2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

This has got to stop. . .

Search this Thread

Old 5/28/10, 11:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
I think you meant to say "Ford CS says they'll get back with me "within 5 business days"

Um, exactly.
Old 5/28/10, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

FWIW, I just got a call from my dealer claiming that my car was on hold due to a part shortage. I don't know if he was just blowing smoke or if there's really a parts issue but in either case I don't want to fuel the fire if it's not confirmed.
Old 5/28/10, 11:58 AM
Cobra R Member

A parts shortage for a car that's already built? Seems dubious at best.

Would Ford really just produce thousands of cars lacking parts and "hope" to find all the right cars later and add those parts? Doubtful.
Old 5/28/10, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin

Would Ford really just produce thousands of cars lacking parts and "hope" to find all the right cars later and add those parts? Doubtful.
Really gotta wonder about that. That's what his Ford rep told him. I would wonder if this is really true since it's on ramp 51. Who knows.
Old 5/28/10, 12:31 PM
Cobra R Member

There are lot gremlins stealin' parts off them before they ship... diabolical sabatoge

click pic...

or
YouTube

Last edited by Kahdir; 5/28/10 at 12:43 PM.
Old 5/28/10, 12:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin

When I picked mine up this AM, I visited with my dealer. He said a lot a vehicles have been taking a lot longer. From what he can tell, the problem has been the distribution lot, where they should load onto a transport. I know this doesn't help, good luck and hang in there.
Old 5/28/10, 01:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Goldwing
When I picked mine up this AM, I visited with my dealer. He said a lot a vehicles have been taking a lot longer. From what he can tell, the problem has been the distribution lot, where they should load onto a transport. I know this doesn't help, good luck and hang in there.
That's kind of stating the obvious though at this point, isn't it, Tom? Everyone knows the cars go from the factory to "Ramp 51" -- the distribution lot. And if it's TRUE that Ramp 51 is the distribution lot, why are they being QC'd THERE and not on the way out the door from the factory?

I can see some guy in a white lab coat wandering around a parking lot in all manner of weather randomly (or not so randomly) picking cars to QC. Wait, no... no I can't see that at all. At Tesla maybe. Ford, no.
Old 5/28/10, 01:19 PM
GT Member

nice gremlins ....got a call from my dealer in Las Vegas, all mustangs are on a "hold".....I didn't ask why...since will it make my car get here any quicker?? Ahh nope...
Old 5/28/10, 01:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Fastback
nice gremlins ....got a call from my dealer in Las Vegas, all mustangs are on a "hold".....I didn't ask why...since will it make my car get here any quicker?? Ahh nope...
Yeah, it's called "Memorial Day Weekend" at the UAW.

Seriously for all these "on hold" / "not on hold" rumors, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason for the cars that ARE getting out vice the cars that aren't.
Old 5/28/10, 01:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
Ok lets make a rule. Next time anything is sarcastic on the internet it has to be put in italics.

Because everyone would go along with that.
On another car forum I visit, green text is used for sarcasm.
Old 5/28/10, 02:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What I can't figure out is why Ford cannot say when the cars are going to ship. They've got this giant backlog of cars that are ready to ship but there are only so many spaces available on the railroad cars. I get that. But if they know that they have X number of backlog cars, and the typical number of them shipped out each week is Y, they ought to be able to say when they will have caught up. X/Y=number of weeks. Furthermore, if they ship out Y cars per week from the backlog, why can't they say "OK, we'll take this batch of Y cars and schedule them for June 1-4, then this batch for June 7-11", etc. Granted, some weeks will have more capacity than others, but at least it's an educated guess. Do they truly have no idea the order in which they will ship out those cars? What do they do, spin a giant roulette wheel with all of the VIN's on it to determine which cars ship out each day?

I'm not pulling my hair out and I'm friendly when I call my dealer every couple of weeks to ask if there is any news. But as much as I am on Ford's side in the big picture, my patience is starting to wear thin. Once you've built somebody's car and it's been sitting in a parking lot for six weeks, you ought to be able to at least give them an estimate of when they will get it. I'm just glad my big road trip this year is in August and not June or July.