oil change @ 6months
oil filter
tire rotation
cabin air filter @ 32k
engine filter @ 48k

labor included

5 yr 100k - $2100
7 yr 150k - $2545

its basically prepaying in advance, but is it worth it in case some need replacement often enough to make it worth it?
Old 4/16/12, 06:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good to me but never had experience with that. And it probably won't cover you if you did any mods on it.
Old 4/16/12, 07:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Just about vital for the GT500, not sure if it's quite as necessary for a GT or V6. However, what you should ask yourself is whether the price is worth the peace of mind it imparts.
Old 4/16/12, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

It depends on how you will use the car. If you will be putting average miles on it, then I think it is a good deal. The 30K maintenance in my '08 was nearly $800 if I remember right (recommended service, not what the owner's manual requires). I bought the 5K mile maintenance plan when I got my '10. I was sold when they told me brakes and clutch were included. I drive mine regularly but have a pretty short drive to work and don't drive it in bad weather, so in 3 years I've racked up 19K miles. I've used the maintenance plan five times for oil changes (plus the out of pocket expense of upgrading to synthetic). On my last oil change I attempted to use it and the dealer said it would count as my 30K maintenance. They said they have to use them in order. So my next use would equate to 6 oil changes x 5K miles = 30K service. After he explained it to me it made sense, so I just paid for the oil change. Given the number of miles I drive I may have paid too much for the plan. However, one blown clutch could equalize it real quick. IMO it is great if you will be putting average mileage on it, less than that maybe not so much.
Old 4/16/12, 08:05 PM
GT Member

Like everything else, be sure to read the fine print if there are any exceptions or terms and conditions.
Old 4/16/12, 09:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I purchased the Ford ESP, Premium Care, for $1180.00. It is good for 100,000 miles or until Jul 2017 (purchased it in 2010 for my 2011 GT/CS. I purchased it on line as my dealer had an insane price. Shop around.

You can also try the company I went with, Flood Ford. I believe they can be reached at "FloodFordESP.com". The internet Sales Manager was Gardiner Reynolds @401-847-4737.

I have no connection with this dealership or the sales person. My contact was on line and by e-mail. They are on the East coast.

Disregard the above...I misread your original post and thought it was the ESP, vs maintenance plan. My bad

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 4/16/12 at 09:18 PM.
Old 4/17/12, 12:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nighthawk283
Sounds good to me but never had experience with that. And it probably won't cover you if you did any mods on it.
Im keeping it stock..comes with nice factory suspension and everything already, plus I got the brembo wheels.

Originally Posted by ksguy73
It depends on how you will use the car. If you will be putting average miles on it, then I think it is a good deal. The 30K maintenance in my '08 was nearly $800 if I remember right (recommended service, not what the owner's manual requires). I bought the 5K mile maintenance plan when I got my '10. I was sold when they told me brakes and clutch were included. I drive mine regularly but have a pretty short drive to work and don't drive it in bad weather, so in 3 years I've racked up 19K miles. I've used the maintenance plan five times for oil changes (plus the out of pocket expense of upgrading to synthetic). On my last oil change I attempted to use it and the dealer said it would count as my 30K maintenance. They said they have to use them in order. So my next use would equate to 6 oil changes x 5K miles = 30K service. After he explained it to me it made sense, so I just paid for the oil change. Given the number of miles I drive I may have paid too much for the plan. However, one blown clutch could equalize it real quick. IMO it is great if you will be putting average mileage on it, less than that maybe not so much.
well I'll be doing city + highway driving, not often but the usual gas station, groceries, in-laws, college, work..etc etc..my biggest and main fear is the clutch disc, what if it prematurely runs down since I havent driven manual in a while although im not riding the clutch, nevertheless haven't owned the newest generation mustang in a manual to know by experience how long it will last..

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I purchased the Ford ESP, Premium Care, for $1180.00. It is good for 100,000 miles or until Jul 2017 (purchased it in 2010 for my 2011 GT/CS. I purchased it on line as my dealer had an insane price. Shop around.

You can also try the company I went with, Flood Ford. I believe they can be reached at "FloodFordESP.com". The internet Sales Manager was Gardiner Reynolds @401-847-4737.

I have no connection with this dealership or the sales person. My contact was on line and by e-mail. They are on the East coast.

Disregard the above...I misread your original post and thought it was the ESP, vs maintenance plan. My bad
no thanks for sharing though, what did their plan cover?
Old 4/17/12, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Just about vital for the GT500, not sure if it's quite as necessary for a GT or V6. However, what you should ask yourself is whether the price is worth the peace of mind it imparts.
Why vital on the GT500?
Old 4/17/12, 05:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabooka
Why vital on the GT500?
Because it will be more expensive to replace/repair those parts on the GT500.
Old 4/17/12, 07:14 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
Covers:
Clutch disc
brake pads
rotors
rotor warping
blades
shock absorbers
spark plugs @ 96k
engine hose clamps
belts
bulbs - excludes hid
oil change @ 6months
oil filter
tire rotation
cabin air filter @ 32k
engine filter @ 48k

labor included

5 yr 100k - $2100
7 yr 150k - $2545

its basically prepaying in advance, but is it worth it in case some need replacement often enough to make it worth it?
I think it sounds like a complete ripoff. Most of that is simple DIY stuff that's on the cheap side anyway. The only part that sounds worth it is the clutch...but how much are you gonna have to fight with them when they say you abused it, so it's not covered?

You also have to think about how much you'll be driving the car. In the 7 years I've had my car, I definitely haven't spent $2500 on oil and filters.
Old 4/17/12, 08:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
Im keeping it stock..comes with nice factory suspension and everything already, plus I got the brembo wheels.

well I'll be doing city + highway driving, not often but the usual gas station, groceries, in-laws, college, work..etc etc..my biggest and main fear is the clutch disc, what if it prematurely runs down since I havent driven manual in a while although im not riding the clutch, nevertheless haven't owned the newest generation mustang in a manual to know by experience how long it will last..

no thanks for sharing though, what did their plan cover?
Premium Care, under the Ford ESP, covers 500+ components, and includes a rental car, even for an oil change, as well as road service. If you google Ford ESP, you will be able to bring up a brochure. What is not covered is a very short list and is mostly service related items. The transmission is covered, but not the clutch plate or disc, which are considered service items, as are brake pads.
Old 4/18/12, 01:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Brother that sounds way to high. As previously posted check online. Flood Ford, Ziegler Ford, and Troy Ford have some of the better prices I have seen. You may even try printing one of their quotes, and take it to your dealer. They may match the price, but could tell you no. Either way you can get a better price somewhere else.

This is the course I'm taking when the Wifey's arrives. May not make my dealer happy, but as they say "Thems the breaks".
Old 4/18/12, 07:41 PM

Premium Care, under the Ford ESP, covers 500+ components, and includes a rental car, even for an oil change, as well as road service. If you google Ford ESP, you will be able to bring up a brochure. What is not covered is a very short list and is mostly service related items. The transmission is covered, but not the clutch plate or disc, which are considered service items, as are brake pads.
Also not covered: Paint and Trim... Learned that one the hard way...
Old 4/18/12, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Your talking about the ESP, not the Premium Maintenance Plan. The maintenance plan does cover clutch, brake pads, shocks, wiper blades, spark plugs, belts, hoses, etc. My scanner isn't working but I'm looking at the brochure I got when I bought mine. However, I looked it up and if you go to the owner.ford.com site and search Premium Maintenance Plan it lists it all there.
Old 4/18/12, 08:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ksguy73
Your talking about the ESP, not the Premium Maintenance Plan. The maintenance plan does cover clutch, brake pads, shocks, wiper blades, spark plugs, belts, hoses, etc. My scanner isn't working but I'm looking at the brochure I got when I bought mine. However, I looked it up and if you go to the owner.ford.com site and search Premium Maintenance Plan it lists it all there.
Right! In Post 7 above the OP asked about the ESP I had inadvertently talked about in the earlier post. I misread his original post. You are right, it is a little strange the ESP doesn't cover the clutch, etc., but the maintenance plans does. I suppose they do that on purpose to try and get us to buy both.

What did you pay for your maintenance plan? His listed cost seemed way over the top.
Old 4/19/12, 10:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
guys heres the pdf file http://www.ford.ca/partsservice/pdf/...rochure_EN.pdf

its the FMPP not ESP by the way..they cover alot of things, making you the customer prepay for everything in advance, that way making sure you only go to them and not anywhere else..its peace of mind knowing everything is covered that I listed but it could be paying too much at once for thing you may not need..

still in deep thought..got till may 2nd to make a choice..