Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package Update #'s

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/10, 04:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package Update #'s

Below is the data on the 2 kits M-FR1-MGTB and M-9603-MGTB.

Calibrations will be ready for release next week. Notice the torque improvement at 1,500 RPM.

M-FR1-MGTB MUSTANG GT POWER UPGRADE PACKAGE
MSRP: $749.00

Fits 2011 Mustang GT with automatic or manual transmission. For 2005-2009 Mustang GT see M-FR1-MGT, for 2010 Mustang GT see M-FR1-MGTA

Approximate increase of 16 hp / 7 lb-ft and up to 60 lb-ft at 1500 rpm on 93 octane fuel

Eliminates "skip-shift" on manual transmission applications

Kit includes:
Ford Racing ProCal tool with performance calibration for significantly improved throttle response and performance feel
2011 Mustang GT High Flow K&N / Ford Racing Air Filter With Performance Calibration M-9603-MGTB
2011 Mustang GT - SVT Muffler Kit (50 State) M-5230-MGTCA1
Performance Oil Filter CM-6731-FL820
Premium (91 octane or higher) fuel only
Due to multiple powertrain calibrations, online registration is required to receive ProCal calibration delivery tool after purchase.
Ford Racing does not ship ProCal tools directly overseas. Customers must make special arrangements with their Ford Racing Distributor.
Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles only
Unlike our competitors, all Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealer
Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle
Old 9/7/10, 05:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Below is the data on the 2 kits M-FR1-MGTB and M-9603-MGTB.

Calibrations will be ready for release next week. Notice the torque improvement at 1,500 RPM.

M-FR1-MGTB MUSTANG GT POWER UPGRADE PACKAGE
MSRP: $749.00

Fits 2011 Mustang GT with automatic or manual transmission. For 2005-2009 Mustang GT see M-FR1-MGT, for 2010 Mustang GT see M-FR1-MGTA

Approximate increase of 16 hp / 7 lb-ft and up to 60 lb-ft at 1500 rpm on 93 octane fuel

Eliminates "skip-shift" on manual transmission applications

Kit includes:
Ford Racing ProCal tool with performance calibration for significantly improved throttle response and performance feel
2011 Mustang GT High Flow K&N / Ford Racing Air Filter With Performance Calibration M-9603-MGTB
2011 Mustang GT - SVT Muffler Kit (50 State) M-5230-MGTCA1
Performance Oil Filter CM-6731-FL820
Premium (91 octane or higher) fuel only
Due to multiple powertrain calibrations, online registration is required to receive ProCal calibration delivery tool after purchase.
Ford Racing does not ship ProCal tools directly overseas. Customers must make special arrangements with their Ford Racing Distributor.
Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles only
Unlike our competitors, all Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealer
Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle
I wonder how long before they release one for the 3.7. Still, 16 hp and 7 ft lbs torque for $749. Ouch. After 440 hp I'm not sure that's worth it to me. I wonder how much you gain by just running 93 in it?
Old 9/7/10, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

60 lb-ft is a great gain at only 1,500.
Old 9/7/10, 06:21 PM
GT Member

So, has anyone found out if the Ford Performance parts do anything to the factory or better yet extended warranties? I know they individually come with 12 month warranties...but does that change the factory warranties to 12 months? I would think not, but stranger things have happened.
Old 9/7/10, 06:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Timeless
So, has anyone found out if the Ford Performance parts do anything to the factory or better yet extended warranties? I know they individually come with 12 month warranties...but does that change the factory warranties to 12 months? I would think not, but stranger things have happened.
My dealer, which actually averages 2 superchargers/month on mustangs, told me that, so long as they install it and bring it to them for service, there will be no problems with the tunes and warranties.

But, I am guessing that it depends on the dealership. I suggest you ask around before either doing the tune or taking it to a new dealer for service.
Old 9/8/10, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Maxhenry
My dealer, which actually averages 2 superchargers/month on mustangs, told me that, so long as they install it and bring it to them for service, there will be no problems with the tunes and warranties.

But, I am guessing that it depends on the dealership. I suggest you ask around before either doing the tune or taking it to a new dealer for service.

My dealer told me the same thing. But I would imagine that may vary from dealer to dealer.

PS. Max which dealer are you dealing with? Is it Hasset? Are you working with John?

Last edited by shotzy; 9/8/10 at 08:44 AM.
Old 9/8/10, 03:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by shotzy

PS. Max which dealer are you dealing with? Is it Hasset? Are you working with John?
It is Hassett. I spoke with John for perhaps 30 mins or so, and found him to be very knowledgeable.
So next oil change or so, in goes the tune.
Old 9/9/10, 06:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Maxhenry
It is Hassett. I spoke with John for perhaps 30 mins or so, and found him to be very knowledgeable.
So next oil change or so, in goes the tune.
Yeah he is very knowledgeable. And he can talk you out of quite a few dollars...lol

If you want to make a huge difference in your car. Let him talk you into the 4.10's. Ohhhhh myyy let me tell you what a difference. And driving in LI traffic I can actually use 6th gear. So my gas mileage has actually gotten better. I cant wait for the tune to get here. Just waiting on them to get shipped. If it is this good now. I really cant imagine. Totally different car. It is an animal now.

Last edited by shotzy; 9/9/10 at 06:38 AM.