Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How much will X-Plan save?

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/10, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much will X-Plan save?

Does anyone know how much you can save with the X-Plan? I've done some searching, but I'm not turning up any hard facts. Some places say you can save $600, other places say you can save 2.5K, getting vehicles for near dealer invoice. Has anyone purchased a Mustang on X-Plan before? If so, how much did it save? There's a big difference between $600 (still drop-in-the-bucket territory) and 2.5K.

Also, if you can get it by owning Ford stock...last post I saw suggested you have to have 100 shares that you have owned for at least 6 months. My wife and I have some Ford stock we have had for awhile, but not 100 shares worth. We would need to buy more immediately to be eligible by summertime. This is where what it can save us comes into play. If it's not going to be more than $600, then I don't care. If it could potentially be thousands, then I definitely DO care.

Thanks for any info you can provide,

- Skotty
Old 1/24/10, 04:44 PM
Cobra R Member

This has already been covered. Search the forum.
Old 1/24/10, 05:10 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scotty, the $2.5k figure is right. And so is the 100 shares for 6 months or more, which a new rule Ford recently made a couple months back.

Also I'm not sure if it's still possible, but you can be given a pin for x plan by a Ford employee
Old 1/24/10, 05:10 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Depending on your options, you'll save some money and it's worth it. A 2011 GT/CS I priced up is $40,829 at MSRP, but $37,514 on X-Plan. Check out the Order Guide thread and Price Guide Thread. You'll see more info there and you'll be able to download the guides and see all the numbers you're looking for.
Old 1/24/10, 05:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
X-plan is about $150-175 more than the invoice total, on an average Mustang. The amount between X-plan and MSRP varies, depending on trim & options, but should be anywhere from about $1500-$3000. Sometimes (but not often) Ford offers additional rebates to X-plan buyers, further enhancing the savings.

Worth noting, you may find some vehicles being sold to the public for less than invoice and/or X-plan. I work at a big Ford dealer in the NW. Every new 2010 Mustang in stock is priced lower than X-plan right now to clear them out before the '11's show up. In fact, all are priced below the invoice total - some are way below the invoice total. Then, you get the rebates, as well, making the net sale price thousands below the invoice total. Makes the leftover, new 2010's quite a bargain right now vs the upcoming 2011's.
Old 1/24/10, 06:35 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Adam2004
This has already been covered. Search the forum.
As an aside, I don't get why people get so worked up over a topic that's been covered before. Unless you own the bandwidth, what's the big deal? Just don't read the initial post; if you do, please provide something rather than the usual "try searching first" cop out. Sometimes, the "search" function on forums is so cumbersome, that it's much easier to just post a new topic.

Sorry, Adam, this isn't directed solely at you, but everyone who posts in such a manner. Telling someone to "use the search" function, though, has already been posted before.
Old 1/24/10, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

You're right about search. I've looked through the 2010+ forums pretty well without seeing any indepth discussion on what the X-Plan pricing can save, but I didn't think to search the other forums, where I found some additional info.

Anyways, thanks for the information. I'm guessing dealerships won't let the 2011's go for less than MSRP, but some of them may honor X-Plan, so might be a good idea to get on board the X-Plan train. Looks like my wife and I might be buying some additional shares.
Old 1/24/10, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually I just ordered a 2011 GT on the X-plan last week. The information about the X-plan has been covered many times over the years, so that's that's why your question was answered in such a curt way. Sorry, but that's the way things work........

I would expect a HUGH discount on the 2010 Mustangs.

Originally Posted by Skotty
You're right about search. I've looked through the 2010+ forums pretty well without seeing any indepth discussion on what the X-Plan pricing can save, but I didn't think to search the other forums, where I found some additional info.

Anyways, thanks for the information. I'm guessing dealerships won't let the 2011's go for less than MSRP, but some of them may honor X-Plan, so might be a good idea to get on board the X-Plan train. Looks like my wife and I might be buying some additional shares.
Old 1/24/10, 08:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
Actually I just ordered a 2011 GT on the X-plan last week. The information about the X-plan has been covered many times over the years, so that's that's why your question was answered in such a curt way. Sorry, but that's the way things work........

I would expect a HUGH discount on the 2010 Mustangs.

Maybe that's how things work for some people, but their are ways of saying things with courteousy and politeless. Like showing a direct link to a specific thread.
Old 1/25/10, 01:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

There are other ways to qualify for X-plan besides knowing a Ford employee or buying stock. Working for some companies that do business with Ford, attending or graduating from some colleges, as well as all EAA members qualify, too. If you Google "Ford X-plan" many dealers post lists of these partners online.

Sorry if some responses from long-time members seem harsh, but as others have said this topic has been covered extensively before. This site was hacked awhile back, so perhaps some older threads aren't coming up during a search. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by IWantMyNewGT; 1/25/10 at 01:50 AM.
Old 1/25/10, 12:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MARZ
As an aside, I don't get why people get so worked up over a topic that's been covered before. Unless you own the bandwidth, what's the big deal? Just don't read the initial post; if you do, please provide something rather than the usual "try searching first" cop out. Sometimes, the "search" function on forums is so cumbersome, that it's much easier to just post a new topic.

Sorry, Adam, this isn't directed solely at you, but everyone who posts in such a manner. Telling someone to "use the search" function, though, has already been posted before.
Because past threads are an excellent source of information along with instantaneous results.
Old 1/25/10, 01:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam2004
Because past threads are an excellent source of information along with instantaneous results.
Spending hours searching through threads is not instantaneous. Have you tried a search for X-Plan? The results come up with 500 threads that X-Plan is mentioned. That's a lot to go through if you don't know exactly what you're supposed to be looking for.
Old 1/25/10, 03:12 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I've tried the "search" thing too and still couldn't find the answer.

So it's the way Brian said......$1,500 to $3,000 depending on your trim and options.

I am going to get to use the X-Plan because i'm a disabled Veteran.
Old 1/25/10, 03:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by denlem
Spending hours searching through threads is not instantaneous. Have you tried a search for X-Plan? The results come up with 500 threads that X-Plan is mentioned. That's a lot to go through if you don't know exactly what you're supposed to be looking for.
Tuning your keywords and utilizing the search parameters is key. Same with EVERY other search engine.