional damage under the structure).
Old 7/21/13, 11:51 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm amazed at how common it is for people to hit a car and take off. My v6 has been hit 3 times parked and the person took off. It pisses me off.
Old 7/21/13, 12:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That panel will be fixed to looks brand new, the only question to me would be will the paint match, I just went through that very thing. Is that the problem with the good as well?
Old 7/21/13, 12:16 PM
GT Member

My car's not a daily driver so it's easy for me to be particular about where I park it. I never park it anywhere near another car or anywhere I can't see it. Maybe it's jealousy, I don't know, but some people consciously or unconsciously seem to only damage the nice cars.
Old 7/21/13, 01:43 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that sucks dude!
Old 7/21/13, 05:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Looks like someone with a trailer hitch backed into you? Similar thing happened to me with my Jeep about 2 months after I bought it. I was also not pleased - seems no one is willing to take responsibility for their actions now-a-days. Very sad

I live in fear when I take my car out in public and have to park.

Hope it gets fixed quickly
Old 7/21/13, 06:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
is this the metallic yellow blaze color??
Old 7/21/13, 06:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptDistraction
I haven't called my insurance yet, I don't have all the details other than it was hit while parked. I just can't catch a break. Is this repairable? Or will the car now have a "good side" and a bad side? I'm just hoping that a shop can get the body lines right and not botch up the paint on the car (which is what has been happening for months on the front end).

Damnit. :/
I'm with ya on the bad luck. However, the good thing is, your car is totally repairable and can be made good as new. I got rear-ended a few months ago and had damage similar to you, plus a lot of other damage. I detailed it all here: https://themustangsource.com/f726/my...highlight=luck Hopefully that thread can help you a bit.
Old 7/21/13, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

**** sorry to hear that man. On such a nice Boss. Hope your luck turns around. Ridiculous how people can do things like this and just drive away! Were there any cameras around? Maybe different body shop will be able to color match better. Good luck!
Old 7/21/13, 07:39 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
sorry to see, but think a shop should be able to fix that pretty easy, let them know up front you wont settle/want the paint good perfect as it was, if that means blending half the car or more, so be it...cheaper for them to get it right the first time with whatever it takes than having to do over like your hood...if the hoods still not what you want, maybe shoot the whole car?

heres to better luck down the road- in the grand scheme of things, things can be worse, dont let it beat you down... back in 98 my newborn was going in for heart surgery, the first night in the NICU saw two little ones not make it- any time I'm 'having a bad day/rotten luck' try to remember some lifetimes are measured in minutes or hours, so bad luck or not, I got too much to be thankful for/no room to complain... our sons 15 now, teenage attitude and all at times, life is good- yes better when your nice mustang hasnt been hurt, but - still good

thank God in a year, most of todays disasters will be a distant memory - hope they get everything fixed to your satisfaction soon
Old 7/21/13, 08:50 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All those special Ford tinted clear coat colors like Yellow Blaze, GHIg and such are almost impossible to get a good color match. And there won't be any blending, they will have to paint the whole panel and try and match it to the ones next to it. Probably have to repaint the whole car to get the color to match.

Makes you want to catch the people who hit and run and beat the hell out of them.
Old 7/21/13, 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
All those special Ford tinted clear coat colors like Yellow Blaze, GHIg and such are almost impossible to get a good color match. And there won't be any blending, they will have to paint the whole panel and try and match it to the ones next to it. Probably have to repaint the whole car to get the color to match.

Makes you want to catch the people who hit and run and beat the hell out of them.
They are impossible to match your right, but there actually is blending for those colors.
Old 7/21/13, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
almost impossible to get a good color match. And there won't be any blending, they will have to paint the whole panel and try and match it to the ones next to it. Probably have to repaint the whole car to get the color to match.

I had the whole side of my never damaged legend lime repainted when the dealer dropped a floor jack handle into my drivers door and quarter panel. Paint matched very good but clear coat will always be a shade dark and you can only tell the slight difference from the quarter to the rear bumper skin in certain light.
Old 7/21/13, 09:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Lime GT

I had the whole side of my never damaged legend lime repainted when the dealer dropped a floor jack handle into my drivers door and quarter panel. Paint matched very good but clear coat will always be a shade dark and you can only tell the slight difference from the quarter to the rear bumper skin in certain light.
That's exactly how my ghig re paint worked out. Can only see it wrong looking back at it from the doors.
Old 7/21/13, 10:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
sorry to see, but think a shop should be able to fix that pretty easy, let them know up front you wont settle/want the paint good perfect as it was, if that means blending half the car or more, so be it...cheaper for them to get it right the first time with whatever it takes than having to do over like your hood...if the hoods still not what you want, maybe shoot the whole car?

heres to better luck down the road- in the grand scheme of things, things can be worse, dont let it beat you down... back in 98 my newborn was going in for heart surgery, the first night in the NICU saw two little ones not make it- any time I'm 'having a bad day/rotten luck' try to remember some lifetimes are measured in minutes or hours, so bad luck or not, I got too much to be thankful for/no room to complain... our sons 15 now, teenage attitude and all at times, life is good- yes better when your nice mustang hasnt been hurt, but - still good

thank God in a year, most of todays disasters will be a distant memory - hope they get everything fixed to your satisfaction soon
For sure, things could be a lot worse. I'm in a growing company, work hard, get to work weekends in professional racing, own my own home, etc.

Its just a bummer the one car I own that I work so hard on seems to have such bad luck around it.

I'll call my insurance in the morning to get the ball rolling.
Old 7/21/13, 11:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Now that it's been damaged, you won't worry as much any more and it probably will never be damaged again. That's the way I view my car.
Old 7/22/13, 05:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I'm amazed at how common it is for people to hit a car and take off. My v6 has been hit 3 times parked and the person took off. It pisses me off.
Because they don't carry the required insurance. This used to be checked when states had inspections; now most have dropped them.

Sure, it's against the law to drive without insurance, but so is speeding, racing on public streets, the list goes on. So many of us break these laws and think nothing of it, until our ride is effected.

Sorry for your loss Captain, as you seem to be one of the good guys that keeps the racing to the tracks, and does not deserve that black cloud lurking over your shoulder.

Quick Reply: I have the worst luck.