Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Had a first today...an annoying one

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/15, 06:24 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,704 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
It's the Pennsylvania drivers who are our problem, sneaking in through the Del Water Gap and hogging the left lane @ 50 mph. Many of them appear to have no teeth.
I agree with the luxury sedan douchebags in NJ they drive like complete jackwads! BTW I have all my teeth! :-)
Old 5/5/15, 06:33 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I agree with the luxury sedan douchebags in NJ they drive like complete jackwads! BTW I have all my teeth! :-)

I wonder PA's are like our Albertan's
God hep them if a corner should appear...or a hill WITH a corner
Old 5/5/15, 06:42 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I wonder PA's are like our Albertan's
God hep them if a corner should appear...or a hill WITH a corner
I've been thinking about moving to Pennsyltucky by the end of the year. I'll become one of those people that I make fun of now. God help me.
Old 5/5/15, 06:45 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

It won't take you long to make fun of the NJ and NY drivers! They are absolutely horrible drivers where I live. They are all tourists and believe that it's ok to drive 20-30 mph below the speed limit! Try doing that where they live!
Old 5/5/15, 06:53 PM
FR500 Member

It won't take you long to make fun of the NJ and NY drivers! They are absolutely horrible drivers where I live. They are all tourists and believe that it's ok to drive 20-30 mph below the speed limit! Try doing that where they live!
Pennsy is actually a very beautiful state. I went to college in Southwestern Pa near W. Va. Both my late Mom and Dad were born in Pa....Beaverdale and Weedville respectively....no lie....can't make this stuff up. I've been all over your state, from Philly to Erie and all points between.

I'm considering the Stroudsburg area though which is pretty much NJ.
Old 5/5/15, 07:06 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Pennsy is actually a very beautiful state. I went to college in Southwestern Pa near W. Va. Both my late Mom and Dad were born in Pa....Beaverdale and Weedville respectively....no lie....can't make this stuff up. I've been all over your state, from Philly to Erie and all points between. I'm considering the Stroudsburg area though which is pretty much NJ.
Here's some more real towns for you! Intercourse, Blueball, Smoketown, Virginville, Gap and Paradise are a few! :-)
Old 5/5/15, 07:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's the Pennsylvania drivers who are our problem, sneaking in through the Del Water Gap and hogging the left lane @ 50 mph. Many of them appear to have no teeth.
I've been thinking about moving to Pennsyltucky by the end of the year. I'll become one of those people that I make fun of now. God help me.
I am from PA and can not wait to go back in a few weeks here. It doesn't matter what state you are in or from, there are people that will always drive slow in the left/fast lane. Personally, I think MN drivers are the worst coming from PA. Seems on the highway, the slowest drivers are always to the far left, unless there is a carpool lane.

Here's some more real towns for you! Intercourse, Blueball, Smoketown, Virginville, Gap and Paradise are a few! :-)
You forgot to add Wood in the mix there.

Last edited by KStev; 5/5/15 at 07:25 PM.
Old 5/5/15, 07:23 PM
FR500 Member

I love going out Rt 80 through the Poconos and seeing the sign for Scotrun. I swear it says *******.
Old 5/7/15, 09:28 AM
GT Member

Just ignore 'em. If I entertained every hater (ricers, gm owners, sport bikes, diesel BRO ricers, Harleys, other Stang's, etc..) I'd need a full time legal staff to handle issues....Sort it out at the track, if they think they are that 'hardcore'

Last edited by MKMotorsport; 5/7/15 at 09:31 AM.
Old 5/8/15, 04:51 AM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If a police officer is trying to make a driver break the law it is called entrapment. A police officer can react to another drivers action if they first cause the officer to react. LEO can not cause another to break the law. I know this only because I am LEO. It would be equivalent to watching a person you know who is clearly drunk by stumbling and falling and then wait for them to get into a vehicle and drive so you can arrest them for DWI. A police officer has a responsibility to protect the public against harm and must stop the individual from driving the car. If those police officers are conducting themselves in this manner by leading one to break the law they should be punished for deception to the public. Our job is to protect people not to cause them to break the law and possible kill another because of enticing another to drag race. As a LEO we are not above the law, must abide them just as anyone else on and off duty.

Even myself in the Mustang people entice me to race, I just ignore them and move on. My philosophy is save it for the track a quarter mile at a time...
Old 5/8/15, 01:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ejpatrone
As a LEO we are not above the law, must abide them just as anyone else on and off duty.

You should tell the local authorities around my parts that talking on a cellphone while operating a vehicle is a 300+ dollar fine with demerit points.....
Old 5/8/15, 01:45 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ very well said. But based on the comments prior, sounds like all the LEO's are doing the bait thing
Old 5/9/15, 04:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If a police officer is trying to make a driver break the law it is called entrapment.
If a police officer is trying to make someone break the law that is infact entrapment.

HOWEVER

The police are allowed to provide an opportunity for you (a potential suspect) to break the law. Entrapment occurs when police go BEYOND providing an opportunity for you to break the law.

Let me give a car related example.

A LEO is driving in an unmarked Shelby as part of the highway safety division and sees a modified Honda Civic. The LEO pulls up next to said vehicle, hits a couple of downshifts and does a few light throttle pulls to pronounce the supercharger whine which could potentially instigate a race in some cases. So, if the Honda chooses to engage the Shelby in a race, the LEO in the Shelby can stop said vehicle for choosing to engage in a street race. It is a simple opportunity which was provided by the LEO in the Shelby to the Honda. The Honda did not have to engage in it. The choice remained neutral/open and was made out of the Honda driver's own free will without any consequences being contingent on accepting or declining the Shelby's offer.

Entrapment may include a LEO tail gating a vehicle for an extended period of time with an intention to force that vehicle to exceed the speed limit. Then stopping and charging said vehicle for speeding. More extreme cases may include; an undercover officer threatening a suspect with violence in order to try and convince them to sell drugs, or police purposely putting a certain patron or party in danger contingent on said patron failing to perform an illegal action etc. etc. Police are very careful with what they do and how they provide opportunities for potential suspects to break the law. Anytime the police go beyond providing an opportunity to break the law, we call that entrapment.
Old 5/9/15, 05:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
You should tell the local authorities around my parts that talking on a cellphone while operating a vehicle is a 300+ dollar fine with demerit points.....
Police are formally trained in multitasking and operation of motor vehicles.
They have computers inside in their vehicles which they use while driving.
Old 5/10/15, 05:29 AM
V6 Member

Entrapment is a fine line and yes it does fall with the suspect to take action to accomplish law breaking. Example is a prostitution sting. If the operation has two female officers walking around the block dressed like a prostitute and is approached by a "John" for sex then it is a good arrest. If the officer yells over to the man and says "hey for 20 bucks you get $$$$$%^&^", then this is entrapment. I agree if the whine of a supercharger entices a person to race it is on them. I believe entrapment comes into play if the officer itself breaks the law to cause another to break the law. Example is the same GT500 jumping the the line and indicating the person to engage in a race. I know in the county district court where I work it would be thrown out by the judge. But as you shown here is a fine line and your example was direct and on key. Just showing off you have a supercharger is not against the law. Anyway what an embarrassment to the Civic as the GT500 melts some rubber and whips through the quarter in the low 11s...LOL.
Old 5/10/15, 07:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
This happens all the time to me as well. I get people who tailgate me up until I hit a curve and don't slow down, just maintain the posted speed limits, which usually is too fast for the crap car they are driving. Who says Mustangs can't turn? Not this guy.
THIS is my absolute favorite situation! I have a few corners near me where I do not brake. I roll it at 55-60 and people who don't realize simply disappear from my mirrors.
Old 5/10/15, 07:20 AM
FR500 Member

"hey for 20 bucks you get $$$$$%^&^"
I haven't paid $20 in years.....it's double that at least nowadays.
Old 5/10/15, 07:18 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

I haven't paid $20 in years.....it's double that at least nowadays.
Old 5/11/15, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

If a police officer is trying to make a driver break the law it is called entrapment. A police officer can react to another drivers action if they first cause the officer to react. LEO can not cause another to break the law. I know this only because I am LEO. It would be equivalent to watching a person you know who is clearly drunk by stumbling and falling and then wait for them to get into a vehicle and drive so you can arrest them for DWI. A police officer has a responsibility to protect the public against harm and must stop the individual from driving the car. If those police officers are conducting themselves in this manner by leading one to break the law they should be punished for deception to the public. Our job is to protect people not to cause them to break the law and possible kill another because of enticing another to drag race. As a LEO we are not above the law, must abide them just as anyone else on and off duty.

Even myself in the Mustang people entice me to race, I just ignore them and move on. My philosophy is save it for the track a quarter mile at a time...
Hey buddy thank you for your Service Sir. Lots of respect for you! Quick question, in my situation, only thing I had left was to report the incident to my local sheriff. I Knew that police would not act this way, sadly the crazy driver that went nuts on me said he was a police officer, yet he did not have a badge or anything... Impersonating a cop isn't that a felony? Especially when you road rage and try to get others into fight? IMO he should be off the streets...
Old 5/12/15, 04:08 AM
V6 Member

Thank you for the compliment and you are correct if the person is a police officer he/she should not be a cop. People should be treated with respect especially with traffic stops. Most law abiding citizens only encounter with police is a traffic stop and can leave a bad taste if the officer is rude. Answer to impersonating a police officer it varies by state, some states it is a felony some not. Most people I stop warning are issued because I do 70 in a 55 and I will not be a hypocrite and give a ticket for something I do. Mustang owners get breaks because they are great! LOL

Quick Reply: Had a first today...an annoying one