2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

How's your A/C?

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/14, 11:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Had my 11 GT a couple weeks now. I've noticed that if the interior isn't too hot to start with it works fairly well. It easily freezes me out in the morning here in Houston. At the end of the day, however, after its been sitting outside at work....It takes forever to cool down. I get at least halfway home before its comfortable again.
Old 7/12/14, 12:29 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
Nice Formula, I'd drive the Mustang because it's easier to replace if something goes wrong.
Thanks. I've had it since new and driven it most winters (except when I'm working away where there isn't snow). No kidding on the Mustang being easier to replace..... the Formula is 1 of 231 since its a 75th Anniversary Package (75th of Pontiac, not Firebird).

Last edited by VIP1; 7/12/14 at 12:33 AM.
Old 7/12/14, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 13 AC is fine. I always run it in MAX so the air recycles and I don't get too much outside air in. Especially driving in town. When it's early or not that hot out I will have to warm it up some with the heater dial. On some near 100 degree days a while back it still cooled the car down to comfortable in a couple of miles.
Old 7/12/14, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Have you guys addressed this with your Ford Dealers? If not, make an appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll get it escalated to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

Hi Deysha,
Mine works well enough so that I'm not uncomfortable so I don't really think there is anything wrong with it. I'm just saying I have other vehicles where the AC works better.

Wayne
Old 7/14/14, 08:39 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hirons
My AC is moody. I went on a road trip a few months ago when it was hot, but not too hot. The AC felt a little on the warm side and would noticeably change temperature during the trip. It felt cooler when I let off the gas. Even at a full stop, releasing the brake and just starting to hit the gas, I could feel the air being warmer.

Last week I was in 95 degree+ weather for a long time and the AC worked perfectly the whole time. I agree, though, that it doesn't feel as cold as other cars AC.
Have you addressed this with your dealer, hirons?

Originally Posted by 05PRMTX
Had my 11 GT a couple weeks now. I've noticed that if the interior isn't too hot to start with it works fairly well. It easily freezes me out in the morning here in Houston. At the end of the day, however, after its been sitting outside at work....It takes forever to cool down. I get at least halfway home before its comfortable again.
I recommend you speak with the service manager at your Ford Dealer, 05PRMTX. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed. Also, remember most repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty.

You can schedule an appointment online here.

Originally Posted by 70monte
Hi Deysha,
Mine works well enough so that I'm not uncomfortable so I don't really think there is anything wrong with it. I'm just saying I have other vehicles where the AC works better.
I understand, 70monte. You should still speak with your service manager and see if there are any tips for this.

Deysha