Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The mirrors and back rocks!!!
Old 10/31/06, 12:24 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
thanks guys.
I never did a rear of that car and I gotta give credit to Chris (knight) for the side scallop it was his awesome idea I borrowed
Old 10/31/06, 12:45 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
appreciate the credit but the real credit is to the guys in the 1960's that designed the mustang! cause my render that doug is talking about is based off heritage.

Old 10/31/06, 02:25 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
*sigh* I remember this. Definately one of my faves

That nose is just great
Old 10/31/06, 02:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good once again, Doug.

Man...that'd be tempting to trade up to for that look and increase in HP.
Old 10/31/06, 07:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first pic. with a 5.0 or 5.4 3v at around 350hp would be SICKK!

Those DD Fanblades and mirrors are to die for!!
Old 10/31/06, 08:45 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
The first pic. with a 5.0 or 5.4 3v at around 350hp would be SICKK!

Those DD Fanblades and mirrors are to die for!!
Yep, just bring up the interior quality and content a bit, give it 350 to 375 HP, and I'd be all over that like a fat guy on a Smartie.

Old 11/1/06, 04:25 AM
Bullitt Member

I love it! Thanks Burningman.
Old 11/3/06, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Yep, just bring up the interior quality and content a bit, give it 350 to 375 HP, and I'd be all over that like a fat guy on a Smartie.

You have all of these comments about Mustangs and what they should do to them, how they should change, etc. Are you ever going to buy one?

I don't think you can comment about what they should do for the future if you don't even own one now. Just my opinion.
Old 11/3/06, 09:00 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tech
You have all of these comments about Mustangs and what they should do to them, how they should change, etc. Are you ever going to buy one?

I don't think you can comment about what they should do for the future if you don't even own one now. Just my opinion.
I guess he can't be a Mustang fan? I don't play baseball, does that mean I can't be a fan? WHat he does with his money and what car he drives is his business. Does owning a mustang make you more of an expert?
Old 11/3/06, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by freebass55
I guess he can't be a Mustang fan? I don't play baseball, does that mean I can't be a fan? WHat he does with his money and what car he drives is his business. Does owning a mustang make you more of an expert?
It's got nothing to do with being an expert. Criticism doesn't hold much credibility if you haven't experienced what you're talking about.

Movie critic BC Shelby should know this first hand.
Old 11/3/06, 10:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Doug,

As always - GREAT WORK!!!

I'd love to send that to Ford people!!
Old 11/3/06, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's got nothing to do with being an expert. Criticism doesn't hold much credibility if you haven't experienced what you're talking about.

You don't have to own a 05-07 mustang to know that the interior is cheap or that it is going to need more umph to face off against upcoming challengers (pun unintended, but interesting). Experience and ownership are two different things. Criticism stems from the word critique which is synonymous with analysis, assessment, evaluation, review, etc. Most automotive critics do not own the vehicle, they just review/evaluate it. Chances are anyone taking the time to post here has sat in, rented, ridden in, or owned what they are talking about. It has nothing to do with being an owner, Criticism/critiquing is a way of improving something.

And we all know that no matter how much horsepower they dump in the mustang, it will never be enough. Reference the GT500... 500 ponies and people are still talking how that isn't enough for that engine. That will be around for ever.
Old 11/3/06, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jarradasay
You don't have to own a 05-07 mustang to know that the interior is cheap or that it is going to need more umph to face off against upcoming challengers (pun unintended, but interesting). Experience and ownership are two different things. Criticism stems from the word critique which is synonymous with analysis, assessment, evaluation, review, etc. Most automotive critics do not own the vehicle, they just review/evaluate it. Chances are anyone taking the time to post here has sat in, rented, ridden in, or owned what they are talking about. It has nothing to do with being an owner, Criticism/critiquing is a way of improving something.

And we all know that no matter how much horsepower they dump in the mustang, it will never be enough. Reference the GT500... 500 ponies and people are still talking how that isn't enough for that engine. That will be around for ever.
Aside from the grammar lesson...Criticism is most synoymous in this day and age with pointing out shortcomings. That being said an admirable critique is hardly achievable in a one hour test drive. Hence the distorted reviews of some of our favorite car magazines.

The point I'm trying to make is that the new Mustang seems to be criticised regularly on it's "chinsey interior" or something in that ballpark. It is not a luxury sports car and never will be. If you want a leather stitched dash buy a BMW (or a Cobra for that matter), but your going to pay up the rear for it. For the money, the new Mustang is very hard to beat in performance and styling. If you think the new Challanger and Camero aren't going to use plastic in nearly every visible place of the interior you're dead wrong.
Old 11/3/06, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Aside from the grammar lesson...Criticism is most synoymous in this day and age with pointing out shortcomings. That being said an admirable critique is hardly achievable in a one hour test drive. Hence the distorted reviews of some of our favorite car magazines.

The point I'm trying to make is that the new Mustang seems to be criticised regularly on it's "chinsey interior" or something in that ballpark. It is not a luxury sports car and never will be. If you want a leather stitched dash buy a BMW (or a Cobra for that matter), but your going to pay up the rear for it. For the money, the new Mustang is very hard to beat in performance and styling. If you think the new Challanger and Camero aren't going to use plastic in nearly every visible place of the interior you're dead wrong.
The mustang was always considered the poor mans muscle car. Once the challenger comes out, it will again be that. I don't think anyone can deny that.
Old 11/3/06, 01:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

As usual Doug is Hot .... UH let me rephrase that your burning man.
Old 11/3/06, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

The point I'm trying to make is that the new Mustang seems to be criticised regularly on it's "chinsey interior" or something in that ballpark. It is not a luxury sports car and never will be. If you want a leather stitched dash buy a BMW (or a Cobra for that matter), but your going to pay up the rear for it.
It takes about two seconds of just sitting in the car to notice the interior.
The present mustang interior is even cheaper feeling then the late Neon a 12-14K car. Previous mustangs as old as my 72 mach and recent as my 00 Roush have soft touch plastic or polyfoam(not sure the exact name, but similar to vinyl covered foam) wrapped interior pieces. My 05 is cheap inside. You do not need to pay out the rear or own a BMW to have a decent interior. My brother has an 06 AT, and I swear I am going to break the shift lever off evertime I shift out of park. Good design poor execution. I would be happy to pay an additional grand or so to get better interior pieces. In five years I promise you these cars will rattle like no other. The (not directed at you comment but at the general acceptance) "not a luxury car" excuse is getting old.
Old 11/3/06, 05:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jarradasay
It takes about two seconds of just sitting in the car to notice the interior.
The present mustang interior is even cheaper feeling then the late Neon a 12-14K car. Previous mustangs as old as my 72 mach and recent as my 00 Roush have soft touch plastic or polyfoam(not sure the exact name, but similar to vinyl covered foam) wrapped interior pieces. My 05 is cheap inside. You do not need to pay out the rear or own a BMW to have a decent interior. My brother has an 06 AT, and I swear I am going to break the shift lever off evertime I shift out of park. Good design poor execution. I would be happy to pay an additional grand or so to get better interior pieces. In five years I promise you these cars will rattle like no other. The (not directed at you comment but at the general acceptance) "not a luxury car" excuse is getting old.

What the heck is the recent obession with "soft touch plastics" as a sign of "quality"? On places people touch all the time, like armrests, etc, I can understand, but for places people aren't feeling up all the time, like the top of the dash, most of the door panels etc, who cares if it's "soft touch" as long as it looks good ? But if its really that important, order the Premier Trim Package on a Mustang!!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...4&d=1154891106

I have a friend with an 2003 Acura TL that I have ridden in a lot and the interior plastics looks about the same quality as a S197's. His CL's interior is black so it's easy to compare to my Mustang's dark charcoal interior. The grain patterns on interior parts look similar. He has a NAV unit which is kind of a neat gadget, but personally I wouldn't pay extra for one.

I haven't spent any time groping the interior parts so I can't tell if they're all "soft touch" or not. The arm rests feel about the same as the Mustang's.
Old 11/3/06, 10:19 PM
Closet American

Come again?

Quick Reply: Found a new pic of the 2010 stang