Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I was going to get a camaro 2lt v6 but now...

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I was going to get a camaro 2lt v6 but now...

i am thinking of a Dub v6 grabber blue with nav

the camaro looks better then the mustang
but mustang is better in everyway

when are they going to give out a price for the dub mustang?or more pics?i want to see it in blue

are you guys buying the v6s at invoice or below?

How many mpg are you getting with the new v6?

How is the nav?worth it?good reception?how much is the monthly fee?

Thanks for the help
Old 5/21/10, 05:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Travis64

when are they going to give out a price for the dub mustang?or more pics?i want to see it in blue

Thanks for the help
Well said. And true. :-)

I got my V6 on X-plan. Just a tad over invoice but after rebates, well, well, well below.

Just saw today some V6's are getting 34-36 MPG highway. OK, well at last one. About low 20s around town.

No fee for the NAV -- it's internal. Any fee you add is for Sirius TraveLink.
Old 5/21/10, 06:06 PM

Thank you

how much is travel link after 6mnths?

How do u get xplan?
Old 5/21/10, 06:06 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I drove a V6 Chally yesterday for fun. $23k sticker. Only 26 hiway mpg if I remember right - nowhere near 30. First time I'd sat in one and it is roomy. The back seats look like they'd actually be comfortable because of the room. Handled pretty nice on some on ramp curves though I didn't get to try it aggressively on 2 lane twisties. The auto stick was fun - sort of like a paddle shifter.
That pushrod V6 pulled strong and steady thru the power band all the way to 6500. But what was missing was that 'jet take off' feel my B gives starting about 3800 to 4k.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/10 at 06:07 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 06:15 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Thanks for the help
Aesthetics are subjective and something that can't be quantified like performance figures. Personally, I think the novelty of the Camaro's cartoon-y design has worn off. I'm confident that I'm not the only one, either.
Old 5/21/10, 06:18 PM
V6 Member

I'd have to go with the Stang, homer pick. The performance is just much better than the heavy chevy.

You can't go wrong with either one though.
Old 5/21/10, 07:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Thank you

how much is travel link after 6mnths?

How do u get xplan?
Sirius Travel Link is $5.99/month if you have a Sirius radio subscription. The radio subscription comes free with the car for the first 6 months.

X-plan can be obtained through a group or employer offering it. I got mine through the Experimental Aircraft Association for $40/year but you have to be a member for a year. I've been subscribing for like 6 years and have used it twice now. Well worth the lack of hassle (no $599 doc fee tricks -- they're fixed at $275 TOTAL admin+doc fees.)
Old 5/21/10, 07:28 PM

U cant talk the dealers out of the 599 doc fee?i have with every other i got new but have not got a new ford just used

has any1 had any problems with the nav?i have a garmin but loses signal in nyc

does the nav play dvds?thanks
Old 5/21/10, 07:32 PM
Cobra R Member

U cant talk the dealers out of the 599 doc fee?i have with every other i got new but have not got a new ford just used

has any1 had any problems with the nav?i have a garmin but loses signal in nyc

does the nav play dvds?thanks
Most dealers play the "all customers pay the $599 fee, we can't waive it." I've never paid it because I leave those dealerships.

Pretty sure the Nav is hard-drive based.

I'm sure if the Garmin loses signal in NYC in the urban canyon any nav system will. I believe NASA is still working on the "see through concrete and steel" antenna for consumer applications.
Old 5/21/10, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, the nav system plays dvd's and I have not had any issues with it loosing signal
Old 5/21/10, 07:40 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't know if its related but my new 'winter car' (brand X) looses Sirius signal regularly here in the mountains. I'm surprised.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/10 at 08:10 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MARZ
Aesthetics are subjective and something that can't be quantified like performance figures. Personally, I think the novelty of the Camaro's cartoon-y design has worn off. I'm confident that I'm not the only one, either.
Yesterday I parked my '94 RX7 next to a new Camaro; the Camaro looked so big that I thought it would have made the perfect car for Fatty Arbuckle: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...have-a-toilet/ Check it out (also the BIG wheels).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21688809@N02/4436942141/

Last edited by PaulVincent; 5/21/10 at 08:11 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 08:57 PM

I was a Mustang nut who swapped over to Camaros about 10 years ago and you won't find anyone who loved the Camaro more than me when it was introduced, but I agree 100% the styling is getting old quickly and it looks more bloated and cartoonish to me by the day. I guess that is one benefit of being laid off last year, had I not I would have undoubtedly been amongst the first to buy the new Camaro and buyer's remorse would certainly be settling in by now. Once the novelty of the styling wears off you're still left with all the compromises it required, like the beltline that comes all the way up to your neck and the visibility of a Sherman tank. If you're a teenager looking to be the BMOC this car is probably at the top of your wish list but I personally am at the point where I'm more concerned with the overall driving experience than I am about being gawked at by strangers at every red light and parking lot. And in terms of driving experience (not to mention interior) the new Mustang is clearly the better car as it stands currently.
Old 5/23/10, 07:02 AM
V6 Member

Are you speaking of a new Camaro? V6 is a twin-cam engine.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I drove a V6 Chally yesterday for fun. $23k sticker. Only 26 hiway mpg if I remember right - nowhere near 30. That pushrod V6 pulled strong and steady

Last edited by Palmateer; 5/23/10 at 07:02 AM. Reason: spell
Old 5/23/10, 03:24 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Palmateer
Are you speaking of a new Camaro? V6 is a twin-cam engine.
"Chally" = Dodge Challenger
Old 5/23/10, 03:47 PM

will the 3.31 still get 31 19mpg?
Old 5/23/10, 04:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

will the 3.31 still get 31 19mpg?
Probably 1-2 MPG less for each.
Old 5/23/10, 04:36 PM

that sucks...cant wait to see the time diff for 0-60 on the 3.31 vs 2.7
Old 5/23/10, 04:40 PM
Cobra R Member

"Chally" = Dodge Challenger
thought the 3.5 was a ohc motor as well?
Old 5/23/10, 05:18 PM
GT Member

I agree ...although I think the kids enjoy cartoons more than adults, thus the Camaro styling may have a longer life with them. Still, I agree with what Motor Trend wrote in their July 2010 issue (excerpt below):

"But on the negative side of the ledger, most editors agreed the styling of the Camaro car has grown old quickly, or at least it isn't compelling enough to make us forgive the huge penalties the cartoonish proportions exact on the packaging.

The Normandy pillbox visibility and redwood-trunk A-pillars make it difficult to look ahead through left-turn apexes, the gauge fonts and location make them hard to read, and the exaggerated and oversized steering wheel rim and shifter make the driver feel small (aren't these cars supposed to do the opposite?).

The Mustang feels like a scalpel; the Camaro a hammer. Camaro feels like a concept car or a toy. Fun in a big plastic Lego blocks kinda way, but certainly not the kind of place you'd like to spend a lot of time. It's the one I'd want to rent for a weekend trip, not live with. (ouch!)

The galloping-away winner this time out is the Ford Mustang GT. It's simply the one pony car most of us covet, and it's the one that hews closest to the original concept of a lightweight (they weren't called draft-horse cars, after all), nimble body and chassis choc-full-o' V-8 muscle. You can see out of it, you get a nice view of the hood and the driving line you're trying to trace, and the engine sounds better than the radio."

Quick Reply: I was going to get a camaro 2lt v6 but now...