2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I hate to be the noob but

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/12, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteGT
Yeah, it's really hard to find a loaded manual GT even. It took me forever to track one down. You'll really enjoy the performance pack v6. 0-60 in 5.2 and 29 MPG are pretty hard to beat. I'm lucky to get 21 in my 3.73 5.0. LOL

You'll definitely get a coupon in one of those brochures. I think the second one I got had the coupon. Make sure you mention you have the 750 private cash when you order. If it expires before your car comes in, they will still honor it. I'm not sure how it works if you order before the coupon is entered in the system. You might want to ask 05fordgt exactly how that works. I know they can look it up in the VINCENT system even if you didn't get the coupon in the mail yet as long as it's been generated.
Yes I'm so excited! It's going to be a looooong two months. Weird thing is that I've heard bad things about the dealer I went to and I was just like thinking how they will show no respect since I'm just 20 looking for a brand new sports car, but they treated me with such respect and the first thing the salesman did was ask me about the coupon and looked me up without me asking. I really love the sterling grey too but there are tons of those around here, no blue and it really pops in person. Thanks for all the help by the way guys.

One last question though, how does ordering work regarding paying and all that? I just pay $500 down and then talk about financing when the car is picked up or when I make the order?
Old 8/15/12, 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

when picked up..
Old 8/15/12, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got my brochures today. Ordered about 10 of them over the course of a few days. Two came today, one with a coupon and one without. They expire in October so I'm going to order a few more in 2 weeks just so I don't have to worry about an expired coupon when I go pick it up.
Old 8/15/12, 08:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
You should be able to lock your discount in. My stang took 13 weeks after order. The dealer can do this as the discount costs the dealer nothing. Its a ford discount.
Old 8/15/12, 11:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dusman59
You should be able to lock your discount in. My stang took 13 weeks after order. The dealer can do this as the discount costs the dealer nothing. Its a ford discount.
I hope mine doesn't take 13 weeks, I'll die
Old 8/15/12, 11:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rando
I got my brochures today. Ordered about 10 of them over the course of a few days. Two came today, one with a coupon and one without. They expire in October so I'm going to order a few more in 2 weeks just so I don't have to worry about an expired coupon when I go pick it up.
I ordered over 10, so let's see if I get lucky
Old 8/15/12, 03:30 PM
Banned

Just an update, guy said he can't honor my coupon if its after 10/10 which will be cutting it close for my car :/

Came out to 27k out the door with tax and everything
Old 8/15/12, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
Just an update, guy said he can't honor my coupon if its after 10/10 which will be cutting it close for my car :/

Came out to 27k out the door with tax and everything
details, final color and options?
Old 8/15/12, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GreenCars
details, final color and options?
2013 v6 premium in impact blue metallic
sattle interior
performance package
manual

That's it! Don't need anything else completely happy with my purchase, 27k including the rebates, shipping, state tax, tag, title, transfer, everything.

Bad thing is that my coupon expires 10/15 and he said they will not honor it if it expires so I will order like 10 more at the end of September. He also told me if rebates go up by the time I pick my car up, I will get them. Dealer fee was waived thanks to the x plan !
What is the fuel charge?
BTW I haven't signed it YET, I will tomorrow, but I'm looking at the " Vehicle order confirmation" and it says the charges are as follows
v6 coupe prem dealer inv 24170
v6 perform pkg 1781
fuel charge 59.68
adv assessment 423
dest and deliv 795

Shouldn't it all be included in the "invoice" ? I mean this paper says this is not an invoice so is that ok ? I just don't wanna be ripped off.

Last edited by mopar?; 8/15/12 at 07:33 PM.
Old 8/15/12, 10:08 PM
GT Member

sattle interior
performance package
manual

That's it! Don't need anything else completely happy with my purchase, 27k including the rebates, shipping, state tax, tag, title, transfer, everything.

Bad thing is that my coupon expires 10/15 and he said they will not honor it if it expires so I will order like 10 more at the end of September. He also told me if rebates go up by the time I pick my car up, I will get them. Dealer fee was waived thanks to the x plan !
What is the fuel charge?
BTW I haven't signed it YET, I will tomorrow, but I'm looking at the " Vehicle order confirmation" and it says the charges are as follows
v6 perform pkg 1781
fuel charge 59.68
adv assessment 423
dest and deliv 795

Shouldn't it all be included in the "invoice" ? I mean this paper says this is not an invoice so is that ok ? I just don't wanna be ripped off.
I don't think they're right about the coupon. As long as you have a valid coupon at the time of ordering, they should be able to honor it even if it expires. You might have to wait to order until you actually have the coupon, though.

Why don't you PM 05fordGT in the forum here. He's a Ford salesman, Mustang nut, and seems to be a straight shooter. I'm sure he can tell you if the X-plan price is correct.
Old 8/15/12, 11:38 PM
Banned

I don't think they're right about the coupon. As long as you have a valid coupon at the time of ordering, they should be able to honor it even if it expires. You might have to wait to order until you actually have the coupon, though.

Why don't you PM 05fordGT in the forum here. He's a Ford salesman, Mustang nut, and seems to be a straight shooter. I'm sure he can tell you if the X-plan price is correct.
Will do, just sent him a PM
Old 8/16/12, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

sattle interior
performance package
manual

What is the fuel charge?
v6 perform pkg 1781
fuel charge 59.68
adv assessment 423
dest and deliv 795

I haven't had to sign anything yet and no one has mentioned it. I had to initial my options on the order form/invoice thingy because people always order a car and when something is missing they blame the dealership. My salesman said we sign when the car is on the lot.
Old 8/16/12, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rando
I haven't had to sign anything yet and no one has mentioned it. I had to initial my options on the order form/invoice thingy because people always order a car and when something is missing they blame the dealership. My salesman said we sign when the car is on the lot.
Well I told another ford dealer up the road the price they gave me and they're like that's fine and that's x-plan, but if you sign the deal and make the order and deposit today ( $ 1000 ) then I will knock an extra $500 off the price
So I did that and he said they are losing money on the deal since that's well below both invoice and x plan and they lost money but they are fine since they sold a car and he said I was very slick New price is 26.5k conceived 8/16. He also said itll be the only one with those options in the whole south
Old 8/16/12, 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I told another ford dealer up the road the price they gave me and they're like that's fine and that's x-plan, but if you sign the deal and make the order and deposit today ( $ 1000 ) then I will knock an extra $500 off the price
So I did that and he said they are losing money on the deal since that's well below both invoice and x plan and they lost money but they are fine since they sold a car and he said I was very slick New price is 26.5k conceived 8/16. He also said itll be the only one with those options in the whole south
I seriously doubt he lost money. There's always holdback
Old 8/16/12, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowRiderr
I seriously doubt he lost money. There's always holdback
Yeah well they gave me $500 of the 700 they get for holdback.
Old 8/16/12, 10:45 PM
GT Member

Yeah well they gave me $500 of the 700 they get for holdback.
It sounds like you're doing pretty well, but you don't have to worry about them going hungry. They're not losing money. The holdback on your car is probably closer to $900 than $700. It's based off MSRP, and if they're a high volume dealer, they probably have some other hidden incentives from Ford. I'd say they're making $400 to $500 on the deal, which is fair to them. Watch out for doc fees. Some dealers will try to tack on 500 bucks or more of doc fees. With an X-plan based deal, the max they can charge is $100.

Good job on getting them to eat into their holdback. That's usually a hard thing to do on a current model year car.
Old 8/17/12, 01:34 AM
Banned

It sounds like you're doing pretty well, but you don't have to worry about them going hungry. They're not losing money. The holdback on your car is probably closer to $900 than $700. It's based off MSRP, and if they're a high volume dealer, they probably have some other hidden incentives from Ford. I'd say they're making $400 to $500 on the deal, which is fair to them. Watch out for doc fees. Some dealers will try to tack on 500 bucks or more of doc fees. With an X-plan based deal, the max they can charge is $100.

Good job on getting them to eat into their holdback. That's usually a hard thing to do on a current model year car.
Yeah that's true, but oh well I don't care how much they make lol, just glad I'm only gonna pay 26k for a loaded v6 premium mustang made to order. He said that if rebates go up by when I pick it up, they will reduce the price. There are no doc fees with this one nor a dealer fee, they had to take many of the fees off to get me to such a low price, without an x plan or rebates the car was close to 31k . Thanks for everyone who helped me out on the forum to make the purchase !