2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

GT500 mud flaps on 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/10, 12:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
For those that were wondering what it'd look like, well here it is on my car. Not too flashy, just a subtle look and protects the rear lower plastic "diaper".

look like u waited a little to long to install them, unless thats just dirt/mud

and i think they kinda mess with the look to much
Old 8/13/10, 12:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Dreamtheory
look like u waited a little to long to install them, unless thats just dirt/mud

and i think they kinda mess with the look to much
was gonna ask about the mark on the lower bumper.

I actually think it improves the look from behind.
Old 8/13/10, 06:19 PM
GT Member

Mudflap on Mustang make baby Jesus cry. If I could afford a new GT500, mod #1 would be mudflap removal.

(I'm being semi sarcastic. As mudflaps go, they don't look THAT bad. However, I've spent some time in the local showroom, ogling the GT500's and in person the rear mudflaps stick out like a sore thumb. Unless I heard from Ford that they were an aerodynamic aid, they would be gone.)
Old 8/16/10, 09:52 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Kevindust
Mudflap on Mustang make baby Jesus cry. If I could afford a new GT500, mod #1 would be mudflap removal.

(I'm being semi sarcastic. As mudflaps go, they don't look THAT bad. However, I've spent some time in the local showroom, ogling the GT500's and in person the rear mudflaps stick out like a sore thumb. Unless I heard from Ford that they were an aerodynamic aid, they would be gone.)
Wow..I guess I just dont believe that so many people are against the mud flap, I think it makes the rear end look better. That is why every Mustang is similar yet different for each person. If they were traditional mud flaps like on trucks, I would not put them on, but these i really like for some reason. Oh well.
Old 8/16/10, 09:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
I think the mud flaps look better than the scratches, so I think I might add these to the ever growing mods list for my 2010 GT, I wish they had them for the front too
Old 8/16/10, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

I just did these on my car and I think it really makes the car look better from behind, and it's functional so I'm all for it.
Old 8/16/10, 10:56 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bert
I think the mud flaps look better than the scratches, so I think I might add these to the ever growing mods list for my 2010 GT, I wish they had them for the front too
I think someone else was interested about front ones, but no screws on the front to attach something like this. But a great mod in my opinion that has a function!
Old 8/16/10, 02:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

I guess to each his own, i like them and didn't put them on to please others. What appears to be a scratch on the lower rear plastic fascia is actually just mud.
Old 8/16/10, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess to each his own, i like them and didn't put them on to please others. What appears to be a scratch on the lower rear plastic fascia is actually just mud.
I like em too....Functional and subtle. I've got a set on order...
Old 8/16/10, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Modshack
I like em too....Functional and subtle. I've got a set on order...
Good for 'ya Steve, are you going to powder coat them ! Just sayin'. Fixed my rattle out back, removed the FRPP spring and reinstalled correctly. Bar has now settled and is no longer moving. All is fine. Just have to order some axle backs now. But which ones.....
Old 8/16/10, 03:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good for 'ya Steve, are you going to powder coat them ! Just sayin'. Fixed my rattle out back, removed the FRPP spring and reinstalled correctly. Bar has now settled and is no longer moving. All is fine. Just have to order some axle backs now. But which ones.....
Ah...Glad ya got that fixed! I went ahead and ordered the Bassani's but they're not shipping yet...I have a pic of my Charcoal powdercoat against a Sterling car...I'll PM you on that along with some other stuff...

Last edited by Modshack; 8/16/10 at 03:03 PM.
Old 8/16/10, 06:08 PM
Banned

i dont blame u for installing them. i have them on my 2003 GT. They help so much and def dont look bad. u have to get ford molded ones or they look like trash. Can u post a whole picture of your car ?? looks sick, im months away from ordering the same car..
Old 8/16/10, 07:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt
i dont blame u for installing them. i have them on my 2003 GT. They help so much and def dont look bad. u have to get ford molded ones or they look like trash. Can u post a whole picture of your car ?? looks sick, im months away from ordering the same car..
There you go :
https://themustangsource.com/f726/st...-shoot-485588/
Old 8/17/10, 02:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Dan... have you decided which axleback exhaust you're going to install... Like I said before, it seems like we have very, very similar taste!

BTW: My baby's birthday should be in 2 days and should be in my driveway soon!
Old 8/26/10, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Installed mine earlier this week. Dealer ordered and charged me $48.00 for the pair. The parts guy had ever seen them before and was a little surprised at what came in. I think he was looking for the full mud flap instead of an aero splash guard. Took 15 minutes to install. Thanks to Montreal Ponies for starting this thread.
Old 8/27/10, 07:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Installed mine earlier this week. Dealer ordered and charged me $48.00 for the pair. The parts guy had ever seen them before and was a little surprised at what came in. I think he was looking for the full mud flap instead of an aero splash guard. Took 15 minutes to install. Thanks to Montreal Ponies for starting this thread.
I installed it without taking the tire off, had a hell of a time with screws cause needed a small screwdriver which I didnt have with me, should have went back to my step fathers to get the right tool, but took about an hour because of this. I was an idiot and could have taken about 5 mins if I drove and got the right size tool..now I know.
Old 8/27/10, 04:53 PM

Thanks to the OP for this thread. I did this with my '11 V6. I like the look and the function. They do seem to keep some of the splash of the rear fascia. I'd be too embarrassed to say what the stealer here in Ontario charged me for them! Ouch! See 'em, like 'em, buy 'em!
Old 8/27/10, 09:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Glad i started an aero splash guard trend in the Mustang world. I'm waiting on the Bassani, stay tuned.
Old 8/27/10, 10:31 PM
V6 Member

That looks Killer. I am going to have to order me a set!. Thanks for the pics!

BTW you will love the bassani... amazing smooth not raspy sound and very deep. I have the axle backs right now(long story) but my full system should be here next week.
Old 8/30/10, 09:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I want these.

What's the easiest way to order these? Just go to the dealer and ask for them? Any way to do it online?

Quick Reply: GT500 mud flaps on 5.0