Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hawk HP+ pads on the street

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/11, 10:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eric n
Hi Eric, I wouldn't dream of making a recommendation as there are so many more knowledgeable posters on these boards. I would have called Sam Strano but knew that I wanted the parts asap and wanted the speed that summit's Nevada warehouse would afford.

If I were to make a recommendation I would recommend don't get a recommendation from me. Go to sam as he has substantial credentials and knowledge along with highly competitive prices. I'm taking a break from modding right now just to save a few bucks, but when I'm back at it I will be calling Sam for some shocks and lowering springs.

Hope you're liking the Auto. I know you're happy to have a mustang under you that you can drive. Take Care!
Eric - Thanks for your input. I was really just looking for your opinion re. how the Brembo brakes worked for you and whether they were fantastic enough, in your opinion, to make up for the fact that the pads were toast after only 19k miles. it's sounding to me like the answer will be "No", especially since I won't be tracking (but still want to try once or twice).
Old 9/24/11, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Eric - Thanks for your input. I was really just looking for your opinion re. how the Brembo brakes worked for you and whether they were fantastic enough, in your opinion, to make up for the fact that the pads were toast after only 19k miles. it's sounding to me like the answer will be "No", especially since I won't be tracking (but still want to try once or twice).

Eric-Well if you just want my opinion, I really enjoyed the brembo set up. It absolutely should have been called a handling pack as the handling is far superior in all ways to the standard. Are there other ways to accomplish the same or more for less money???? That is where I have to say I'm ignorant. but, I enjoyed mine tremendously.

Now, since the excellent P zeros have given up the ghost I'v switched to Hankook ventus v12's so I can run 275's on the rear. 95% the handling at half the price and maybe a little more longevity. Also seems to launch better with a bit more contact patch.

Now I'm switching the pads on the brakes, so I'm certainly not leaving it stock brembo package. Make what you will of my prattling. I loved my brembo set up. I hope that my mods will be cost effective along with equal or superior performance.