Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Has anyone ordered one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/13, 11:19 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone ordered one of these?

I am thinking of getting this Ford Mustang Hood Scoop from Roush, its a Genuine Ford part and the cost painted is: $474.99 w/free shipping. I think the price is kinda high so Im wondering has anyone ordered one of these from Roush or anywhere else? And how is the quality and installation?

Here is a link:

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...Scoop-Kit.html
Old 5/12/13, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I like it but I agree it's pricey. AM will have one soon I bet.
Old 5/12/13, 12:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
I have one on my Roush and I love it. I think it compliments the hood well. Kinda looks bare without one, in my opinion.
I think that price is really good for a painted hood scoop from Roush, especially if that's including the shipping!
Old 5/12/13, 01:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by elkk
I like it but I agree it's pricey. AM will have one soon I bet.
This place on ebay has the same one and requires no drilling but it seems like to me if its not drilled to be held on that it would blow off?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170933833991...84.m1438.l2649
Old 5/12/13, 01:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I have one on my Roush and I love it. I think it compliments the hood well. Kinda looks bare without one, in my opinion.
I think that price is really good for a painted hood scoop from Roush, especially if that's including the shipping!
My Mustang 5.0 is GHIG like your Roush, let me ask is there a honey comb grill in the front of the hood scoop or is hollow all the way back?
Old 5/12/13, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Muscle-Car-Memories
I am thinking of getting this Ford Mustang Hood Scoop from Roush, its a Genuine Ford part and the cost painted is: $474.99 w/free shipping. I think the price is kinda high so Im wondering has anyone ordered one of these from Roush or anywhere else? And how is the quality and installation?

Here is a link:

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...Scoop-Kit.html
Can you save some dough by buying an unpainted scoop and getting a local guy to shoot it for you? Seems like $195 is awfully high for paint.
Old 5/12/13, 01:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
Can you save some dough by buying an unpainted scoop and getting a local guy to shoot it for you? Seems like $195 is awfully high for paint.
Possibly but they are going to want me to buy at least a quart of GHIG paint and that wont be cheap...
Old 5/12/13, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be wary of the EBAY one if they are saying that it'll fit a 12' AND a 13'. ALL of the information that I have seen on the subject says the 12' and 13 hoods are different enough that it won't work.

I'd hate to order one and have it not fit properly.
Old 5/12/13, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Possibly but they are going to want me to buy at least a quart of GHIG paint and that wont be cheap...
I was just curious. I had an '07 GT/CS license plate bracket and two side mirror covers painted for $60, which included the (Performance White) paint. Don't know for sure if my guy bought a quart or pint of paint. Guess I'll be finding out what Race Red paint costs though. I'm looking into a pedestal spoiler for my new pony. Now that you showed us the Roush scoop, I may be getting one of those too.
Old 5/12/13, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
I was just curious. I had an '07 GT/CS license plate bracket and two side mirror covers painted for $60, which included the (Performance White) paint. Don't know for sure if my guy bought a quart or pint of paint. Guess I'll be finding out what Race Red paint costs though. I'm looking into a pedestal spoiler for my new pony. Now that you showed us the Roush scoop, I may be getting one of those too.
Like those Pedestal spoilers too but I dont wanna drill anymore holes, Im gonna get the GT500 spoiler which will bolt right up without drilling. From what I can tell on the hood scoop it will require drilling 4 holes in the hood which im not real excited about BUT dont have much choice if I want the hood scoop except for the other one on ebay which doesnt require drilling but it seems to me that it would blow off there cause its only held on by 3m tape...
Old 5/12/13, 02:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i've said this once and ill say it again, your avatar picture makes me forget why i even opened a thread lol
Old 5/12/13, 02:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
i've said this once and ill say it again, your avatar picture makes me forget why i even opened a thread lol
I hope you dont think thats me, thats Zoe Saldano...I would drink her dirty bath water.....
Old 5/12/13, 04:19 PM
GT Member

Like those Pedestal spoilers too but I dont wanna drill anymore holes, Im gonna get the GT500 spoiler which will bolt right up without drilling. From what I can tell on the hood scoop it will require drilling 4 holes in the hood which im not real excited about BUT dont have much choice if I want the hood scoop except for the other one on ebay which doesnt require drilling but it seems to me that it would blow off there cause its only held on by 3m tape...
I just found the instructions on installing the Roush Hood Scoop, I thought there were 4 holes to be drilled, there are 9!!

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/me...structions.pdf
Old 5/12/13, 05:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Pass.
Old 5/12/13, 06:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Pass.

I am not sure what "Pass" means, Im not a internet forum expert.
Old 5/12/13, 06:35 PM
Bullitt Member

It means that he doesn't want one.
Old 5/12/13, 06:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
It means that he doesn't want one.
Ahh ok, it would have been easier to just say that....
Old 5/12/13, 09:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Ahh ok, it would have been easier to just say that....
For some it would seem. Lol
Old 5/12/13, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

IMO, don't double-sticky tape a hood scoop. To me, that's scary. I can just see one blowing off and busting a windshield, not to mention blowing off in traffic. I remember my '07 GT at 100+mph, the hood seemed to bow slightly, as if it was itching to blow open. Of course, the hood wasn't vented at all but, the engine bay does contain a significant amount of pressure when you're hauling butt.

I know what you mean about drilling holes. I have to make sure I'm making the right choice before I drill. My '07 had a pedestal spoiler and I loved it. So I thought I would continue the personal tradition. The '07 had a smaller scoop too, and it was factory bolt-on. I'd have to ponder the thoughts of a larger scoop, before I decide for sure. I'm somewhat short (5'5") and can't see over a lot of things. But the vented hood on the '14 does look kind of plain without a scoop of some kind.
Old 5/12/13, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

I totally agree that a hood scoop looks good on Mustangs but if you are going to do it…do it the right way and buy an aftermarket hood with one built-in or buy the "The Shaker" hood scoop which is actually functional (although i doubt it adds any significant power if any). The one you have shown us looks like the cheap stack-on stuff you see at your local Autozone or whatever ricer get their stuff. It it blended seamless with the stock hood it would look alright but with those big gaps it totally ruins it for me and it cheapens the car IMHO.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ordered one of these?