2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

GT's and GT500 should come with Depends

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/14, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT's and GT500 should come with Depends

Yep,
Like the title says. I'm talking about adult diapers.
I nearly soiled my self this morning driving the GT. Did one of the things you shouldn't do. I was turning and punched it due to a car that turned right behind me and it looked like he was going to hit my rear.

So what happens when a GT is floored while in a turn on street tires and cold pavement. Ohh, yeah. I fishtailed till I hit 4th.
Pretty sure if I had a GT500 or the GT had FI, I would have went #2

Not going to lie, it was fun (not on purpose) but it did put some fear in me hoping I didn't slide into another car and that the law wasn't watching
Old 1/16/14, 11:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On cold pavement in the GT500 you would of went around and around....then #2

Those summer compound tires are brutal......
Old 1/17/14, 12:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did a similar thing in my GT. Only with traction control off. And complete 270 degrees into a curb. Rim bent!
Old 1/17/14, 12:27 AM
GT Member

That'll put some hair on your saddle horn.
Old 1/17/14, 05:24 AM
Cobra Member

Thank goodness for traction control! I put my foot in the gas taking a right turn out of a gas station in second gear and the rear end started coming around fast! Letting off the gas and keeping the the wheel turned where I wanted to go without over corrected tucked the tail back in where it belonged. Scary but fun! Or was that fun but scary?
Old 1/17/14, 06:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
buncha noobs

Old 1/17/14, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I thanked Ford for traction control the other day as well. Pulled out and this jerk in a truck refused to switch to the left lane so I felt I must floor it. I fish tailed until about 70 mph. Just that felling of the rear end slipping and moving from side to side at 40+ mph kind of makes your butt pucker up a bit.

Had I not had traction control on, I might not have been so lucky.
Old 1/17/14, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
buncha noobs

I know. In the teen years I purposely did a 360 in a 94 GT. Whole other feeling when it isn't on purpose and the car gets sideways.
Old 1/17/14, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

[QUOTE=Automatic 5.0;6744858]I thanked Ford for traction control the other day as well. Pulled out and this jerk in a truck refused to switch to the left lane so I felt I must floor it. I fish tailed until about 70 mph. Just that felling of the rear end slipping and moving from side to side at 40+ mph kind of makes your butt pucker up a bit.

Had I not had traction control on, I might not have been so lucky.[/QUOTE

Same here. Had it just in advanced track mode. I would probably be eating curb or paying for vehicle repairs if it hadn't.

Makes me wonder why I didn't just let off the gas instead of riding it until 4th gear. I think I was embarrased and wanted to get the heck out of there with all the other cars thinking I'm "THAT" guy that thinks he is Fast and Furious.
Old 1/17/14, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Moejoe_989
I did a similar thing in my GT. Only with traction control off. And complete 270 degrees into a curb. Rim bent!
That sucks. I've bent some rims in my younger years. Swore I would never do anything dumb to cause it again. I am used to my AWD daily driver, I sometimes forget how RWD cars react.
Old 1/17/14, 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
so you shifted all the way til 4th gear while still on the throttle? Why didn't you just let OFF the gas?

Dos not make sense

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Yep,
Like the title says. I'm talking about adult diapers.
I nearly soiled my self this morning driving the GT. Did one of the things you shouldn't do. I was turning and punched it due to a car that turned right behind me and it looked like he was going to hit my rear.

So what happens when a GT is floored while in a turn on street tires and cold pavement. Ohh, yeah. I fishtailed till I hit 4th.
Pretty sure if I had a GT500 or the GT had FI, I would have went #2

Not going to lie, it was fun (not on purpose) but it did put some fear in me hoping I didn't slide into another car and that the law wasn't watching
Old 1/17/14, 11:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by topbliss
so you shifted all the way til 4th gear while still on the throttle? Why didn't you just let OFF the gas? Dos not make sense
Unless auto...

Edit: nvm, read his sig. 6MT.
Old 1/17/14, 12:43 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
after I first got my GT it was wet and early AM (june, not too cold, but a little) and while getting on the freeway turning left I hit the gas and scared the crap out of myself, had it not been for traction control I might have lost control, when you are used to a 4 banger altima, the v8 mustang was interesting to get used to...
Old 1/17/14, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by topbliss
so you shifted all the way til 4th gear while still on the throttle? Why didn't you just let OFF the gas?

Dos not make sense
OP here. Q Answered above Not sure why I didn't either. Felt like an a$$ doing that in front of numerous vehicles on their morning commute . Just wanted to get the heck out of there. So from 2nd gear up to when I kicked it to 4th. She caught traction by the transition from 3rd to 4th. Hope that clarifies
Old 1/17/14, 04:59 PM
GT Member

with all the other cars thinking I'm "THAT" guy that thinks he is Fast and Furious.
Haha this is me just about every time I drive my car.
Old 1/17/14, 05:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you would have had an '88GT for your year-round DD in the snow belt you'd be used to this kinda stuff! :-) Lotsa power and no nannies!!
Old 1/18/14, 01:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I thanked Ford for traction control the other day as well. Pulled out and this jerk in a truck refused to switch to the left lane so I felt I must floor it.

Same here. Had it just in advanced track mode. I would probably be eating curb or paying for vehicle repairs if it hadn't.

Makes me wonder why I didn't just let off the gas instead of riding it until 4th gear. I think I was embarrased and wanted to get the heck out of there with all the other cars thinking I'm "THAT" guy that thinks he is Fast and Furious.
If you continue to pull out if front of people, you will, eventually, be killed and possibly take others with you! It would be wise not to keep doing it. It's just not worth it!
Old 1/18/14, 02:45 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts

Banging it through 4th gear actually makes you "that guy" however I don't believe that it was out of control sideways through 4th gear. I know the 5.0 is strong but through 4th gear I doubt. If you didn't want to be "that guy" you should have feathered it after 2nd.

Hell, in 4th gear I'd be doing 130+ (granted that's in a GT500). You want to see needing depends, try merging onto the freeway in a straight line at 35 degrees on F1:G2 tires like I did last week and have it get completely sideways at 70 mph in 3rd gear out of the blue while trying to move into the middle lane. That will give you a need for a diaper.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/18/14 at 02:48 AM.
Old 1/18/14, 03:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Banging it through 4th gear actually makes you "that guy" however I don't believe that it was out of control sideways through 4th gear. I know the 5.0 is strong but through 4th gear I doubt. If you didn't want to be "that guy" you should have feathered it after 2nd.

Hell, in 4th gear I'd be doing 130+ (granted that's in a GT500). You want to see needing depends, try merging onto the freeway in a straight line at 35 degrees on F1:G2 tires like I did last week and have it get completely sideways at 70 mph in 3rd gear out of the blue while trying to move into the middle lane. That will give you a need for a diaper.
NEW TIRES!!

I put the 888s on the GT500 and it's helped a ton, even with the increased torque from the long tubes. Now, I can let off the throttle a bit and the 888s correct themselves.
Old 1/18/14, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
If you continue to pull out if front of people, you will, eventually, be killed and possibly take others with you! It would be wise not to keep doing it. It's just not worth it!
I agree. It isn't something that is done. But in this instnace I turned right, a vehcile was leaving a parking lot across the street and decided to turn left at the same time. I could have let him hit me but I hit the gas instead. So, while thankfully not causing a wreck I avoided getting hit from the other vehicle.

Quick Reply: GT's and GT500 should come with Depends