Ford Racing Springs and Procal Tuner questions

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/11, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.fordracingparts.com/musta...mancepacks.asp

http://www.fordracingparts.com/annou...2012_Packs.pdf

Here's some excerpts;

Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a late model Ford vehicles by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer or Shelby Automotive, Inc, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or

36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres
, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts when a concern is triggered by a warranted Ford Racing part. This

Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern.

Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
The Ford Racing Limited Warranty covers the following select Mustang, Fiesta, and Focus performance packs and components:

Mustang GT

Power Upgrade Packs:

M-FR1-MGT1 (2005-09), M-FR1-MGTA (2010), M-FR1-MGTB (2011-12)

Cold Air Kits/High-Flow Filters w/ Cal:

M-9603-GTB (2005-09), M-9603-MGT (2010), M-9603-MGTB (2011-12); M-14204-MBTKA (2012

Boss 302)
Shifters:

Special Warranty Restrictions
Premium Fuel Requirement:

Customers who purchase Power Upgrade Packs, TracKey, or

Superchargers are required to use 91-octane or higher fuels at all times. Any failures
associated with the non-use of premium 91-octane fuel will be ineligible for warranty repair.
Warranty Registration:

This limited warranty requires that parts must be purchased from an

authorized Ford Racing Dealer and installed by a Ford or Lincoln Dealer, or Shelby
Automotive, Inc.

Last edited by dafreeze; 12/17/11 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12/17/11, 11:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Jaco, don't you have to have the dealer install it, esp with warranty issues? My dealer stated that they needed to "access ford's computer"... I'm like wtf does that mean. I bet he just means get access to the 91 tune. But doesn't it already come with it?

When you say give them your VIN # when ordering the tuner, give it to who? Because I might order it from say, American Muscle... I have to give them my VIN????
Before I put the tune in I went over to see my service rep and he pulled the info up that the other Dave(DeFreeze) posted and said just to follow the instructions and its no issue for them since it was a Ford Tune. After I did it I had to take it in for oil change and the brake fluid cap just didnt fit right so they replaced that and he had me come over to where the car was and they had it hooked up to a computer and the Mech said the install upgrade was perfect. I have the certificate from the pro cal and date installed. Just beware, some dealers here in the USA are not as good as others. I had him sign my cert/receipt. He was very cool and told me he wasnt going to charge me for flipping a switch. But Yes they require the Vin because I think its more of a cost thing, using it and selling it but not 100% sure on that. DJ