Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford Dealer Locator/New Inventory Question

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/12, 05:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Dealer Locator/New Inventory Question

I have been looking at my local dealer's inventories for some time now. I f I search for a Mustang, for example, it will show a vin, stock number, and it's status eg. in stock or dealer ordered. What I have noticed recently are several vehicles from area dealers listed with vin numbers and window stickers that would indicate that the car is several months old, but I know that the dealer didn't have this car on their lot recently. In addition to that, there is no status or stock number associated with the vehicle indicated. I ordered a 12 Mustang and see the exact car I ordered on the dealer's website but no status or stock number associated with it and the window sticker gives a May 11 build date. I thought that rather than ordering the dealer made arrangements for a trade. After emailing the salesperson, I got my order # and a confirmation date for that order. Just wondering if someone had any insight into this and why vehicles that are several months old are just now showing up on searches through Ford's website.
Old 1/19/12, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey bud, I hope I can help. If the car that was ordered months prior and just started to show up online, it may be because the car was a "retail" order. When a customer orders a car, its a Order Type 1 (Its order type A/Z for a A/Z/X/D Plan sale). When that car is built, it won't show up on the dealer's inventory because it isn't for regular stock. Its a customer's car and Ford doesn't want it showing up on the dealer locator, as its a "sold" car when it arrives. Now that said, sometimes things happen and someone has to cancel the order and the car will eventually show up on the dealer inventory after a certain amount of days. I can't remember if its 30 days or 60 days. Can't remember for sure. I hope this helps.
Old 1/19/12, 06:50 PM
V6 Member

Thank You
Old 1/20/12, 07:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Your welcome