Search this Thread

Old 10/16/08, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love that grabber blue.
Old 10/16/08, 11:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh also, the black plastic looking rocker panels and rear bumper piece actually looked good quality. It really made the car stand out a little more too. I liked it alot.
Old 10/16/08, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bsmotorsports05
I was just messing about the interior pics because the other pics I took of the car came out like crap. The glare on the windows hid the interior, and the front pics were blurry since I took them when I was pulling up. It did have my color, he was rockin' the blue. The car sounded pretty sweet. A couple things I noticed is that the new headlights look bad *** in person as compared to in pictures, and the fake gas cap looked huge. The rear antenna looked cool, and the hood and fenders look sweet The interior was nicely done. It was mostly all black, but with nice chrome accents. And im sorry but I cant remember even seeing what radio it had in it, I was too busy looking at the front of the car and wondering when this dude was gonna catch me checking it out.

Oh and by the way, he left the car UNLOCKED. He just waddled up and opened the door! Thats when i started talkin to him and asked If I can come over and see the interior, and he said NO!!!!! I said well im gonna take a few pics then, and he said, "better do it quick, because im gone". And boy he hauled *** outta there quick as I took about three more shots. Car sounded nice. They must have changed the exhaust on it because it sounded nothing like my 4.6 did stock, or modded for that. Sounded deeper... nicer.
Hmmmm makes one wonder what was under the hood? Could Ford be leaving everyone in the dark and change the powertrain too?
Old 10/16/08, 12:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh also, the black plastic looking rocker panels and rear bumper piece actually looked good quality. It really made the car stand out a little more too. I liked it alot.
A lot of premium branded cars have been doing the bumper on black plastic thing for years. I think for is trying to emulate that look in the mustang and make it look like a premium brand even though it isn't. All the pictures i have seen lean to this theory (interior shots definitely try to make it look schnazier).
Old 10/16/08, 01:17 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
On my way to work and was turning down the side road to it when I spotted a car that looked like a cow. I immediately knew what it was. I threw the mustang into the gas station and not a car except it was there. I think the driver must have had to go to the bathroom because I had plenty of time to become acquainted with the vert gt.

Let me say this car looks fabulous in person!! The front end is sweet, and the interior, well, is awesome!!

The first thing I did when I pulled up was call my girl and tell her what I was looking at. But I managed to snap a few pics after I hung up. I don't think you guys care to see the interior pictures so I'll just show a boring behind shot or two. sorry for the quality cell phone pictures...

I asked the guy If I could sit in it and he said uhhhhhhh NO!

Great catch!!! Blurry or not, get those front end pics up too
Old 10/16/08, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Hmmmm makes one wonder what was under the hood? Could Ford be leaving everyone in the dark and change the powertrain too?

Just to add a little bit to that train of thought, I believe that Ford will be bringing out a 2010 Tarus edition that will make use of the TT V6 (Echo boost engine) that is reported to make about 350 HP. It seems out of line for Ford to have a Tarus SVO (or whatever it is they will call it) that will put out more HP than the Mustang GT, not that it would be unheard of, just that it wouldnt seem quite right in the scheme of things. to push the Tarus to that level and leave the Mustang alone.

Also, I like the blacked out bottom half, however, I do not like the design of the rear extractor. It seems to be to bulky to do what I believe Ford intends - to reduce the apparent size of the rear of the car. I think it would both be more effective in that as well as look much nicer if it was a design similar to that of the Camaro, kind of a minimalist approach.

Last edited by b_btrick; 10/16/08 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10/16/08, 01:42 PM
Cobra Member

The black plastic cover looks an awful lot like the one on the rx-8 from that profile.

Roger
Old 10/16/08, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Hope that deeper exhaust sound is a sign of significant hp increase.

Thanks for the additional info...
Old 10/16/08, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

Still do not like the rear, its the low point of the car. Might be better when its totally unveiled.
Old 10/16/08, 03:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I am NOT feeling those wheels....

I like how the tail lights look lit up
Old 10/16/08, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, those wheels are the ugliest of the bunch. However, the 19" Premium "teaser" version is one of the best Mustang wheel designs I've seen in a long time.
Old 10/16/08, 05:52 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I LOVE those wheels
Old 10/16/08, 06:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
The wheels look awesome IMO. They look like the old Halibrand wheels a little. And OP tell me, did you run your hand along the hip? No really did you? Cuz that woulda been the first thing I woulda done...
Old 10/16/08, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
...did you run your hand along the hip? No really did you? Cuz that woulda been the first thing I woulda done...
He probably did not in fear of being charged with sexual harrasment.
Old 10/16/08, 06:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice catch. I'm guessing the deeper exhaust note was the Bullitt mufflers.
Old 10/16/08, 06:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Were the other lights in the interior blue like the dash? Can you post some of those interior pics?

Last edited by Deric; 10/16/08 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10/16/08, 11:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I think i Just figured out why they put the white bars in the taillights
maybe to try and replicate the splits in the old tail lights? http://www.metromusclecars.com/67-68%20_taillight_.JPG
Old 10/17/08, 05:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Deric
Were the other lights in the interior blue like the dash? Can you post some of those interior pics?
The sad thing is the other pics didnt take well at all. My instinct phone sucks for taking pics. After you snap the pick it shows a the picture you captured, and if you dont hold the phone completely still it will blur the hole pic. There is no flash on the phone either so it gets really blury at night. This is the best shot I have of it from the front, and its horrible. But you can see the outside mirrors painted a nice blue though.

Also to answer a few more questions that were asked... About the dash lights... When I looked close inside the lights werent on so I didnt have a chance tell if the other lights were same colored. But , when he turned on the car to leave, from my position, I saw the blue my color but I dont remember seeing any other blue colors of light on the dash.

About touching it... No way!! I stayed away from that bad boy as far as touching. I wanted to so bad though!
Old 10/17/08, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by 95_5.0@16
I think i Just figured out why they put the white bars in the taillights
maybe to try and replicate the splits in the old tail lights? http://www.metromusclecars.com/67-68%20_taillight_.JPG

Thanks Mr. Obvious!...

j/k.....It will look down right sexy on a white car...as for the other colors...we'll have to wait and see how it integrates.
Old 10/17/08, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the pics. Is it me or does the new hood look like the one from the steeda q car?

Quick Reply: Got to check out a 2010 mustang today!!