Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Gumout® Complete Fuel System Cleaner Giveaway

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/17, 12:17 PM
IB Staff

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Gumout® Complete Fuel System Cleaner Giveaway

We know there is always skepticism with any fuel additive, so we asked Gumout to prove that their product works. The folks at Gumout did just that and flew several forum users and our editorial team to a testing laboratory at the Transportation Research Center (TRC) in East Liberty, Ohio.

Gumout purchased a Hyundai Sonata with 80,000 miles at random from a local used-car dealership to show us typical deposit buildup on a vehicle driven by the average consumer. Gumout’s plan for this car? Show us its innards, reassemble it, fill the fuel tank with Gumout One-N-Done Complete Fuel System Cleaner treatment, drive the car and burn through a whole tank of fuel in accordance with the American Section for Testing Materials’ (ASTM) industry-standard testing procedures, pull the car apart once again, and see the results.

Check out our video below and read the full review to see the results. Turns out, it works great!

Gumout wants to give away one prize package to allow you to see the improvements on your own vehicle. The package includes:

1 x Gumout Multi System Tune Up
1 x Gumout One-n-Done
2 x Gumout All-in-One
1 x Gumout Bottle Opener
1 x Gumout T-Shirt
1 x Large Gumout Decal

In order to win, post in this thread to let us know where you took your car this summer and the phrase "I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products." Feel free to include images of your summer trip if possible. Winner will be chosen at random on August 25th at 12:00PM PT.

Full Contest Rules
Old 8/16/17, 07:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I have no story. Went to Lake Livingston and back, no pictures, and while that's a nice trip from the Houston area, it's not that much of a driving story. 59 is boring. Drove the back roads to 45 about New Waverly a little. 224 is a nice road on that side of the lake. Other than that weekender, just drove to work a whole lot and back. Haven't been anywhere else really this summer, just had too much work. Thems the breaks I guess.

Why am I here? Well, I'm just dropping in to say this is pretty awesome of Gumout and TMS! And to wish the entrants whoever they may be good dang luck to y'all!
Old 8/17/17, 06:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
I have no story. Went to Lake Livingston and back, no pictures, and while that's a nice trip from the Houston area, it's not that much of a driving story. 59 is boring. Drove the back roads to 45 about New Waverly a little. 224 is a nice road on that side of the lake. Other than that weekender, just drove to work a whole lot and back. Haven't been anywhere else really this summer, just had too much work. Thems the breaks I guess.

Why am I here? Well, I'm just dropping in to say this is pretty awesome of Gumout and TMS! And to wish the entrants whoever they may be good dang luck to y'all!
Well go take a road trip.... Its time
Old 8/17/17, 06:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Actually, I am!... but I need more room for the passengers, so... yeah, not gonna work in Awesome.

If I get a trip in before the timer runs out, I'll post it up with pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one describing what it was.
Old 8/21/17, 01:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I took a few road trips this summer in my (new to me) Mustang. This is my first summer with the Mustang so every trip is a nice one, even taking the back roads to work a few times a month. I haven't used any of the Gumout products yet but I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products as soon as I do.

My first summer road trip was to the Point Defiance Aquarium in Tacoma WA. The car ran great and it was a great trip with my wife.

My next trip was a solo one to Blue River Reservoir in Blue River Oregon. Beautiful drive up Hwy OR-126 and perfect driving weather.

My most recent trip was to Sea Lion Caves in Florence OR. out on the Oregon coast. This one was with my wife a daughter. Another beautiful drive and great weather, once we got to the coast.

I'm looking forward to more rad trips with the Mustang and there is still some summer left. I spent WAY too many years in the minivan stage of life. it's nice to be able to actually go somewhere and enjoy the drive and experience as apposed to just getting from point A to point B. -David
The following users liked this post:
IB Cristina (8/31/17)
Old 8/22/17, 12:29 PM
IB Staff

Reminder:

In order to win, post in this thread to let us know where you took your car this summer and the phrase "I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products."

I'll delete this message before choosing a winner so that it doesn't mess with our random number generator.
Old 8/22/17, 12:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I just got back from the Woodward dream cruise. Good stuff
Old 8/23/17, 09:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I'm driving my 2013 Mustang GT from Georgia to Oklahoma. I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products."
IB Cristina (8/31/17)
Old 8/25/17, 08:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I took a trip to a car show in the woods at Dauphin Island Al.
"I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products."
Attached Thumbnails -p1010790.jpg  

Last edited by TheReaper; 8/25/17 at 09:00 AM.
IB Cristina (8/31/17)
Old 9/1/17, 07:57 PM
IB Staff

Congratulations, SpectreH> !

You just won yourself some Gumout stuff. PM me with your name, address, phone number and email address so we can send out your stuff!
SpectreH (9/1/17)
Old 9/1/17, 08:32 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Sweet! PM sent, and thanks!

Last edited by SpectreH; 9/1/17 at 08:37 PM.
Old 9/5/17, 07:36 PM
IB Staff

Congratulations, TheReaper, we had an extra prize and it's all yours!

PM me with your name, address, phone number, email address and t-shirt size so we can send out your stuff!
Old 9/6/17, 11:42 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Congratulations David!
SpectreH (9/6/17)
Old 9/6/17, 06:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by IB Cristina

PM me with your name, address, phone number, email address and t-shirt size so we can send out your stuff!
Thanks.

PM sent.
Old 9/9/17, 09:11 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Package arrived! Thanks!!!
Old 9/11/17, 05:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by IB Cristina

Got today, Thanks.
Old 9/11/17, 07:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Package arrived! Thanks!!!
Nice prize.