Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hmmm...Boss or GT Track Pack w Recaros?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/12, 08:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
While I have never driven one, I watched the speed channel special on making the boss. I think it's the heritage and limited run that make it the car to buy. It reminds me of the first time I saw a boss as a child. I see a new one today and I am a young boy again.

If you can get that feeling coupled with that type of balanced performance, I think that trumps a Shelby or supercharged gt. I own a gt and I am the kind of idiot that would buy a bar of soap if it said Shelby on it. I just wanted to put into perspective how much I wish I could have afforded a boss. I say buy the boss!

Last edited by Mr. V; 12/13/12 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12/13/12, 09:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget also that as the original owner of a new Boss, you get to go to Boss Track Attack in Utah. That is a bucket list event that has drawn rave reviews from everyone who has gone. The cost of that program is figured into every Boss, so the bottom line pricing comparison with the Base TP/Recaro options should take this into account.

I'm planning on doing this right next year by flying non stop to Vegas for a few days, then driving north to Miller Motorsports Park by way of Bryce and Zion National parks. Then fly home out of Salt Lake City.

I can also tell you first hand, that there is a big difference between a GT and the Boss, being able to compare my wife's '11 GT to my '13 Boss. The moment I sat in a Competition Orange '12 Boss last year, I knew I had to make the stretch to get one. I was also pulled in watching that Remaking the Legend show on Speed Channel. Car **** at it's best...

Yeah money is tight now, but I don't regret the decision one bit.
Old 12/13/12, 06:09 PM
V6 Member

More great points, especially about the Track Attack, which I've heard is amazing. Plus, it would teach me how to drive the Boss on the track, compared to my AWD STI. Talk with the wife should be coming in the next week

I'll keep you all posted. Send me positive thoughts.
Old 12/13/12, 07:45 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Always loved the original Bosses and I thought if they would bring it back with the current body style it would kill me!!! Well they did and I wasn't in a position to afford the 2012's but was for the 2013's. I was thinking about saving some cash and get a loaded GT but I just KNEW that I would kick myself for the rest of my life knowing I could have gotten a Boss and chose not to!!! So how bad do you want a Boss that's the simple question! Mine was always a love of it and the opportunity to own the next generation of the Boss! Good luck no matter what because Mustangs rock and always will!!!
Old 12/13/12, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I made a similar thread when I was deciding whether to get a GT or the Boss. I don't think I would be disappointed if I had chosen the GT, but I can tell you that the Boss is worth more than the sum of its parts. It's not just 20hp and forged internals. It feels like a totally different machine.
Best of luck with your decision. Drive a Boss if you can. I bet it will make your decision a lot easier.
Old 12/13/12, 08:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
If you don't buy a boss you'll end like me. Loving your car but jealous of people that own a boss.
Old 12/14/12, 05:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

I too owned a 2012 Boss before. I did love the car a lot. However, the clutch issues when racing were unacceptable. At least I can say I owned one and got to attend BTA in Utah! I'm much much happier with my new GT, no BS.

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 12/14/12 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12/14/12, 06:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I figured I'd chime in on this one since we just picked up a 13 Boss. I'm coming from a Mid 600hp 2011 GT and although the Boss is not as fast I'm still happier with it. My 2011 was raw power, heck with the suspension I had on it the car handled better too but at the end of the day, it still wasn't a Boss.
The Boss all around is just a well balanced car, we've already thrown a bunch of new parts on it (Hotchkis TVS1, Mag Comp Cat, back, JLT intake, Lund tune and waiting on the forgestars) and getting it ready for a Paxton. We were having a hard time deciding between the T/P GT or the Boss and I'm glad we went with the Boss.
Old 12/14/12, 07:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Nawambo
More great points, especially about the Track Attack, which I've heard is amazing. Plus, it would teach me how to drive the Boss on the track, compared to my AWD STI. Talk with the wife should be coming in the next week

I'll keep you all posted. Send me positive thoughts.
Your avatar looks a lot like one of the series of pix I took at the New England Auto show this past January....
Old 12/14/12, 12:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
Your avatar looks a lot like one of the series of pix I took at the New England Auto show this past January....
Well then, I thank you for posting it online

Ya, hoping to have the talk before Christmas.

I know what I need to do.
Old 12/14/12, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I always wanted a Boss and I swore if they made one I would get one.., However life makes us choose our battle loss and our triumphs. For me financially was not in the cards. If you have the finances I would do the boss since they are ending them.
Old 12/15/12, 12:16 PM
GT Member

There's something special about the boss that you don't get in a GT. I've had many cars, many high end euro cars, (Porsche, BMW, Mercedes), and have ever seen the response I get from people with the boss in my past cars. People can't help but smile, and more importantly, I've never had this much fun in one. My buddy has a Roush that doesn't get as much attention.

The GT is an awesome car, and I would have considered one, and maybe sending it off for Shelby treatment, but there's something magic about the Boss.

Plus, the boss comes with track attack at miller motorsports in Utah. If it means anything, my instructor at track attack who used to ride motorcycles with Steve McQueen prefers the boss over every other mustang save for the grand am race cars.

Last edited by Johnny5alive; 12/15/12 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12/28/12, 08:29 PM
V6 Member

Friends,

Thank you all for your ideas, suggestions, and counsel. Thanks to my wife also for supporting me with my realistic dream car and agreeing with the Boss.

Today, I picked up my Grabber Blue Boss, and so far we both love it! To add to it, my three year old (who loves "Blue Mustangs") was giddy with excitement and beside himself when we told him what we got and when he saw it. It was precious and adorable.

Cheers friends!
Nawambo
Attached Thumbnails Hmmm...Boss or GT Track Pack w Recaros?!?-boss2.jpg   Hmmm...Boss or GT Track Pack w Recaros?!?-boss.jpg  
Old 12/28/12, 08:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice. Congrats. My 6 year old son always wants to ride in "Dad's Fast Mustang".
Old 12/28/12, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on your Boss 302
Old 12/28/12, 09:06 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Congrats and remove those baffles!!!
Old 12/28/12, 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Nawambo
Friends,

Thank you all for your ideas, suggestions, and counsel. Thanks to my wife also for supporting me with my realistic dream car and agreeing with the Boss.

Today, I picked up my Grabber Blue Boss, and so far we both love it! To add to it, my three year old (who loves "Blue Mustangs") was giddy with excitement and beside himself when we told him what we got and when he saw it. It was precious and adorable.

Cheers friends!
Nawambo
Looks great Nawambo. Really like those reflective stripes. Enjoy
Old 12/29/12, 01:20 AM
Bullitt Member

If you plan on driving it alot get the GT. If I had a boss id feel bad putting alot of miles on it. I put it in the same category as the GT500 , yes it would be awesome to have one but its more of a show piece not a DD and modding would definitely not happen. IMO you would get more enjoyment out of the TP just being able to drive it more but I dont know your situation so I could be wrong. Good luck its a win win situation

Last edited by Burke985; 12/29/12 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12/29/12, 07:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on the GB Boss! Gorgeous car! If I were to get a Boss it would definitely be GB.

I'm ordering a '14 GT Premium TP with Recaros and glass roof in the next few weeks. I can't wait...
Old 12/29/12, 07:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
I'm ordering a '14 GT Premium TP with Recaros and glass roof in the next few weeks. I can't wait...
What color? Good choice on the options, any mods planned?

Quick Reply: Hmmm...Boss or GT Track Pack w Recaros?!?