Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Getting Closer...

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/10, 09:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Closer...

Looks like I'm getting closer to delivery of my new baby! The dealer called me yesterday and confirmed that the vehicle has been shipped and is now on a train to Tampa. Should be here next week!!! Can't wait!

However, I discovered an interesting fact when the dealer e-mailed me the pdf file of my window sticker. When I looked up my window sticker online (I forgot the exact Ford site, but it was posted in another thread here), it showed the production date of 08/17/10 (next to the blend number), however the new date showed 08/30/10. Everything else looks like it remained the same.
So I guess my car was actually born on 08/30/10 then and must have been shipped fairly quick, considering that yesterday was only the 7th of September.

Did any of you experience the same shift in production date on your current orders?
Old 9/9/10, 07:50 AM

Congrats! I also should be getting my car soon. I had a build date of 8/15 and an original delivery date of 8/29. My new delivery date is 9/15 so I can only assume that the production date shifted out a bit.

My dealer has not been very responsive in keeping me informed about my car. I'm always reaching out to them, they never reach out to me. How did you get your window sticker? Do you have to formally request it?

How are you dealing with the anticipation? It's driving me insane. I have all my Roush parts ready to go, I just need the car!
Old 9/9/10, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Dennis:

I completely agree with you in regards of the anticipation! I just can't wait until I pick her up and give her a new home. I try not to think about it, but hope that the dealer is calling me any day to tell me that my car has arrived!

I did not request the window sticker, but my dealer e-mailed it to me. If you like you can look up the window sticker yourself with the link below. All you have to do is add your VIN number after the "=" at the end.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...icker.pdf?vin=

Hope this helps...

Let us know when you get your baby!
Old 9/10/10, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011 GT
Looks like I'm getting closer to delivery of my new baby! The dealer called me yesterday and confirmed that the vehicle has been shipped and is now on a train to Tampa. Should be here next week!!! Can't wait!

However, I discovered an interesting fact when the dealer e-mailed me the pdf file of my window sticker. When I looked up my window sticker online (I forgot the exact Ford site, but it was posted in another thread here), it showed the production date of 08/17/10 (next to the blend number), however the new date showed 08/30/10. Everything else looks like it remained the same.
So I guess my car was actually born on 08/30/10 then and must have been shipped fairly quick, considering that yesterday was only the 7th of September.

Did any of you experience the same shift in production date on your current orders?
Mine had a production date of 8-25 and a delivery date of 9-14. I spoke to Ford cs and they told me the delivery date changed to 9-11. Well I haven't been able to get much info from the salesman so I went to blue oval forums and got it tracked. It was on a railcar in Ohio and a new delivery date of 9-22. Mine is coming to S.Florida so I hope you have better luck than I do.