Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Have you ever wanted to tell Ford your idea!

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/10, 11:50 AM
eci
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT500 needs 12" wide rear rims and 335's MINIMUM.
Old 4/16/10, 11:50 AM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by Overboost
Also submitted one for a proper oil pressure gauge on the performance oriented vehicles.
FP be great too. An actual water temp gauge too.
Old 4/16/10, 11:54 AM
FR500 Member

I submitted one for real-time production tracking. you can vote for it here.
Old 4/16/10, 11:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine.

http://www.thefordstory.com/your-ide...pped-vehicles/
Old 4/16/10, 12:02 PM
Bullitt Member

mine on getting the fleet option steering wheel in the base stang.

http://www.thefordstory.com/your-ide...r-orimetation/
Old 4/16/10, 12:05 PM
GT Member

How about an owner's manual that actually FITS in any of the provided storage bins in the car!
Old 4/16/10, 12:09 PM
FR500 Member

I just submitted one for making the spare tire an available option for the V6 Mustang. I'll post a link once it's up.
Old 4/16/10, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I need to submit a suggestion related to my biggest pet peeve with the Mustang. The stupid trunk wart satellite radio antenna that violates the trunk on every premium package Mustang, whether you want satellite radio or not (I do not).

Other suggestions would be to go back to the way a base GT could be optioned back in 2005-06. You could get early S197's with cloth interior and add the IUP and lots of other options, but the 2011 base GT has practically no options available, if you want cloth seats, you're stuck with the cheap steering wheel and lot of other base stuff with no chance to upgrade (from the factory).
Old 4/16/10, 02:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

[quote=Ministang;5847774]I need to submit a suggestion related to my biggest pet peeve with the Mustang. The stupid trunk wart satellite radio antenna that violates the trunk on every premium package Mustang, whether you want satellite radio or not (I do not).

TOTALLY agree with you on that one, i hate that satellite wart on the trunk. They're must have been a way to put it somewhere else. On my 2009 Escape, it's sitting a top the roof on the passenger side close to the sunroof. Man does that thing look ugly, especially on light color cars. Glad i'm getting Sterling grey.
Old 4/16/10, 02:34 PM
GTR Member

My other idea would be that the Mustang, and all future vehicles, need some type of integrated antenna to avoid having "warts" on the cars. Roll it into the rear glass for the AM/FM or create a small, painted fin for everything to be housed under for better aesthetics.
Old 4/16/10, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
TOTALLY agree with you on that one, i hate that satellite wart on the trunk. They're must have been a way to put it somewhere else. On my 2009 Escape, it's sitting a top the roof on the passenger side close to the sunroof. Man does that thing look ugly, especially on light color cars. Glad i'm getting Sterling grey.
My other idea would be that the Mustang, and all future vehicles, need some type of integrated antenna to avoid having "warts" on the cars. Roll it into the rear glass for the AM/FM or create a small, painted fin for everything to be housed under for better aesthetics.
I had high hopes when I first discovered that Ford was moving the radio antenna from the front fender to the rear fender,and making it shorter and a bit more streamlined with a larger base than the standard whip antenna. I was really really hoping they would integrate the satellite antenna into the base of the new radio antenna, but no such luck. If/when I order a 2011+ GT I'll be going with spoiler delete, and probably Sterling Gray, and the trunk wart would really stand out.
Old 4/17/10, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They need to make all options which are available on the premium model also available on base models. Make it so the customer can get the most go for the least possible dough by allowing a pass on expensive features best appreciated in cars designed to be soft from the start.
Old 4/17/10, 01:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Having stand alone options on every trim level increases production costs and lead time. I wish for the option to order a car like that, but I understand their reasoning. Now not having a spare tire on the V6 cars is just dumb. And the antenna is just being cheap. They could have integrated it into the windshield. Obviously they wouldn't do a shark fin style because of the convertible, but hell BMW does it.
Old 4/17/10, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Having stand alone options on every trim level increases production costs and lead time. I wish for the option to order a car like that, but I understand their reasoning. Now not having a spare tire on the V6 cars is just dumb. And the antenna is just being cheap. They could have integrated it into the windshield. Obviously they wouldn't do a shark fin style because of the convertible, but hell BMW does it.
i can understaing why having all stand alone options at every trim level is costly.

by big deagreement with ford is not having 3.73s for any gt vert. they dont offer even 3.55s that is silly IMO

Last edited by trick25; 4/17/10 at 02:41 PM.
Old 4/17/10, 02:48 PM
GTR Member

One thing Ford just did was get away from that. They've streamlined their options and made cars much easier to buy, allowing less combinations of parts and reducing product mix. I wouldn't want to see that again, since now you would just move up to a higher trim level and get most of the optional equipment std.
Old 4/17/10, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

For those who would like to have the 18R package, sign up and vote for it!

18r driver orimetation

If enough of us vote for it, we just might get it...
Old 4/17/10, 04:43 PM
GTR Member

Voted for it.

Still waiting for my oil press. gauge one to be posted.
Old 4/17/10, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Voted for it.

Still waiting for my oil press. gauge one to be posted.
When it gets up, let us know. It would be nice if the gauge actually read the pressure.
Old 4/17/10, 08:11 PM
V6 Member

Seeing as we drive our Mustangs:

1 Where's a dead pedal? Hello Ford! Are you listening?
2 An inside trunk release!
3 Tilt AND TELE steering wheel!
4 Could you paint the rear axle? I know a lot of people call it ancient technology that's been around since the wheel, but does it have to look as old?
Old 4/17/10, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ttillub
Seeing as we drive our Mustangs:

1 Where's a dead pedal? Hello Ford! Are you listening?
2 An inside trunk release!
3 Tilt AND TELE steering wheel!
4 Could you paint the rear axle? I know a lot of people call it ancient technology that's been around since the wheel, but does it have to look as old?
sign up and post it on the Ford story. Don't forget to vote for the leather wheel option on the base models.

Quick Reply: Have you ever wanted to tell Ford your idea!