2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

GT's and GT500 should come with Depends

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/14, 09:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Banging it through 4th gear actually makes you "that guy" however I don't believe that it was out of control sideways through 4th gear. I know the 5.0 is strong but through 4th gear I doubt. If you didn't want to be "that guy" you should have feathered it after 2nd.

Hell, in 4th gear I'd be doing 130+ (granted that's in a GT500). You want to see needing depends, try merging onto the freeway in a straight line at 35 degrees on F1:G2 tires like I did last week and have it get completely sideways at 70 mph in 3rd gear out of the blue while trying to move into the middle lane. That will give you a need for a diaper.
I agree. Fishtailed while in 2nd to 3rd then corrected and caught traction to 4th. I wasn't doing 70 or anything. I probably barely hit 60 but it lost traction in 2nd while making the turn.
The point is, i failed to give the proper respect and shouldn't have punched it in the first place, especially on street tires, and on cold pavement.
Old 1/18/14, 09:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
If you continue to pull out if front of people, you will, eventually, be killed and possibly take others with you! It would be wise not to keep doing it. It's just not worth it!

I looked before I pulled out and the guy was plenty far back and had another lane to get into (which he did not just to prove a point I guess). He was also going at least 70 in a 55 because by the time I got up to speed, I was going 70 to get him off of my bumper. He was just being a jerk.

But thanks for the advice. I just started driving last week and need all the help I can get.
Old 1/18/14, 10:27 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

It is only acceptable to pull out in front of a Prius
Old 1/18/14, 12:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
My friend manages a private airstrip where we do some motorcycle racing as well, so i am going to take mine out there and learn her behaviour a little bit. Going to borrow a camera and learn how to smoke show this car too.
Old 1/18/14, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I looked before I pulled out and the guy was plenty far back and had another lane to get into (which he did not just to prove a point I guess). He was also going at least 70 in a 55 because by the time I got up to speed, I was going 70 to get him off of my bumper. He was just being a jerk.

But thanks for the advice. I just started driving last week and need all the help I can get.
I think I've met that jerk's cousin a few months ago while making a right turn leaving a restaurant in our SUV. My daughter said she saw his Beemer speed up a lot before climbing my rear bumper with high beams and horn blasting. I make it a point to ignore idiots whenever possible. I guess he needed more so he speeds past me, cuts in front of me and slams on his breaks coming to a stop. I know that idiot maneuver and simply slowed to a stop a little ways behind him, unable to keep going because of traffic. He then opens his door and gets out! The young woman he was with was screaming at him at the top of her lungs. Apparently what she said worked; he got back in and took off.

I'm pretty sure she saved his life...
Old 1/18/14, 07:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Practice your drifting skills.
Old 1/18/14, 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
buncha noobs

You got it dude.
Old 1/18/14, 08:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that something isn't square with the OP...who on this earth upshifts while spinning the rear tires and doesn't get off the accelerator? Sounds spurious.
Old 1/18/14, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that something isn't square with the OP...who on this earth upshifts while spinning the rear tires and doesn't get off the accelerator? Sounds spurious.
You guys are funny.

Now if I implied it was down to the floor from 2nd to 4th I apologize. It was not. I punched it in 2nd during a turn. Me punching it is not flooring it and red lining it through all gears.. When I "punched" it in 2nd during the turn I lost traction, i was transitioning into 3rd with me not letting my foot off the gas, still little traction, while going into 4th, drop in rpm , traction good, kept going. . Again, should have kicked it in neutral and take the foot off the gas , but that has been addressed.
Not sure why I wouldn't go up in gears. Don't know, maybe I suck at manual driving. Sure wasn't going to downshift
I still stand by the fact that I nearly p!ssed my pants.

Last edited by woodzusa; 1/18/14 at 10:23 PM.
Old 1/18/14, 10:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by woodzusa
You guys are funny.

Now if I implied it was down to the floor from 2nd to 4th I apologize. It was not. I punched it in 2nd during a turn. Me punching it is not flooring it and red lining it through all gears.. When I "punched" it in 2nd during the turn I lost traction, i was transitioning into 3rd with me not letting my foot off the gas, still little traction, while going into 4th, drop in rpm , traction good, kept going. . Again, should have kicked it in neutral and take the foot off the gas , but that has been addressed.
Not sure why I wouldn't go up in gears. Don't know, maybe I suck at manual driving. Sure wasn't going to downshift
I still stand by the fact that I nearly p!ssed my pants.
We're just giving you a hard time man. We're like teenagers. We know EVERYTHING, we're better at EVERYTHING, and we're INVINCIBLE.
Old 1/19/14, 08:46 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by todcp
It is only acceptable to pull out in front of a Prius
My wife hates it when I do that to her!!!

Kidding
Old 1/19/14, 01:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

We're just giving you a hard time man. We're like teenagers. We know EVERYTHING, we're better at EVERYTHING, and we're INVINCIBLE.
Plus we have Shelbys.
Old 1/19/14, 02:07 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
'spurious'… gotta love it when big fancy words are thrown around
Old 1/19/14, 02:13 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Plus we have Shelbys.
If I'd have had it when I was a teenager, I'd have been dead.
Old 1/19/14, 02:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
My wife hates it when I do that to her!!! Kidding
Oh jeez lol
Old 1/19/14, 06:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Plus we have Shelbys.

Giving myself until age of 45 and I hopefully will have the economic means to purchase such a car (assuming that ford is still making them then and they are not hideous).

If they are ugly then I will get a nice used '14 and maybe a Termi for kicks. So you guys need to baby them in case I want to take them off your hands
Old 1/20/14, 12:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by woodzusa

Giving myself until age of 45 and I hopefully will have the economic means to purchase such a car (assuming that ford is still making them then and they are not hideous).

If they are ugly then I will get a nice used '14 and maybe a Termi for kicks. So you guys need to baby them in case I want to take them off your hands
That ain't happenin'. BTW, I'm 40 now, and it's possible. Besides, there will always be people who want to go fast, no matter what Detroit or Germany or Japan is pushing out. Just remember, when the gubment takes the fun out of cars, there's a mod for that.
Old 1/20/14, 12:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

If I'd have had it when I was a teenager, I'd have been dead.
I wouldn't have been allowed. My dad would have sold it. He barely trusted me in a '73 LTD with the 429 under the hood.

Old 1/20/14, 12:13 PM
Banned

if you punched it till 4th, wouldn't you have been doing about 100mph?
Old 1/20/14, 06:42 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
I wouldn't have been allowed. My dad would have sold it. He barely trusted me in a '73 LTD with the 429 under the hood.
I always asked my Dad when I was growing up and driving why doesn't he get the bigger engines in his cars? He would reply because of you!

Quick Reply: GT's and GT500 should come with Depends