Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Here is your Chance to Influence 2010 Aftermarket Restyle Option

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/08, 10:59 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,576 Likes on 1,905 Posts
Here is your Chance to Influence 2010 Aftermarket Restyle Option

I had a Chat this Morning with one of My Aftermarket Restyle Contacts to Confirm the Direction they would be Going on the 2010.

Off the top of my Head It seems Very Little Of the 09 Items are going to work other than the Window Side Scoops and Rear Louvers.

He has Asked what The Members Would Like to See in an Aftermaket Body Restyle. We are Talking Grilles, Side Scoops, Front and Rear Fascia's Quarter Side Scoops Rockers,Hoods, Rear Spoilers Tailight Cove Treatments. Etc. Be Descriptive as Posable please. For the Truly Talented Photo Chops are Welcome. I know it's early and The Pictures we are Seeing do not give the Total Picture but Lets see what we can come up with!
Old 9/12/08, 11:54 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few ideas:

-I can imagine there will be a good market for alternative taillight configurations. Body-colored lenses for the reverse signals, perhaps, or complete reposition kits to put the back-ups somewhere other than between the brake lenses.

-A replacement lower rear valence, something that's cleaner and simpler, but retains the rear splitter, would be pretty high on my list of wants.

-The lower front inlet on the Shelby looks huge and doesn't fit the car well. Something closer in dimension to the current gt-500, or one which more closely mirrors the grille above, would be a nice option especially for people putting -500 noses on their V6/GT 'Stangs.

-Weight is going to be one of our key advantages this cycle, and anything which helps that along as in aluminum or composite replacements for factory steel will be quite useful.
Old 9/12/08, 12:06 PM
GT Member

They need to somehow incorporate someway to make a shaker hood work.
Old 9/12/08, 12:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Moosetang
A few ideas:

-I can imagine there will be a good market for alternative taillight configurations. Body-colored lenses for the reverse signals, perhaps, or complete reposition kits to put the back-ups somewhere other than between the brake lenses.

-A replacement lower rear valence, something that's cleaner and simpler, but retains the rear splitter, would be pretty high on my list of wants.

-The lower front inlet on the Shelby looks huge and doesn't fit the car well. Something closer in dimension to the current gt-500, or one which more closely mirrors the grille above, would be a nice option especially for people putting -500 noses on their V6/GT 'Stangs.

-Weight is going to be one of our key advantages this cycle, and anything which helps that along as in aluminum or composite replacements for factory steel will be quite useful.
+1

I also noticed that none of the test mules had HID. Is that not an option in 2010. If not there would be a market for a true HID replacement setup.

There also should be a market for a new center stack with an option of a double din radio. That way those who want an aftermarket stereo don't have to go cutting into the existing one.
Old 9/12/08, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

If that black plastic piece on rear bumper is removable. A factory looking replacement with center exit exhaust cutout would be cool.
Old 9/12/08, 12:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh yeah, headlights with clear side markers or LED side markers.
Old 9/12/08, 01:30 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sequential LED taillights with a sharp concave crease ala 1967-1968 with paintable dividers between the cells.

Smooth rockers

Attached Thumbnails Here is your Chance to Influence 2010 Aftermarket Restyle Option-67gtblackout.jpg   Here is your Chance to Influence 2010 Aftermarket Restyle Option-69boss.jpg  
Attached Images    
Old 9/12/08, 02:58 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was already thinking about how these "hip scoops" (don't know the technical term) from '69 would look on the 2010...

I think they'd look pretty good
Old 9/12/08, 03:59 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TMSBrad
Sequential LED taillights with a sharp concave crease ala 1967-1968 with paintable dividers between the cells.

Smooth rockers

+1 for the body color reverse lamp.

has anybody said whether or not the fuel cap on the rear will be functional... that would be sweet.
Old 9/12/08, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Autotooner
+1 for the body color reverse lamp.

has anybody said whether or not the fuel cap on the rear will be functional... that would be sweet.
they can't be functional, because you can see the regular fuel cap on the side of the un-camo'd pics.
Old 9/12/08, 04:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
they can't be functional, because you can see the regular fuel cap on the side of the un-camo'd pics.
I'm also pretty sure that there is some regulation that prevents cars from having the fuel door on the rear of the car nowadays as well. Perhaps it had something to do with exploding Pintos in the 70's. I know I have heard why at some point but I can't remember anymore.
Old 9/12/08, 05:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Actually, that makes me think that a kit that would allow the fake fuel door/emblem on the back of new Mustangs, to be functional would be pretty cool. I assume it would be more trouble than it's worth though. Or may not even be possible at all.
Old 9/12/08, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Clino
Actually, that makes me think that a kit that would allow the fake fuel door/emblem on the back of new Mustangs, to be functional would be pretty cool. I assume it would be more trouble than it's worth though. Or may not even be possible at all.

Lighted emblem?
Old 9/12/08, 05:28 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Also, making a rear badge that houses the stock Ford back up camera would be a good idea, since Ford is putting it in the spoiler
Old 9/12/08, 05:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Aren't the 2010's to be equiped with sequential's? Definately need stealth cornerlamps. Possibly aftermarket add on backup lamps. Somewhere other than between the tail lamp set up, and of course new lenses for the rear to go with it. Also some sort of "smooth" plug, for the deck lid, if they come with SIRIUS. The turtle on the lid is the dumbest thing yet that FORD has done. My T-Bird, has it UNDER the lid. Works perfect. And possibly a Quarter Scoop up high, vs in the "C". Like the 69's.
Old 9/13/08, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mirrors - the FLEX SUV Mirrors are way to big. Something like Agent 47 mirrors.
Old 9/13/08, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

What about a front end kit that creates a 1970 look by moving the new inboard turn signals to the outside of the headlights and has the centre tribar emblem rather than the centre pony? I know this sounds a little weird but it looks really good in my head! lol

I wish I was a photoshopper so I could show what I mean. Imagine a 70 but the outside scoops have the turn signals behind them so they light up. I think it could look really cool.
Old 9/13/08, 01:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Tailights that would allow for a blackout like this would be fantastic!
Old 9/13/08, 02:34 PM
Cobra Member

I think I'd wait until I see the final, complete product before I started making aftermarket recommendations.
Old 9/13/08, 04:47 PM

I like those lights! Plus a light up faux gas cap?! Sweet! Like, make the pony light up the same as your MyColor choice inside the cabin.

Quick Reply: Here is your Chance to Influence 2010 Aftermarket Restyle Option