2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
View Poll Results: Which package would you pick?
California Special
30.63%
Brembo
69.37%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

GT/CS vs Brembo

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/10, 05:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went GT/CS because I didn't plan on going to the track and loved the look inside and out.

I also had the thought (since i got it in black) to remove the stripe and put a 5.0 badge on both sides like the other GT but i still haven't made a final decision
Old 10/8/10, 06:41 AM
GT Member

Well for the people that think you can go over to Bermbos lather on for $600 to $800 dollars here the link to the kit form ford racing http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/Ford_Racing_Mustang_14_inch_Brembo_Brake_Kit_p/m-2300-s.htm
you be lucky to get the rims to fit the brakes for that price let alone the brake kit than there still more parts after that you need to get to get done right . It by far cheaper to get the brembo when you buy the car new than to add on later .
Old 10/8/10, 08:36 AM
V6 Member

IMO the CS package is tacky. I would definitely go for the Brembo package.
Old 10/8/10, 01:06 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same dilemma as you. I liked the CS interior and wheels, but liked the Brembo front end and wheels better so went with that. So the brakes were a performance "bonus" in the end for me.

Like somebody else said, the CS is mainly an appearance package, so depends on if you value the appearance you're getting.
Old 10/8/10, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

The BBP is worth it for the wheels alone!
Old 10/8/10, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

i like a blank pallet to make look how i want it to look, so the CS wasnt for me
Old 10/8/10, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

everytime i hear someone say brembo i always think of this video

"you need brembo" LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1OtV...layer_embedded

(no youtube embed here?)
Old 10/8/10, 05:08 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c
everytime i hear someone say brembo i always think of this video

"you need brembo" LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1OtV...layer_embedded

(no youtube embed here?)
Weird, I can't even view this video in Canada.

"This video contains content from Comcast Entertainment Group, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Boooooo Comcast!!
Old 10/8/10, 05:31 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
The body is pretty simple to update to the GT/CS ... if you want the GT/CS interior ... then you might as well order the CS since there is no other way to get it unless you are gonna spend BIG $$$.

I CSified my 2010 ... but skipped the billet chrome grill ...
I'm not a fan of the CS myself, but your car look **** good dm.
Old 10/9/10, 01:00 PM
V6 Member

Polls crack me up. Good way to get opinions, though, and everyone has one. I buy what I like based upon my research and what fits me best - dealer negotiations included. I may be mistaken, but doesn't the Brembo package come with summer tires? That's what I understood, so I didn't pursue any further. When I went to look at the new Mustangs, the GT/CS I decided upon was just recently delivered, was the color I wanted (white), dealer was willing to finalize a deal that I wanted, and the more I looked it over, the more I like it. Originally, the side stripe and the spoiler size had me wondering, but I like the side stripe better than the rocker-panel striping and the spoiler added a "muscular" v "rice" (IMO) appearance that I'm good with. The truck area (with this spoiler) is not my favorite part of the car to wash as it takes more time, but - back to the original thought-process - the GT/CS stops just fine with the brakes it has for the way I choose to drive. Interesting discussion.
Old 10/9/10, 01:45 PM
V6 Member

One of the main reasons I went with the Brembo package is that I really like the wheels that come with it. The CS wheels just don't do it for me so it good we all have a choice.

I would think the main reason for the summer tire are that they perform better and make it look like you are getting something for your money. But for the money, $1,695 list, you get bigger brakes and calipers, bigger summer high price tires, fancy wheels, and strut brace. I think this is an excellent deal and you cannot do this for this price aftermarket. I very much doubt I will spend the money to get the same quality tires when the time comes for new ones.

But I do think the standard brakes are more than okay.

TED
Old 10/10/10, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I haven't driven a CS buy many who have driven both say that the brembo cars handle better.
Old 10/10/10, 08:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
I myself would get the Brembo in Sterling Grey and put the Appearance stuff that I liked from the CS on the car myself.
Old 10/10/10, 10:03 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
Race Red. Just like I saw it at the Washington Auto Show. I knew I was getting an 11 but when I saw the CS I knew I had to have it, Race Red and with the All Glass Roof. Has a great red and black feel.
Did you get your car yet? This is one of the colors I want in my GT/CS for '12 (if available) and really haven't seen any good pics of one! Would love to see some if you have any!
Old 7/16/12, 09:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by denlem

Did you get your car yet? This is one of the colors I want in my GT/CS for '12 (if available) and really haven't seen any good pics of one! Would love to see some if you have any!
Gentlemen, I have been to F150 and back. Just bought a 2013 mustang GT with the track pack....love it! I don't have my glass roof, NAV or the scoops though. But I got the important stuff!
Old 7/16/12, 09:07 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I think it all depends on what kind of driving youll be doing. The track pack or brembo pack are both performance oriented so if you do some sportier driving, auto-x, track days, then theres your car. If you want more style and creature comforts then cs is the car for you. For me id take cs. I love the styling and accents And how the whole package comes together.
But like i said it all depends on the kind of driving youll be doing.
Performance - Brembo/Track packs
Style - GT/CS
Old 7/16/12, 10:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by pcanno167
Gentlemen, I have been to F150 and back. Just bought a 2013 mustang GT with the track pack....love it! I don't have my glass roof, NAV or the scoops though. But I got the important stuff!
Holy thread revival batman
Old 7/17/12, 01:45 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 7/17/12, 04:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Had to make same choice when I ordered mine. I really like the fog less grill, the stand up spoiler and the interior. Our SHO has the suede inserts, and I really like them. I went with Track Pack primarily because of the brakes and torsen, not available on the CS, and I wanted GHIG! It looks to be chaeper to change out the grill than to add the mods. On the other hand, if you are planning a suspension or brake upgrade down the road, go with the CS. Remember, its your car and you have to live with it.
Old 7/17/12, 04:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

LRS has the upper and lower grille inserts and the fog lights. You reuse your existing fascia but change out the plastic inserts. The parts are pricey. It works out to be around $1100 for the two inserts and the fog lights. I've been scoping this out. The CS also uses the Boss splitter.

Quick Reply: GT/CS vs Brembo