Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How much hp will all of these add to my 2011 v6?

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/12, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much hp will all of these add to my 2011 v6?

Headers, borla touring axle back, airaid cold air intake, bbk throttle body, x pipe, bama custom tuner?
Old 2/22/12, 11:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait a minute, aren't you the guy who was worried about the car getting louder at high rpm?

With all those mods it will be LOTS louder at all rpm's.

As to power, throttle body is nada, headers, full exhaust, cai and tune will be about 35-40 maybe.
Old 2/22/12, 11:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^lmao! And yeah, what he said, it'll sound loud as hell. But will give you some decent power, and **** off the neighbors at the same time.
Old 2/23/12, 04:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd suggest to the original poster to spend some Friday/Saturday night time at the local car hangouts. Talk to other Mustang owners at these local show hangouts, and listen to their exhausts, talk to them about what mods worked for them, what did not, and go from there.

One thing that always stuck in my mind was to think of an engine as a large air pump. To make it more efficient, get more air into, and out of it. However, not one item will provide noticable increases. An intake/exhaust/tuner are the most popular 3 items that gain you a good bang for the buck, but these three are the most costly. If it were me, I'd start with a good exhaust system, then a good CAI/tuner combination. Don't go cheap on these. Do the homework.

As a side benefit, you can even gain some MPG with these mods, provided you can keep your foot off the right side pedal with the newfound gains.

Last edited by Bucko; 2/23/12 at 04:29 AM.
Old 2/23/12, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Wait a minute, aren't you the guy who was worried about the car getting louder at high rpm?

As to power, throttle body is nada, headers, full exhaust, cai and tune will be about 35-40 maybe.
I thought what made it louder was only the exhaust and cai? But the cai noise I'm fine with and what does a throttle body do if not increase power?
Old 2/23/12, 07:26 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr

Originally Posted by nicholasP
I thought what made it louder was only the exhaust and cai? But the cai noise I'm fine with and what does a throttle body do if not increase power?
Yes, exhaust makes it louder and that is the main thing you mentioned, headers, x-pipe and axle-back, this will make it extremely LOUD!!!

Throttle body will make power if the engine needs the extra air flow but the throttle body that comes on the 3.7 is more than enough already so a bigger throttle body is just a waste.